Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns fire Freddie Kitchens

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Browns fire Freddie Kitchens

Freddie Kitchens is one-and-done in Cleveland

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ddie-kitchens/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Browns fire Freddie Kitchens

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Freddie Kitchens Fired

Freddie Kitchens gone after last summer's preseason Super Bowl champs finish up 6-10 with a loss to the Bengals today

Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam will be conducting their fifth head coaching search since they took over the team in 2012.

“We thank Freddie for his hard work and commitment to this organization but did not see the success or opportunities for improvement to move forward with him as our head coach,'' they said in a joint statement....

Rarely has a head coach in the NFL done so little with so much talent, and the Browns had no choice but to cut their losses after an abysmal performance in what was supposed to be a playoff season.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/201...r-reports.html

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I really thought they'd finally put it all together.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Well Damn

What's next they fire their GM? Get rid of their front office? Draft another QB??? hmmm deja vu all over again???

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

It was the tee shirt incident.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Freddie Kitchens Fired

Darn. Was hoping he’d stick around a bit longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Darn. Was hoping he’d stick around a bit longer...
    Does it really matter? Cleveland is like a black hole. HC get hired and it sucks the life out of them. It’s a foregone conclusion!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I guess not...lol

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Please Browns, hire Marvin Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Fortunately it looks like Washington is going to hire Ron Rivera, after Bruce Allen was canned to allow their new HC more control, and take that option off the table for the Browns

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nt-bruce-allen

The Browns have requested permission to interview New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for their head-coaching vacancy, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Carolina Panthers and New York Giants also have requested an interview with McDaniels.

The Browns also have requested permission to interview Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman, a source told Schefter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-6-10-finish

Other than Munchak (who IMO Elway was recruiting for the Denver OL coach position with the interview), when was the last time a team asked permission to interview a Steelers assistant for a HC job?

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 12-30-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Fortunately it looks like Washington is going to hire Ron Rivera, after Bruce Allen was canned to allow their new HC more control, and take that option off the table for the Browns

The Browns have requested permission to interview New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for their head-coaching vacancy, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Carolina Panthers and New York Giants also have requested an interview with McDaniels.

The Browns also have requested permission to interview Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman, a source told Schefter.

Josh McDaniels lol. What a crapfest coaching job he did in Denver.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    That would be totally AWESOME !!!! It would make our division play soooooo interesting......Cleve. vs Cincy games I wouldn't want to miss!!! LOL.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I thought the Browns were sticking with Kitchens? Though I guess losing to the Bengals really throws a wrench in that lol.

But the responsibility is on him. With the talent the Browns have, anything less than a 9-7 season is a disappointment. I mean we all saw how good they could be if they had their sh** together. They crushed the ravens, and I honestly think talent wise, they are THAT good. Problem is talent and production aren't on the same page.

If I were taking in the Browns, first thing I’d do is dump Beckham and probably have to dump Landry as well...pending him being all butthurt over Beckham being dumped...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If I were taking in the Browns, first thing I’d do is dump Beckham and probably have to dump Landry as well...pending him being all butthurt over Beckham being dumped...
    No win situation for them, they really got themselves in an "AB" situation. Keep them and run the risk (a good risk) of the circus continuing and getting worse, with occasional glimpses of 'what should be' that just leads to more letdowns. Or dump them both and be doomed to a 1-15 season or worse

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

That team is their own worst enemy. How many 1 and 2 year head coaches can you keep going thru expecting it to change? Hue Jackson was the only guy Haslam gave any time to see what improvements could be made. Greg Williams had some real momentum at the end of last year, they should have kept him.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    It was the tee shirt incident.

I found a new gig for him that he is eminently qualified to do.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

What blows me away is there are still people who are willing to take the job as Browns HC. It's going to be a shit show, you're going to get fired after a single season, and it will be a stain (no pun) on your career. Yet people are still lining up for it.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Other than Munchak (who IMO Elway was recruiting for the Denver OL coach position with the interview), when was the last time a team asked permission to interview a Steelers assistant for a HC job?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Dorsey built a pretty good team...give that team to Andy Reid and oh boy...glad to see they let go of the most competent person there...

Thinking maybe McCarthy? Although I saw he may be interviewing with the Jets.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Wow. That was a big mistake. Dorsey built what is esentially KC's team as it is. I understand getting Kitchens out, but this is utter stupidity IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Wow. That was a big mistake. Dorsey built what is esentially KC's team as it is. I understand getting Kitchens out, but this is utter stupidity IMO.
    Ok. Good to hear that someone else can't wrap their heads around this either. Thought it was just me!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

It Cleveland being well Cleveland. One and done is like a motto there. And now the GM who really found a way to build a solid roster. I'm not sure who said it above. But I do agree they could luck up and hire a decent coach. Damn I hope not

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Well Damn

What's next they fire their GM? Get rid of their front office? Draft another QB??? hmmm deja vu all over again???
    2 down 2 to go. Do you think they will hit for the cycle again this year???

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I live 50 miles south of Cleveland. I have family there. I would love to see the Browns become relevant again. I'm not a fan, but it would be good for the league if one of the most storied franchises in the NFL would become a viable team again. I don't understand what it is with the Browns.... WHY can't thet get it right!???? WHY do they continually do such stupid shit!!!??? So much talent on that roster right now.................. and they continue to just fuck it up!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I live 50 miles south of Cleveland. I have family there. I would love to see the Browns become relevant again. I'm not a fan, but it would be good for the league if one of the most storied franchises in the NFL would become a viable team again. I don't understand what it is with the Browns.... WHY can't thet get it right!???? WHY do they continually do such stupid shit!!!??? So much talent on that roster right now.................. and they continue to just fuck it up!
    Right now it’s HORRIBLE ownership. He has not a single clue on how to run an NFL franchise.