Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polamalu Headlines 2020 Pro Football HOF Finalists

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Polamalu Headlines 2020 Pro Football HOF Finalists

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    As this is a Steelers forum, I will digress lol.

Seriously though, as mentioned, could you even imagine Polomalu and Reed, in their primes, playing together as FS and SS? Unfair wouldn’t even begin to describe it.
    You know, I have thought about that, and I'm not sure if it would have worked out. Troy needed someone who would cover for him when he free-lanced. Making Reed do that would have hindered his own instinctual plays, I think. It's one of those things where the sum of the parts is greater than the whole rather than the opposite.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Great for Troy. Definately a first ballot HOF.

Faneca gets ripped off again. He and Will Sheilds were the best OG of his era and then he and Hutchinson were the best towards the end of Alan's career.

IMO, Steve Atwater belongs in the hall of very good.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I'm so happy for Troy and the Steelers. He has always represented Pittsburgh with a level of class not seen too often. The Hall just got better with the addition of 43

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Please start a new thread.
    Thanks.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Congrats to Troy, I love that he is so humble and gives credit to his teammates for helping him to become who he was. A true hero for kids to look up to, he is a very good person outside of football.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Faneca gets ripped off again. He and Will Sheilds were the best OG of his era and then he and Hutchinson were the best towards the end of Alan's career.

Yep - Atwater 2 time All Pro as opposed to Faneca 6 time All Pro

Not as if they did not want 2 players from the same position inducted since 2 safeties are getting in

Probably a combination of Atwater had been waiting longer after multiple times as a finalist along with the usual there are enough Steelers in Canton crowd with Troy, Cowher and Shell getting in

It is an arbitrary PR exercise but Faneca should get in soon as the only current viable Steeler (Hines Ward is a longshot) in the HOF pipeline until Ben retires

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Congrats to Polamalu, well deserved. He was an obvious choice. As for Faneca, no way the Hall would let them in considering they already elected Cowher and Shell and had to let in Polamalu or essentially render themselves invalid

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Faneca gets in next year for sure.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Completely agree.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep - Atwater 2 time All Pro as opposed to Faneca 6 time All Pro

Not as if they did not want 2 players from the same position inducted since 2 safeties are getting in

Probably a combination of Atwater had been waiting longer after multiple times as a finalist along with the usual there are enough Steelers in Canton crowd with Troy, Cowher and Shell getting in
    The Broncos player that should be in there is Gradishar. 7 Pro Bowls (when that still meant something), 6-time All-Pro and DPOY in 1978.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The Broncos player that should be in there is Gradishar. 7 Pro Bowls (when that still meant something), 6-time All-Pro and DPOY in 1978.

Yep. He was a far better player than Atwater IMO.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Agreed, he was the guy that you thought of when it came to those Bronco defenses.

Conversely, when I think of Broncos safety in the 90's, I think of Dennis Smith having better range in that secondary and Atwater being the hitter. One could argue that Smith was the more valuable safeties in that Denver defense. Faneca still got jobbed, but no way they put in 4 Steelers in the HOF the same class, so I guess he will have to wait some more.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Faneca will get in next year, suck he had to wait but it is what it is.

After him it'll be a while until a Steeler gets inducted in the HOF. Assuming Ben would be next.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I remember the AFC team LBs would have Ham, Lambert, Gradishar. Like clockwork.