Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patriots Get Busted Videotaping Opponents ... Again

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Patriots Get Busted Videotaping Opponents ... Again

I don't want to take away their chance to win football games or make the playoffs and I don't want to punish any individual unless it can be proven that they were involved with the exception of one guy: Robert Kraft. He needs to be hit in the wallet hard to incentivize him to end the cheating once and for all. 2 years loss of all revenue. That works out to about 1.2 billion dollars.
    He'll either have to keep the team afloat out of his own pocket or sell it off at a loss and step down as GM. Next "incident" is 3 years.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I got caught once videotaping the Jaguars preseason practice many years back. Security guard came over and told me I wasn't allowed lol. I got to meet Carnell Lake later though.!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I don't want to take away their chance to win football games or make the playoffs and I don't want to punish any individual unless it can be proven that they were involved with the exception of one guy: Robert Kraft. He needs to be hit in the wallet hard to incentivize him to end the cheating once and for all. 2 years loss of all revenue. That works out to about 1.2 billion dollars.
    He'll either have to keep the team afloat out of his own pocket or sell it off at a loss and step down as GM. Next "incident" is 3 years.
    WHAT?!?!?! How do you figure he's the only person who should be held responsible??? Belicheat and shady brady have benefited immensely from these tapings or it would have stopped back when they got caught the 1st time. There is a reason they are constantly in the running for the AFS Championship and this is a LARGE part of it. If the NFL does not come down hard on them then I hope every NFL team turns around and does this same thing to the cheats when they play them. I give a rats ass if they can field a competitive team or not they have never had to play on a level playing field in the past so who cares if they have to play against a level field now.

They cheated and got caught now lets see what the NFL wants to do about it. I aint holding my breath that the NFL is going to do the right thing.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I got caught once videotaping the Jaguars preseason practice many years back. Security guard came over and told me I wasn't allowed lol. I got to meet Carnell Lake later though.!
    I took a tour of Heinz Field once during the offseason and they were strict about no video cameras/taping equipment being allowed in even then.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    WHAT?!?!?! How do you figure he's the only person who should be held responsible??? Belicheat and shady brady have benefited immensely from these tapings
    Yeah they did, as did every player on that team and every employee in the organization. Hell, every player in the league with a Pats SB ring benefitted from the cheating. Nevertheless, they were not in a position to stop the cheating and it cannot be proven that it was their doing. Or... Maybe they were, and if it can be proven they should be punished harshly for it. I'm talking lifetime ban/ stripped of all records/ never get into Canton harsh. But it must be *proven*.
    Either way, Kraft gets the hammer because he's the man in charge, and thus responsible for everything happening on his watch. He's definitely the man in a position to stop the cheating.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I took a tour of Heinz Field once during the offseason and they were strict about no video cameras/taping equipment being allowed in even then.
    I didn't see no signs saying not too. Was back in 2000 and got about 5 mins film before was told not allowed. Film was mostly of hand offs to Fred Taylor. My dad was there and told me I should have told the guard coach Cowher says it's okay lol.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Yeah they did, as did every player on that team and every employee in the organization. Hell, every player in the league with a Pats SB ring benefitted from the cheating. Nevertheless, they were not in a position to stop the cheating and it cannot be proven that it was their doing. Or... Maybe they were, and if it can be proven they should be punished harshly for it. I'm talking lifetime ban/ stripped of all records/ never get into Canton harsh. But it must be *proven*.
    Either way, Kraft gets the hammer because he's the man in charge, and thus responsible for everything happening on his watch. He's definitely the man in a position to stop the cheating.
    When it was Shawn Peyton it was a 1 year ban and that was over unfounded evidence of Bountygate.

This is the 2nd offense of this type for them, and belicheat has yet to get any suspension what-so-ever. He should get at the very least 1 year in the cooler and that is being generous. Second offense should be even longer and as for Kraft yes he too should have some time away from the NFL as well, but I aint holding my breath. I am fully expecting the NFL to brush this under the carpet as they have done so many times with this organization. We shall see how it all plays out.

