Thread: JOE FREAKING BURROW!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

JOE FREAKING BURROW!

Wow! 7 TD passes in the first half. Bengals fans have got to be excited. This kid made some unreal throws.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: JOE FREAKING BURROW!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Wow! 7 TD passes in the first half. Bengals fans have got to be excited. This kid made some unreal throws.
    Burrow is a top of the first round talent but that first half was a training film on how wretched Big 12 defenses are

Bengals will have Burrow and Ravens will still have Lamar. Remember when the big concern for Steelers fans was Baker coming to Cleveland? Those were the days.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Burrow is a top of the first round talent but that first half was a training film on how wretched Big 12 defenses are

Bengals will have Burrow and Ravens will still have Lamar. Remember when the big concern for Steelers fans was Baker coming to Cleveland? Those were the days.
    And we'll have DUCK!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

There are a couple things that are amazing about Burrow.

It is incredible how quickly he processes information. He reads the defenses well, rips through his progressions, and finds the open man or the best matchup nearly every time.

I am also blown away at how he feels pressure without taking his eyes downfield. He maneuvers within the pocket as well as any college quarterback I can remember while still seeing the field. It's uncanny.

The other thing is how accurate he is and how well he throws the ball while moving. His footwork is fantastic while moving and he seems to be able to make any throw, from anywhere on the field with zero fear. He is always able to gather himself and have a good base from which to throw, even when on the move.

He is playing the position at a level that I haven't seen before by a college QB.

With all this success, he seems incredibly humble and thankful for how things have unfolded for him and the opportunity he created for himself. An unbelievable kid and player.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The prospect of Burrow going to the division scares me. He seems to be a vocal leader, a guy who can elevate people around him, a guy who will seem to be able to inject some fight into the Bungals. Mike Brown will continue to hold the team back as long as he is owner but Burrow looks legit

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There are a couple things that are amazing about Burrow.

It is incredible how quickly he processes information. He reads the defenses well, rips through his progressions, and finds the open man or the best matchup nearly every time.

I am also blown away at how he feels pressure without taking his eyes downfield. He maneuvers within the pocket as well as any college quarterback I can remember while still seeing the field. It's uncanny.

The other thing is how accurate he is and how well he throws the ball while moving. His footwork is fantastic while moving and he seems to be able to make any throw, from anywhere on the field with zero fear. He is always able to gather himself and have a good base from which to throw, even when on the move.

He is playing the position at a level that I haven't seen before by a college QB.

With all this success, he seems incredibly humble and thankful for how things have unfolded for him and the opportunity he created for himself. An unbelievable kid and player.
    Such a shame that he is doomed to be a Bengal. He should pull an Elway/Eli and demand to be traded to the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

On the bright side, if our defense can remain legit, it's going to give them all some problems.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Too bad he will be a Bengal. I think it's hilarious listening to people claiming he is the new Tom Brady. He'll likely be a good NFL QB, but nothing is guaranteed at this level.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Too bad he will be a Bengal. I think it's hilarious listening to people claiming he is the new Tom Brady. He'll likely be a good NFL QB, but nothing is guaranteed at this level.

You are correct sir!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Maybe the Bengals pass on him...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You are correct sir!
    He could pull a John Elway and say, don't draft me and force a trade. I never saw college QB play at his level. Very impressive.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

What do you all think of Justin Herbert?

He may have ability but any guy with a first round grade (sans a major miscalculation like Jarvis Jones) is going to have ability. What scares me about him going within the division is his attitude. While Ryan Day and the Buckeyes were lobbying for the no. 1 seed, Burrow talked about how he didn't care and that they'd play anybody. Also reading he has great leadership and his presence helped elevate his teammates which is reflective of how he helped elevate LSU from property of the Alabama Crimson Tide that they had been for the vast majority of the decade to no. 1 in the country playing for a national title and 5 point favorite against the best team in the country the last 5 years

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Our division just got tougher. Burrow is the real deal.

The Bengals have probably the easiest 1st overall selection since the Colts selecting Luck in 2012.

He definitely outshined Lawrence tonight. He's gonna be a good pro unless the Bengals ruin him.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

He definitely outshined Lawrence tonight. He's gonna be a good pro unless the Bengals ruin him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m always leery of one one good season. Burrow definitely had a season fir the ages, capped off by a championship.

I’m also a little leery about one good game. Two seasons ago, after an outstanding championship game, Jake Fromm was the “next big thing”; now, he’s a R2 question mark.

I’d still take Trevor Lawrence over the field. Burrow is 24; Lawrence is 20. Give Lawrence 4 years to polish up some of his shortcomings... and he’ll be way ahead of Burrow (or anyone else).

SUMMATION:
    As I’ve stated for months, Burrow’s ceiling is Matt Ryan... which isn’t bad at all. But, I see Lawrence’s ceiling as Peyton/Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m always leery of one one good season. Burrow definitely had a season fir the ages, capped off by a championship.

I’m also a little leery about one good game. Two seasons ago, after an outstanding championship game, Jake Fromm was the “next big thing”; now, he’s a R2 question mark.

I’d still take Trevor Lawrence over the field. Burrow is 24; Lawrence is 20. Give Lawrence 4 years to polish up some of his shortcomings... and he’ll be way ahead of Burrow (or anyone else).

SUMMATION:
    As I’ve stated for months, Burrow’s ceiling is Matt Ryan... which isn’t bad at all. But, I see Lawrence’s ceiling as Peyton/Marino.
    It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds at the next level. Burrow had 15 great games in a row, not just one. He's a coach's kid and was also all-state in basketball. I think some of the mitigates the flash in the pan scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

For the sake of the Steelers in the AFC North, I hope you're right!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    What do you all think of Justin Herbert?
    Only watched him twice this season, but wasn't impressed with either showing

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Only watched him twice this season, but wasn't impressed with either showing
    What didn't you like? Never really watched him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite the love for his former community in Ohio, Burrow apparently knows how the Bengals do business and is giving indications that (like another Ohio native LeBron James) he may prefer to take his talents to South Beach

Then came the Super Bowl week shot across the bow from former Bengals No. 1 overall pick Carson Palmer, who went on the record to say the Bengals aren’t trying to win a Super Bowl....

Palmer’s assessment became more ominous when it quickly came out that Palmer’s brother, Jordan, will be helping get Burrow ready for the draft....

Next, Joe Burrow appeared on The Dan Patrick Show. And Burrow didn’t reiterate his “whoever wants to pay me money to play the game of football, I’ll play for ’em, it doesn’t matter to me” line. Instead, Burrow said this: “You want to go No. 1. But you also want to go to a great organization that is committed to winning. Committed to winning Super Bowls.”...

Earlier this week, former Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who is also part of Team Burrow, seemed to encourage the Bengals to take what they can get from the Dolphins, who hold pick No. 5 — and whose owner wants Burrow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ont-draft-him/

Browns owner Mike Brown is like Pirates owner Bob Nutting - he heads up a dysfunctional organization that is committed to turning a profit, not winning championships.

No wonder Burrow may want to avoid going there.