Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Watt appreciation thread

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

TJ Watt appreciation thread

What say you, DPOY? I think he’s the favorite- especially if he can get to an easy-to-sack RGIII a couple times.

How great does it feel to have a young cornerstone on defense? I think this year is just the tip of the iceberg. I think JJ type dominance is possible.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: TJ Watt appreciation thread

It’s really only Watt, Gilmore and Chandler Jones in the running for it. If Jones breaks Strahans sack record, they’ll wind up giving it to him.

Overall, Watt has had the best season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s really only Watt, Gilmore and Chandler Jones in the running for it. If Jones breaks Strahans sack record, they’ll wind up giving it to him.

Overall, Watt has had the best season.
    I think most of the media push has been towards Watt.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think most of the media push has been towards Watt.

I think he deserves it. As for the media, I think having JJ as your brother makes a nice story. Like TJ just may turn out to be better than JJ

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

If Dupree wasnt hogging all the dong sacks, it would have helped pad TJ's stats more. Another reason to hate on Dupree.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    If Dupree wasnt hogging all the dong sacks, it would have helped pad TJ's stats more. Another reason to hate on Dupree.
    Looks like Bud could toss him a dong this Sunday...

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

What say you, DPOY? I think he’s the favorite- especially if he can get to an easy-to-sack RGIII a couple times.

How great does it feel to have a young cornerstone on defense? I think this year is just the tip of the iceberg. I think JJ type dominance is possible.
    MVP of the Steelers
    ALL PRO
    Defensive MVP of the NFL

Could be our best outside linebacker....ever. Could.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Watt has been "all that and a bag of chips" this year. We drafted a super star that most passed on at the end of the 1st round that year. What I love as that even when he doesn't beat his guy clean, he still makes every effort to put pressure on the QB somehow. Hand up in the passing lane, diving at the ankle through a block to disrupt. He's a menace for opposing QB's and he forces QB's into the waiting arms of other defenders all the time.
    Best part of this guys game right now is that he knows how important turnovers are for this team right now and he hammers at the ball with the best of them.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

To appreciate how fortunate the Steelers are to have gotten TJ in that '17 draft, just look at this list of first rounders and where they stand today. The Steelers struck gold. I still can't believe both the Cowboys and Packers passed on TJ right before the Steelers picked.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rstround-picks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    To appreciate how fortunate the Steelers are to have gotten TJ in that '17 draft, just look at this list of first rounders and where they stand today. The Steelers struck gold. I still can't believe both the Cowboys and Packers passed on TJ right before the Steelers picked.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rstround-picks
    To clarify on the Packers, I think the Packers traded the pick right before us to Cleveland. Cleveland jumped up to take David Njoku thinking the Steelers wanted him........at least I think I am remembering what transpired correctly.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Between him and Minkah we have two of the best defensive players in the NFL. And the scary part is that they are both so young; this is the worst they’ll ever be.

And yeah, TJ might turn out to be our best 3-4 outside linebacker ever!
    (I say 3-4 OLB because I think he plays a different position than Jack H.)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pffft... TJ didn’t earn his starting spot.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

......James Harrison approves this message.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    TJ would make a great TE, Shoes.

TJ would make a great TE, Shoes.
    I'm sure he would.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

TJ has turned into an absolute stud and the Steelers need to lock him up as soon as possible. The only other thing he needs to slightly improve on is sealing the edge against the run. Other than that, he's fantastic.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

At the very least he should be all-pro and the team MVP

I think Watt wins. Gilmore had a bad game and Jones didn’t record a sack.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watt had a bad game too. Three penalties. But I thought he should win before this week...lol

Watt had a bad game too. Three penalties. But I thought he should win before this week...lol
    He also had a half sack and a forced fumble.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He also had a half sack and a forced fumble.
    half a dong, but makes up for the stupid penalties

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Melvin Ingram = Bud Dupree for the next three seasons

Really. Their career paths are eerily similar.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Watt is DPOY, he deserves it. I was thinking Minkah for much of the season and he deserves consideration but I don't like how his splash plays have trailed off as of late. Jones may have better stats but that Cardinals defense surrendered 442 points and finished 5-10-1 while scoring 361 points. Gilmore deserves the award? For what, shutting down awful offenses? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    TJ has turned into an absolute stud and the Steelers need to lock him up as soon as possible. The only other thing he needs to slightly improve on is sealing the edge against the run. Other than that, he's fantastic.
    When is that? I don't remember when rookie contracts can be renegotiated/extended.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

How incredible is JJ Watt??? He's not as dominant as he used to be, and he gets injured more often.....but he still beats everyone else in defeating 2 blockers or more by a mile! Wow!

Genetics......we need to be cloning that dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    When is that? I don't remember when rookie contracts can be renegotiated/extended.
    Why couldn’t they be?

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    How incredible is JJ Watt??? He's not as dominant as he used to be, and he gets injured more often.....but he still beats everyone else in defeating 2 blockers or more by a mile! Wow!

Genetics......we need to be cloning that dude!
    Also goes to show you how often they do block him with 2 blockers considering the time he’s missed versus players who have missed no time.