I am fully expecting the NFL to brush this under the carpet as they have done so many times with this organization.
    Normally I would too... Except the video got leaked.

When it was Shawn Peyton it was a 1 year ban and that was over unfounded evidence of Bountygate.
    Yes, and that was deserved since he was the one in charge of the players, just as Kraft is in charge of the whole organization.
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 12-16-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

They're repeat offenders, they should be made an example of. Of course thats not going to happen just like the first time. Godell doesn't want the black eye on the NFL.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So they suspended the videographer? I thought the team that was running the video equipment was from an “outside company”?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So they suspended the videographer? I thought the team that was running the video equipment was from an “outside company”?
    As I understand it, the videographer was from an outside company. They suspended the producer; the guy telling the videographer what to film. Everyone's going into CYA mode...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

As I understand it, the videographer was from an outside company. They suspended the producer; the guy telling the videographer what to film. Everyone's going into CYA mode...
    The story I read said the videographer was suspended...lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...ne-per-report/

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

The outside company is owned by Kraft:

Kraft Sports + Entertainment, a company run by Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his family
    So did the Patriots suspend the videographer or producer or did Kraft? I would assume Kraft.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

check out this guy at the 2:30 mark and here what he knows about the videographer and his history with NE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1rLgFL4o7s
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Lol.

The story I read said the videographer was suspended...lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...ne-per-report/
    Mondello (the guy they're talking about) is a senior producer, not a videographer. According to the smoke they tried to blow up our butts, the videographer (guy running the camera) was an outside contractor.
    It's all a red herring, tho', since Mondello was the guy on the scene telling them what to film.
    Now it looks like Mondello getting suspended is a CYA move by Kraft. He wants to make Mondello the sacraficial goat to shield himself, and will no doubt take good care of him to make sure he stays happy and quiet.

Problem is nobody inside or outside the media is buying this. Dude's been with the Patriots for 18 years and "didn't know" that what he was doing was illegal?? That "what they were doing might be misconstrued"?? He was there for Spygate. He knew damn well he's not allowed to do this. He did it because he was told to.

Goodell will have to act on this or *his* job may be threatened. He shielded Kraft last time because he owed him a favor, but I'm pretty sure this time the gloves are off. He's got to be seriously pissed about this.

A little different perspective by Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson. The most interesting thing Johnson says is that all this is on the tapes the teams swap with each other anyway.

yea Jimmy been in the sun too long . teams do not get tape of SIDE LINES ... and TB just high
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    yea Jimmy been in the sun too long . teams do not get tape of SIDE LINES ... and TB just high
    They apparently do get tapes showing the substitution packages, and that's what the scout is there to record. I suspect Jimmy knows a tad more than you.

Any asshole can just scream "cheating", but getting a handle on exactly what's going on takes a little thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    They apparently do get tapes showing the substitution packages, and that's what the scout is there to record. I suspect Jimmy knows a tad more than you.

Any asshole can just scream "cheating", but getting a handle on exactly what's going on takes a little thinking.
    well this ASSHOLE calls it cheating " . "

tom444, I'd refer you to the gameday thread, page 4.
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...Steelers/page4

That phantom facemask penalty we're all bitching about in that thread was in our favor, yet we all called it out as BS anyway. See... that's how Steelers fans are different from you. We don't tolerate unfair crap, not even when it helps us.
    You don't get that because you're not like us. You're perfectly fine with cheating so long as it benefits your favorite team. *We* don't tolerate it, period.

Whatever rebuttal you were planning to type, save it. I've had you on ignore for months. I only see what you type when someone else happens to quote you.

Normally I would too... Except the video got leaked.

Yes, and that was deserved since he was the one in charge of the players, just as Kraft is in charge of the whole organization.
    The other thing is that bountygate was never proven, several players challenged their suspensions by the NFL and won.

