Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Steelers Voted To 2020 NFL Pro Bowl

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Five Steelers Voted To 2020 NFL Pro Bowl

The 2020 Pro Bowl selections were announced Tuesday night and this year’s AFC roster includes five players from the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/12/fi...-nfl-pro-bowl/

12 players from the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Five Steelers Voted To 2020 NFL Pro Bowl

I would have selected 4: Cam, TJ, Minkah, and Devin Bush. Bush has been making plays ALL YEAR and had game changing turnovers in 2 wins this year (Chargers and Bengals). No one on the steelers o-line gets my vote for pro bowl.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The 2020 Pro Bowl selections were announced Tuesday night and this year’s AFC roster includes five players from the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/12/fi...-nfl-pro-bowl/

12 players from the Ravens

Pouncey is there completely on reputation. He has no business being a Pro Bowl player this year. He hasn't even been able to snap the ball reliably.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Pouncey is there completely on reputation. He has no business being a Pro Bowl player this year. He hasn't even been able to snap the ball reliably.
    DeCastro Rep too! Tragedy is no Boz! Of course Tucker as K ahead of Boz.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post

It's hard to argue with Tucker. He may be the best ever.

But you're right. Boz is statistically having a better year than Tucker.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It's hard to argue with Tucker. He may be the best ever.

But you're right. Boz is statistically having a better year than Tucker.
    YEP Tucker is The Goat! They should have 2 kickers going each from both conference. I agree with the D picks but Dupree and Bush are honorable mentions.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The only way Boz will get ahead of Tucker in the future is if he kicks multiple game winning field goals like he did in 2017 (preferably in primetime as well). As long as Tucker remains healthy he will always make it next to impossible for every other AFC kicker to make it in

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I would have selected 4: Cam, TJ, Minkah, and Devin Bush. Bush has been making plays ALL YEAR and had game changing turnovers in 2 wins this year (Chargers and Bengals). No one on the steelers o-line gets my vote for pro bowl.
    Bush has 23 tackles in the last 5 weeks. 4.8 tackles per week isn't really pro bowl pace IMO. Maybe he hit the rookie wall, but I start looking for him on the back of milk cartons lately.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Haden and Dupree got snubbed. Both have better stats then their Raven counterparts that made it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Bush has 23 tackles in the last 5 weeks. 4.8 tackles per week isn't really pro bowl pace IMO. Maybe he hit the rookie wall, but I start looking for him on the back of milk cartons lately.
    It’s because Tomlin hasn’t played him as often on purpose to avoid the rookie wall and injury from what I’ve read.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The only way Boz will get ahead of Tucker in the future is if he kicks multiple game winning field goals like he did in 2017 (preferably in primetime as well). As long as Tucker remains healthy he will always make it next to impossible for every other AFC kicker to make it in
    Didn’t Tucker miss an extra point? I think that should put Boz ahead of him. Lol

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Pounce and Decastro were dong selections

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s because Tomlin hasn’t played him as often on purpose to avoid the rookie wall and injury from what I’ve read.
    OK, I still don't see Devin Bush deserving of a Pro Bowl spot.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Zach Banner should get a spot for his victory formation plays. Always attentive and ready!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Von Miller isn't deserving this year either, yet he was named a starter.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Either Haden or Dupree should be in instead of Pouncey. Dupree being left off might help with contract negotiations.

- - - Updated - - -

Bush is all-rookie but not pro bowl. I think next year is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Von Miller isn't deserving this year either, yet he was named a starter.
    OK, thanks for the heads up.

I guess the learning point is that if fans want to get their Rookie ILB voted to the pro bowl with average play and production that they need to organize some kind of campaign early. Otherwise, veteran players with a history of production may get voted in instead of them.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

OK, thanks for the heads up.

I guess the learning point is that if fans want to get their Rookie ILB voted to the pro bowl with average play and production that they need to organize some kind of campaign early. Otherwise, veteran players with a history of production may get voted in instead of them.
    Funny, I always thought the Pro Bowl was meant to reward stellar play in a particular season, not as a lifetime achievement award.

