Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Get Busted Videotaping Opponents ... Again

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Patriots Get Busted Videotaping Opponents ... Again

Looks like the Cheatriots are back to their old tricks once again. Let's see Goodell try to sweep this one under the rug.

The NFL league office is reportedly investigating allegations that a New England Patriots employee was videotaping the Cincinnati Bengals' play calls during their game against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, according to ESPN's Dianna Russini ...
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...als-play-calls

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Patriots Get Busted Videotaping Opponents ... Again

Never happened the first time. That's only conjecture. There is no evidence....
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Looks like the Cheatriots are back to their old tricks once again. Let's see Goodell try to sweep this one under the rug.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...als-play-calls
    Taping the Bengals?

Dark Lord Hoodie must really think the 2019 Pats offense is bad

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Jay Glazer is laughing and now has more evidence for his parties

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

LOL

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Maybe they should have taped the Texans and Chiefs instead!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Oh but it was accidental.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Now I ask you, who are you going to believe?

Patriots say video crew filmed sideline during Bengals-Browns game

The New England Patriots acknowledged that their production crew inappropriately filmed the field and sideline during Sunday's game between the Bengals and Browns in Cleveland and accepted full responsibility in a statement released Monday night.

The crew was credentialed by the Browns to shoot video for a Patriots web series called "Do Your Job," but the Patriots did not inform the Bengals or the NFL, which they called "an unintended oversight."

"The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road," the Patriots statement read. "There was no intention of using footage for any other purpose."

The Patriots also said the production crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, is not part of New England's football operation.

The NFL has not yet issued a comment, but a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano that the league has a copy of the video and is investigating the incident.

News of the incident first broke when, at Bengals coach Zac Taylor's news conference Monday, longtime Bengals radio analyst Dave Lapham asked the coach about rumors that the Patriots had a videographer in the press box who was taping the sideline. Taylor said he was aware of the incident and that the league was investigating.

Sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini that a Bengals employee flagged media relations and Bengals security staff after observing a videographer shooting the sidelines.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick told WEEI earlier Monday that the team's football operations has nothing to do with the production side and that their scouts know the rules about what you can't film at games.

"They 100% know. All of our scouts, all of our video people and everything, they know what that is," Belichick said. "Again, I have nothing to do with the TV production shows and stuff like that. I have no idea what they do. Or what their projects are and everything else.

"As I understand it, they were videotaping him, trying to show kind of what an advance scout does, or something Iike that, I don't know. You'll have to wait to see the show I guess and see how it's presented."

In 2007, the Patriots were punished by the NFL for videotaping the New York Jets' defensive playcalls on the sideline during a 2007 game at Giants Stadium, won by New England 38-14. The Patriots were forced to forfeit their first-round draft pick in 2008, and coach Bill Belichick was fined the maximum amount of $500,000. The Patriots also were ordered to pay $250,000 for the scandal, which was dubbed "Spygate" by the media.

The Patriots (10-3) visit the Bengals (1-12) on Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ls-browns-game

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Now I ask you, who are you going to believe?
    Tempest in a teapot. Pats explanation seems legit. No one who wants to believe otherwise will be convinced. Welcome to America in 2019.

^^^agree

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They admitted to inappropriately filming the sideline...lol.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Yeah, a biopic of the lead scout... sounds like a great film. Can't wait for it's actual release.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Tempest in a teapot. Pats explanation seems legit. No one who wants to believe otherwise will be convinced. Welcome to America in 2019.
    Belichick and Kraft should announce they are ordering their own investigation of the league's investigation

LMAO

On the Patriots' end, they're insisting that the video from the game is harmless, and that it simply shows a behind-the-scenes look at what it's like to be an advance scout in the NFL, and that the footage was taken by a video crew of independent contractors who violated league policy because they simply weren't aware of NFL rules. However, people who have actually seen the video are painting a much different picture.

According to NFL.com, the footage shows coaches signaling on the Bengals sideline. According to The Athletic, the eight-minute video shows a "direct view" of the Bengals sideline and keeps its focus there the entire time, which seems to contradict what the Patriots said in their statement. Although New England admitted that the team's video crew "inappropriately filmed the field from the press box," the Patriots also added that "the sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/i...elete-footage/

"We're competitive and we'll try to be competitive in every area," Belichick said during a conference call with Cincinnati media Tuesday morning. "But we don't knowingly, intentionally want to do anything that's across the line."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ngals-sideline

That is why we always maintain plausible deniability on what we know

Patriots coach Bill Belichick told WEEI earlier Monday that the team's football operations has nothing to do with the production side and that their scouts know the rules about what you can't film at games.
    "They 100% know. All of our scouts, all of our video people and everything, they know what that is," Belichick said. "Again, I have nothing to do with the TV production shows and stuff like that. I have no idea what they do. Or what their projects are and everything else.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ls-browns-game

Since it’s Christmas season, can this be called “Spy Hard”?

Yippee Ki Yay!!

Or since it’s the “sequel” Spy Harder!

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

again and again , just look at my sig had it for years now . they are who we think they are . still say the Kansas City none unloading of the team gear off the plan is not random luck , any other city you could say yup someone f@$k up at the air port . but in NE I just don't buy it as random ..
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Warren Sharpe was a guest on the Pat McAfee show today. He gave a lot of information about what happened in regard to this particular incident, and provided some details about what happened and the similarities to the Spygate scandal.

Here is a link. The interview with Sharp starts at 1:21:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8bDCNYe-0o

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Pat McAfee nails it. This would be a nothingburger, except 1: It's the exact same scenario as last time and 2: It's too implausible that their "biopic" consisted of nothing but signal calls and play execution.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Pat McAfee nails it. This would be a nothingburger, except 1: It's the exact same scenario as last time and 2: It's too implausible that their "biopic" consisted of nothing but signal calls and play execution.

you like that one try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoVkynx0O3A
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Looks to me like the price of the original sin wasn't enough to deter this type of thing from happening again. They used the same excuses this time as they did last time. They crossed the line and now they have to deal with the NFL. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I am not expecting much, but if they don't do something harsh it will be a clear signal from the NFL that at least one team does not have to comply with the rules that the other 31 teams play by.

Tell them Kraft films sent ya - just like they were instructed to do last time this happened.

you like that one try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoVkynx0O3A

You never know what those rogue operatives will do.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I believe the Taperiots. Other things that I believe:

-OJ is looking for the “real” killers
    -Epstein killed himself
    -Hitler had good intentions

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I believe the Taperiots. Other things that I believe:

-OJ is looking for the “real” killers
    -Epstein killed himself
    - Myles Smollett heard a racist statement from Mason Rudolph
    -AB is sorry
    Fixed

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Other things that I believe:

Hey now - Adolf was only trying to save the world from Stalin! - PATS16N0