Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Week 17 Ravens vs Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Week 17 Ravens vs Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    On the last drive, both the throw to DJ and JUJU have to be a TD at the NFL level. Hodges is just far too bad to cobble together a functional offense.

I really don't think we can understate how not good he is.

Oh, I don’t disagree with that one bit. I’m not even watching this game because I had no doubt about the outcome.

What I’m saying is that this game wouldn’t matter if we had a good OC. We pretty much know that it wouldn’t have taken more than a couple of better decisions that would have turned previous losses into victories.

I’m not say fire Tomlin or anything. There’s not much within his control or wheelhouse that I think he could have done differently given who he is and the fact that there was no conceivable way to replace Fichtner last off season. He made rational decisions given what he knew when.

I’m not blaming. Just saying that one factor, among a few, that could have turned at least two losses into victories, would be a really good OC.

A good QB would obviously be another

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

All day to pass and he throws it out of bounds smh

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

8-8 is exactly what we are...mediocre.
    Good defense, shit offense.
    This team needs a lot more than just a successful return by Ben...which is questionable.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Titans deserve the playoffs more than the Steelers do. They have been playing very well down the stretch regardless of losing. The Steelers have been treading water.

I said it before and say it again. This season was lost the minute the Steelers went wildcat against the Bills when there was absolutely no reason to. That was the team waving the white flag. That was the singular moment when this team gave up and just was not going to get it done. They were intimidated.

It was fun while it lastedv and it looked good, but its very clear Ben masked a lot of problems on the Offensive side of the ball that were there in 2018. A LOT of problems.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

That's one way to make sure JuJu catches the ball...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed - but it is not an either/or choice. Both the QB and the OC can be a hot mess.

Right. We know that it wouldn’t have take much to turn a few of these losses into victories. One factor, that’s pretty easy to speculate on because we saw what went wrong, is even SLIGHTLY better offensive schematics.

I mean, as bad as this offense is, we still lost a few games by only one play. Of course it’s also possible to have even WORSE offensive coaching. But it isn’t much of an assumption to say that BETTER offensive coaching would have won us a couple more games.

But with this defense we can probably make the playoffs next year if Ben plays well and we keep Fichtner. Ben obviously compensates for a lot of warts.

Senior Member Array title="faninyork is on a distinguished road">

Can’t find the IG flag on RG III but it’s available for Duck. Joke.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So RG3 isn't intentional grounding... ah fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    So RG3 isn't intentional grounding... ah fuck it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I wouldn't even play watt at this point.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Wow a good punt

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Hairball is the biggest fucking cry baby ive ever seen.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'll take a safety here...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Wow a good punt
    Which means he'll probably shank the next one.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    It goes beyond QB.

Maybe you can break it down for us and explain in detail how and why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Season over. Was an impressive run considering the mess that was the offense.

Unfortunately, the coordinators will stay the same and the results won’t be much better in 2020...lol.

I guess you can look at it that way. But the truth is we only needed to ONE MORE right thing in at least 3 games and we’d be in the playoffs.

Yes, it could have been players playing better... but given the play being what it was, a few plays simply schemed better would have also made the difference.

I think Tomlin has a great case to make if he decides to fight for new OC. Ben isn’t an idiot. As much as he likes Fichtner, he wants another ring more. And he won’t give up the chance to play with this defense. He won’t quit with a new OC. Just don’t hire a total dick like Haley.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Lol what a joke

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

This team is the fu@%ing worst

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Fuck Harbaugh... remember that one for the future.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Harbaugh with a fuck you to the Steelers with that fake punt

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Tomlin and the red flag.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

If the Steelers don’t like it then don’t let them convert it

But I agree file that away for next season when someone has a clear shot at Jackson

That's a weird situation to try a fake. They know our offense sucks, so why risk the field position?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Lol. Leave it to Harbaugh to leave a little knife twist in the end there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    That's a weird situation to try a fake. They know our offense sucks, so why risk the field position?
    Twisting the knife.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Tomlin for coach of the year.... oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Tomlin for coach of the year.... oh wait

There are still plenty of their important players in this game. The playoffs this year are obviously not an option for us. But we can do what the Bengals have routinely done to us multiple times: lose but cripple our chances.

Tell our players to play by 1970s rules. If we take a penalty, that just keeps their offense on the field to take more punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Lol. Leave it to Harbaugh to leave a little knife twist in the end there.

- - - Updated - - -

Twisting the knife.
    If so, it's a foolish emotionally based decision.

Kudos to the Ravens, they drafted Jackson super late in the draft then actually put a OC in place that could make him great instead of hiring Jacksons buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    If the Steelers don’t like it then don’t let them convert it

But I agree file that away for next season when someone has a clear shot at Jackson
    Why file it away for next year? This is the game to not give a fuck about borderline hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Jackson isn’t the only player on their team that’s important