Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers pick 18th in the 2020 draft

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers pick 18th in the 2020 draft

And even then, it isn't until the second round. By then, the big-time players will be gone and will have nothing but projects at best.

If anyone is expecting any big sweeping changes to the team and particularly on Offense next season, it likely isn't happening. They can only hope Rudolph and Hodges get better after eating up their NFL action this season.

The Steelers better keep this Defense together as much as they can.

Re: Steelers pick 18th in the 2020 draft

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    And even then, it isn't until the second round. By then, the big-time players will be gone and will have nothing but projects at best.

If anyone is expecting any sweeping changes to the team and particularly on Offense next season, it ain't happening.

The Steelers better keep this Defense together as much as they can.
    I'm so happy about that. Miami traded with us precisely because they thought they'd get a high first-round pick. Instead, they're in the bottom half with our pick. Houston's number 1 is in the bottom third. So, they cleared house somewhat and didn't get the bargain they wanted. Still, they have 3 first-round picks, but it's not the ones they were hoping for.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Minkah at #18 is already an A+ grade, we’ll see how the rest of the draft goes. Gladly I don’t have to watch round one, it’s like 2 hours straight of nothing but talking to just see one pick

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Minkah at #18 is already an A+ grade, we’ll see how the rest of the draft goes. Gladly I don’t have to watch round one, it’s like 2 hours straight of nothing but talking to just see one pick
    And, that was with a thirteen game preview before his draftpick came up. I agree, that's an A+ pick. (Although, he did fade into obscurity a bit in the second half of the season).

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So really it's 49, since teams with the same records rotate in draft order in different rounds

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

True. Who says the Steelers can't find a good player in round two? Bell, Tuitt, and Ju-ju were second round picks.

We should be able to get a durable running back with speed and hands in round two.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Let's all be realistic with this 'draft pick' crap. Draft picks are nothing but shooting in a dark room, sometimes you hit something, but most of the time they are misses. College is nothing like professional. The coaching on the professional teams is what it is all about. Timing has to be taught, defense reads have to be taught, and we all see how tackling is done. 1st round picks mean nothing, late round picks mean just as much. Usually a draft pick doesn't come around for a few year's....and by then could very well be on another team. To me, just my opinion, draft picks ceremony is just wasting time and hopes. Hopefully our F.O. can make some trades and deals to help this team in 2020, find players who want to play and win, and we all can get back to cheering this team to playoffs and FINALLY WINNING!! Beating the crap out of teams we're supposed to, and winning a few games that are even ranked. Enough in relying on OTHER teams to help us get in the playoffs.....you don't deserve to be in playoffs IF you don't put yourself there !!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Let's all be realistic with this 'draft pick' crap. Draft picks are nothing but shooting in a dark room, sometimes you hit something, but most of the time they are misses. College is nothing like professional. The coaching on the professional teams is what it is all about. Timing has to be taught, defense reads have to be taught, and we all see how tackling is done. 1st round picks mean nothing, late round picks mean just as much. Usually a draft pick doesn't come around for a few year's....and by then could very well be on another team. To me, just my opinion, draft picks ceremony is just wasting time and hopes. Hopefully our F.O. can make some trades and deals to help this team in 2020, find players who want to play and win, and we all can get back to cheering this team to playoffs and FINALLY WINNING!! Beating the crap out of teams we're supposed to, and winning a few games that are even ranked. Enough in relying on OTHER teams to help us get in the playoffs.....you don't deserve to be in playoffs IF you don't put yourself there !!

Some teams walk around shooting in a dark room only occasionally hitting something.

Some teams wear night vision goggles that gives them the ability to hit more targets.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

With the 49th (50th?) pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    With the 49th (50th?) pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Until Ben's buddy is cut loose, he, and anyone else coming down the pipe is a dead man walking in Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Why not? Honestly

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Keep drafting QBs until you get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish we would do that with TE's

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Exactly. Draft one every year until you find one that is “good enough” to be your guy for the next decade.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Wish we would do that with TE's
    That wouldn't be a bad idea either!

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

We need a reliable RB with our first pick...IF Ben can go for 2020. If not, we're doomed either way.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I would take a TE or OL with our first pick, RB is fine if we have a QB that can make teams pay for stacking the box, so they shouldn’t do that to us next season.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There are so many needs on this team. A few of them can be solved with solid O-Line play. The ability to read a defense, pass protect and run-block would, obviously, go miles in helping the RB, WR, QB positions appear better. For that OL is my #1 need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

id take a stud RB at this pick

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Some teams walk around shooting in a dark room only occasionally hitting something.

Some teams wear night vision goggles that gives them the ability to hit more targets.
    Well said! Some do a better job of evaluating talent/ attitude and willingness to compete, than others do.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

TIGHT END!!!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I think Kiper has him ranked as the #4 QB in the draft. What Jordan Love does at the Senior Bowl could influence that.

Shoes wants to see Jared Pinkney at that #49 pick I bet.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Just keep in mind when given the choice Georgia coach Kirby Smart went with game manager Jake Fromm (the Andy Dalton of college QBs) after Eason recovered from an early season injury in 2017 and let Eason transfer

If Dupree leaves, it is edge rusher.

If Dupree stays but that sends Foster, Finney, and Feiler off the roster, it is interior OL.

If Dupree stays and you know that means Conner isn’t getting an extension, it is RB.

Then there is always QB.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    id take a stud RB at this pick
    I agree, I think they will go that route. Don't get me wrong, I like Conner a lot, but the guy can't stay out of the tub. It's a shame because he'd be a star in this league if he were more durable. But the smart money is they'll part ways with him unless he can somehow go through a season without getting injured. With that said, we have Samuels, who proved to be no better than an average 3rd down back. Benny Snell who I like as a RB2, but isn't talented enough to be a feature back. Whyte who is unproven.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'd like to see the Steelers get a wide receiver with their first pick. We need someone who can be a number one receiver. Someone who can eat up double and triple coverage, but still get separation and make catches. Someone who can take pressure off of Juju so he can flourish as a number 2 receiver again.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Round 2 - LeVeon Bell type RB
    Round 3 (Comp) - Jon Kolb type T
    Round 4 - Ike Taylor type CB
    Round 4 - Aaron Smith type DE
    Round 6 - Antonio Brown type WR
    Round 7 - Brett Keisel type DE

It’s really that easy...lol...maybe an Adrian Cooper type TE in Round 4 or a John Stallworth type WR?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I'd rather have a Derrick Henry type of RB over a Bell type. We need a RB that can beat off defenders with his size

If Dupree leaves, it is edge rusher.

If Dupree stays but that sends Foster, Finney, and Feiler off the roster, it is interior OL.

If Dupree stays and you know that means Conner isn’t getting an extension, it is RB.

Then there is always QB.
    Feiler is a RFA and should be extended relatively inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Feiler is a RFA and should be extended relatively inexpensive.
    I repeatedly forget about that. Then move Feiler to LG and let Banner step in at RT? Now the draft priority maybe slips down a round or two?