Thread: Robert Kraft could be charged with third-degree felony in day spa prostitution case.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Robert Kraft could be charged with third-degree felony in day spa prostitution case.

Prosecutors in day spa prostituion sting turn up the heat on Patrios owner Robert Kraft

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Florida prosecutors just raised the stakes in New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s fight against prostitution charges.

It’s been nearly a year since the 78-year-old part-time Palm Beach resident paid for sex acts at a Jupiter massage parlor likened to a brothel.
    But now lawyers for the state are arguing for the first time that Kraft — charged with two misdemeanor counts of soliciting prostitution — actually committed a felony.The latest court filing from the attorney general’s office suggests Kraft could face a third-degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison, if the state wins its appeal of a lower court order favoring the billionaire.Elevating multiple misdemeanors to a felony would be an unusual move.“I literally have never seen that enhancement used in any county,” said veteran criminal defense attorney Jack Fleischman, who is not connected with the litigation. “It has to be rare.”So, for that matter, is the high-profile Kraft case.Observers across the country view it as a constitutional test that pits police powers to investigate crimes — specifically the authority to use secret cameras — against individual privacy rights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Robert Kraft could be charged with third-degree felony in day spa prostitution case.

This does not appear to have... a happy ending.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Re: Robert Kraft could be charged with third-degree felony in day spa prostitution case.

the fact that it is in the news again is a win for us all
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    This does not appear to have... a happy ending.

"You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Prosecutors in day spa prostituion sting turn up the heat on Patrios owner Robert Kraft

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Florida prosecutors just raised the stakes in New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s fight against prostitution charges.

It’s been nearly a year since the 78-year-old part-time Palm Beach resident paid for sex acts at a Jupiter massage parlor likened to a brothel.
    But now lawyers for the state are arguing for the first time that Kraft — charged with two misdemeanor counts of soliciting prostitution — actually committed a felony.The latest court filing from the attorney general’s office suggests Kraft could face a third-degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison, if the state wins its appeal of a lower court order favoring the billionaire.Elevating multiple misdemeanors to a felony would be an unusual move.“I literally have never seen that enhancement used in any county,” said veteran criminal defense attorney Jack Fleischman, who is not connected with the litigation. “It has to be rare.”So, for that matter, is the high-profile Kraft case.Observers across the country view it as a constitutional test that pits police powers to investigate crimes — specifically the authority to use secret cameras — against individual privacy rights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

Now let me think, would I rather see Kraft get screwed, or our individual right to privacy upheld? I think I'll stay on the side that limits the power of the police, and protects the rights of the individual.

Observers across the country view it as a constitutional test that pits police powers to investigate crimes — specifically the authority to use secret cameras — against individual privacy rights.Florida is challenging a judge’s order in May that tossed all evidence against Kraft, including sex videos that cops surreptitiously recorded during their prostitution sting.

The judge ruled police did not have a lawful “sneak-and-peek” warrant when surveillance cameras ran continuously for five days at Orchids of Asia Day Spa.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I read the article and I doubt anything is going to happen to the arrogant asshole. He is a pompous owner who flaunts his * rings and money at other people, such a douche bag move from a douchie owner of the biggest douche bag organization in football. The biggest shame in all of this is the victims will not get any justice what-so-ever.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just don’t do anything illegal and you won’t have to worry about your privacy being invaded...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Now let me think, would I rather see Kraft get screwed, or our individual right to privacy upheld? I think I'll stay on the side that limits the power of the police, and protects the rights of the individual.
    This is hardly a case to stand on personal privacy. You go into a business just assume your being recorded. Especially if it's a whore house

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Just don’t do anything illegal and you won’t have to worry about your privacy being invaded...lol.
    China agrees with you
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pablo Escobar often complained about his private conversations being recorded...

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Opposing teams often complained about having closed practices and sidelines recorded.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Robert Kraft could be charged with third-degree felony in day spa prostitution case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Opposing teams often complained about having closed practices and sidelines recorded.
    Lol...mic drop

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

/end thread
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

I do have to agree with tom444 on his point tho'. The cops didn't have a warrant, so all of their video evidence is poisoned and needs to be dismissed.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I do have to agree with tom444 on his point tho'. The cops didn't have a warrant, so all of their video evidence is poisoned and needs to be dismissed.
    100%

A lot of blind hatred and ignorance in this thread but you're both right. No warrant, no search, no secret surveillance. Scary to see how easily people are willing to sign away basic rights. I hope the people were getting legitimate massages sue the shit out of the PD.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I didn't know there was no warrant. Yeah that shit needs thrown out.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-evidence.html

The scary thing is that it was all legal and presumably admissible. Sneak and Peek warrants and the Patriot Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

The scary thing is that it was all legal and presumably admissible. Sneak and Peek warrants and the Patriot Act.
    I'm learning through impeachment way more that I wanted to know about the fisa court .

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Apparently not, which is why the prosecution is appealing the ruling that they didn't have a legal warrant. They were supposed to limit their monitoring and they didn't.

If the police believe that the employees there are being threatened, they are allowed to proceed without a warrant. If they were under the suspicion that human trafficking was occurring and that Kraft was somehow involved, then everything would be legal under law.

If the police believe that the employees there are being threatened, they are allowed to proceed without a warrant. If they were under the suspicion that human trafficking was occurring and that Kraft was somehow involved, then everything would be legal under law.
    Planting cameras and recording everything that's going on in a private business without a valid warrant?? I don't think so. Do you have a citation for that?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Planting cameras and recording everything that's going on in a private business without a valid warrant?? I don't think so. Do you have a citation for that?
    Article I saw said they had a warrant. But I know nothing about the case and honestly would accept the word of those of you following it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read it in an article about the case. This was a while ago so I’ll have to dig for it.

Kraft should know all about hidden cameras

Merry Christmas