Not saying Bush was deserving of a spot, but neither was Miller. And the fact that the Pro Bowl generally is treated more like a lifetime achievement award (not to mention the inclusion of fan voting in the process) is why so many consider it to be a joke.

However, Bush probably still has an outside chance of being named as an 8th alternate when everyone else and their brother tap out of the actual game, which is also kinda indicative of how much stock the players themselves put in it.

Funny, I always thought the Pro Bowl was meant to reward stellar play in a particular season, not as a lifetime achievement award.

Not saying Bush was deserving of a spot, but neither was Miller. And the fact that the Pro Bowl generally is treated more like a lifetime achievement award (not to mention the inclusion of fan voting in the process) is why so many consider it to be a joke.

However, Bush probably still has an outside chance of being named as an 8th alternate when everyone else and their brother tap out of the actual game, which is also kinda indicative of how much stock the players themselves put in it.
    Pro Bowl became a popularity contest the last ten years or more.

Pro Bowl became a popularity contest the last ten years or more.
    Yep. Which is why the number of Pro Bowls a player is named to should no longer carry as much weight as it traditionally has in the past when it comes to the HoF voting process.

Yep. Which is why the number of Pro Bowls a player is named to should no longer carry as much weight as it traditionally has in the past when it comes to the HoF voting process.
    Yes I can agree with that and pretty much a meaningless title anymore.

Never thought he should have a Pro Bowl Spot. Dupree and Haden on the other hand...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I confess that I have NEVER watched a Pro Bowl game in my life. I'd rather watch the XFL or USFL or Arena League than the Pro Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I confess that I have NEVER watched a Pro Bowl game in my life. I'd rather watch the XFL or USFL or Arena League than the Pro Bowl.
    I've only watched it when i got free tickets to the game. And usually I was watching the cheerleaders more than the actual game lol. A few years back there was this one from ATL that was a perfect 10

I enjoyed watching them as a kid (late '70s/early '80s). But the NFL was different (better) then and I couldn't get enough of it, plus guys like Walter Payton actually took it seriously and considered it an honor to be there. It was also just a bit before the players began making ridiculous money and still wanted the paycheck that came with it (and the free trip to Hawaii was still considered a nice perk).

I enjoyed watching them as a kid (late '70s/early '80s). But the NFL was different (better) then and I couldn't get enough of it, plus guys like Walter Payton actually took it seriously and considered it an honor to be there. It was also just a bit before the players began making ridiculous money and still wanted the paycheck that came with it (and the free trip to Hawaii was still considered a nice perk).
    Yea cool back in the day and enjoyed watching a lot of them with my dad. Goddell ruined them changing them and they are awful now.

I watch it every year. Over the years, as others have said, the quality has become garbage. Back in the 80s/90s it was just simplified football. Red team was AFC and Blue team was NFC. Since Goofdell entered the picture, it’s has become a farce with the shitty uniforms and half assed play. It’s almost not even fun to watch anymore.

MLB is the best All-Star game to watch anymore...

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

It used to be a good game. ( In the 1980's. ) I kid you not as players weren't all millionaires back then, and the game and trip meant something. The selection process was much better too.

These days the 53rd man on the team makes more than some stars of the games did in the early 1980's. Players opt out.

- - - Updated - - -

He had a great start but cooled off and saw his snap counts go down. Bush was burned quote a few times in coverage ( He's just too short to cover the better TE's ) and has his share of missed tackles. He's best in space where he can see where he ball is going. I'm still not sure if he was worth the trade up. Time will tell.

Pouncey did not deserve the pro bowl invitation this season. Haden is 50.50, and might end up playing if he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I watch it every year. Over the years, as others have said, the quality has become garbage. Back in the 80s/90s it was just simplified football. Red team was AFC and Blue team was NFC. Since Goofdell entered the picture, it’s has become a farce with the shitty uniforms and half assed play. It’s almost not even fun to watch anymore.

MLB is the best All-Star game to watch anymore...
    Yeah I love the MLB All-Star game.

Joe Haden is in as the 6th Steelers player.