Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colberts Last Year With The Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Colberts Last Year With The Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Steelers split the front office into two sides - finding players and contracts.

Colbert picks the players and Khan figures out how to pay them.

Their #2's are Brandon Hunt and Samir Sulieman.

https://www.steelers.com/team/front-office-roster/
    Panthers owner and former Steelers minority owner David Tepper poaches another one from the Steelers front office by hiring Samir Sulieman

Samir Suleiman, who spent the past eight years in the Steelers front office as football administration coordinator is joining the Carolina Panthers.

Carolina owner David Tepper, a former minority owner with the Steelers, hired Suleiman to oversee the salary cap, one of many tasks Suleiman also performed for the Steelers.

In addition to managing the salary cap, Suleiman also helped with player contract negotiations, team logistics and scouting....

He is the second high-ranking person in the Steelers front office to be lured away by Tepper in the past 13 months. Mark Hart, who was vice president of planning and development with the Steelers, left in December 2018 to become vice president of development with the Panthers.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202001200060

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Panthers owner and former Steelers minority owner David Tepper poaches another one from the Steelers front office by hiring Samir Sulieman

Samir Suleiman, who spent the past eight years in the Steelers front office as football administration coordinator is joining the Carolina Panthers.

Carolina owner David Tepper, a former minority owner with the Steelers, hired Suleiman to oversee the salary cap, one of many tasks Suleiman also performed for the Steelers.

In addition to managing the salary cap, Suleiman also helped with player contract negotiations, team logistics and scouting....

He is the second high-ranking person in the Steelers front office to be lured away by Tepper in the past 13 months. Mark Hart, who was vice president of planning and development with the Steelers, left in December 2018 to become vice president of development with the Panthers.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202001200060

Bound to happen. I wonder if the Panthers start going the way the Steelers do with the lack of upfront money or if they do what basically every other NFL team does? Be interesting to see if the contract structure was a Khan-Sulieman thing or maybe coming down from ownership?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bound to happen. I wonder if the Panthers start going the way the Steelers do with the lack of upfront money or if they do what basically every other NFL team does? Be interesting to see if the contract structure was a Khan-Sulieman thing or maybe coming down from ownership?
    Tepper, wealthiest owner in the NFL now that Paul Allen has passed away, made his billions running a hedge fund so he presumably has some strong views on financing

He already broke the NFL norm with the length of the 7 year/$60 million contract to Matt Rhule that the Giants refused to match and which allegedly pissed off other owners by throwing that kind of money at a relatively young college coach with no NFL HC experience

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Clearly, the thing to do is for everyone on this message board to apply and see who gets the closest.

And then that person can tell everyone else to shut up because they're just ordinary fans who have no right to have an opinion about what a professional GM should do.

I mean, they could say that more than they do already.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Hell, you have a *right* to an opinion. You just have to remember that your opinion doesn't matter.
    Or equals fact. That's been my only gripe this entire time. It's the posts that where someone thinks (s)he has the absolute truth and anyone who disagrees, including the coaches and ownership, is stupid, that really gets my goat.

(Steelreserve's posts, on the other hand, are usually more along the lines of, "let me put down whatever I'm eating and swallow that last drink of whatever's in my cup before I read his post" types of posts. )

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hey Tepper, you want Randy Fichtner for something?