LOL the whole he is in a position of reverence so we all need to heed what Jimmy says. NFL refs are professionals too but they get a lot of calls wrong, of course they don't do it very often against your team so you probably can't relate.

The same fox team that stated they don't defend what Myles Garret did BUT...he's not a bad guy blah blah blah. They are simply toe'ing the company line.

tom444, I'd refer you to the gameday thread, page 4.
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...Steelers/page4

That phantom facemask penalty we're all bitching about in that thread was in our favor, yet we all called it out as BS anyway. See... that's how Steelers fans are different from you. We don't tolerate unfair crap, not even when it helps us.
    You don't get that because you're not like us. You're perfectly fine with cheating so long as it benefits your favorite team. *We* don't tolerate it, period.

Whatever rebuttal you were planning to type, save it. I've had you on ignore for months. I only see what you type when someone else happens to quote you.
    Nonsense, BS, crapolla. I haven't taken a position on this. I'm just not jumping to a conclusion yet. That's the fair position. Your position belongs on the funny pages along with the rest of your drivel.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

I'll wait until we know a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL the whole he is in a position of reverence so we all need to heed what Jimmy says. NFL refs are professionals too but they get a lot of calls wrong, of course they don't do it very often against your team so you probably can't relate.

The same fox team that stated they don't defend what Myles Garret did BUT...he's not a bad guy blah blah blah. They are simply toe'ing the company line.
    Than post the tapes you have that are sent between teams so we can all benefit from your superior knowledge and not be fooled by Jimmy.

I took this picture at Gillette a few years ago, arrest me:

Nonsense, BS, crapolla. I haven't taken a position on this. I'm just not jumping to a conclusion yet. That's the fair position. Your position belongs on the funny pages along with the rest of your drivel.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

I'll wait until we know a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Than post the tapes you have that are sent between teams so we can all benefit from your superior knowledge and not be fooled by Jimmy.
    Don't need to post any of my "Tapes" that's your teams specialty and they got caught red handed once again. That's all the tape in need and it is now posted on the internet for everyone to see. They wouldn't do it if they didn't benefit from it.. The whole "I can't imagine belicheat being so stupid to attempt it again doesn't hold water. Stupid...no Arrogant...yes and he's challenging the NFL to do something about it. He got away with it the 1st time with a minor slap on the wrist so why not chance it again.

When you have to cheat to win it makes for a hollow victory.

Don't need to post any of my "Tapes" that's your teams specialty and they got caught red handed once again. That's all the tape in need and it is now posted on the internet for everyone to see. They wouldn't do it if they didn't benefit from it.. The whole "I can't imagine belicheat being so stupid to attempt it again doesn't hold water. Stupid...no Arrogant...yes and he's challenging the NFL to do something about it. He got away with it the 1st time with a minor slap on the wrist so why not chance it again.

When you have to cheat to win it makes for a hollow victory.

In other words, you don't know what kind of tapes Jimmy was talking about. In other words, you're ignorant of the finer points. In other words you're talking out of your _ _ _.

Wait until we know more, then if you're right you can pretend to be superior instead of just the know nothing football fanatic you are.

Teams swap that stuff...great. They don’t send “videographers/producers” in and say they are filming a scout and then film 8-minutes of a teams signal...until they get caught...could’ve been much longer had they not been caught red handed and then ADMIT to doing it, offer to delete it so it “goes away” and then suspend a “third party” “videographer/producer” for “illegally” taping a teams signals...lol.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The “experts” found OJ not guilty.

Yet, the perception amongst the “ignorant” public is that OJ is a murderer.

SUMMATION:
    If OJ was linked to a (another) double-homicide, a bunch of “a$$holes” would be jumping to conclusions.

And, rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The “experts” found OJ not guilty.

Yet, the perception amongst the “ignorant” public is that OJ is a murderer.

SUMMATION:
    If OJ was linked to a (another) double-homicide, a bunch of “a$$holes” would be jumping to conclusions.

And, rightfully so.
    Great idea, do away with the court system and just hang anyone with a record.