Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 15: Bills @ Steelers

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Week 15: Bills @ Steelers

I believe with a win the Steelers move into the 5 hole. I'm not seeing any way the the Steelers lose this game.

Steelers 23-19

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Week 15: Bills @ Steelers

Because it’s at home, I think they have a much, MUCH better chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I think its gonna be something like 12-9 or maybe 3-2. Both defenses are playing really well and both offenses seem predicated on run game, short passing and taking care of the football.

The Bills O line looked good yesterday and their Defense is for real. Lotlouleli, Jerry Hughes, Tremaine Edmunds, Kwon Alexander, TreDeveous White, Ed Oliver.....and they look a bit like those old Eagles Jim Johnson defenses, which makes sense. Should be a 15 round, ugly toe to toe slugfest. The kind that will result in minimal fantasy football numbers.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I am hoping for a win, think this will be a low scoring game, but I think our Def is better and that will be the deciding factor.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers 1&1/2 point favorites - no surprise the over/under is low at 37

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Playing with the playoff machine, if we beat the Bills, we are in. Otherwise there are too many options between the titans and Houston. Also, if we beat the Bills and they lose to the Pats (that is pretty iffy at this point) then we move up to the 5 seed. This is the biggest game of the year for us at this point!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Playing with the playoff machine, if we beat the Bills, we are in. Otherwise there are too many options between the titans and Houston. Also, if we beat the Bills and they lose to the Pats (that is pretty iffy at this point) then we move up to the 5 seed. This is the biggest game of the year for us at this point!
    If we beat the Bills, we're both 9-5 with us having the head to head. Why would we need them to lose to the Pats to have the #5?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I think its gonna be something like 12-9 or maybe 3-2. Both defenses are playing really well and both offenses seem predicated on run game, short passing and taking care of the football.

The Bills O line looked good yesterday and their Defense is for real. Lotlouleli, Jerry Hughes, Tremaine Edmunds, Kwon Alexander, TreDeveous White, Ed Oliver.....and they look a bit like those old Eagles Jim Johnson defenses, which makes sense. Should be a 15 round, ugly toe to toe slugfest. The kind that will result in minimal fantasy football numbers.
    Might be some precipitation (rain/snow) in this game.

Franco will have 93 yards rushing. The Juice will have 32 carries for 123 yards and his glove will fall out of his pocket on the way to a 1st down during the 3rd quarter.

Steelers 9-6 in OT.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If we beat the Bills, we're both 9-5 with us having the head to head. Why would we need them to lose to the Pats to have the #5?
    People are writing off week 17 as an automatic loss even though we were in position to beat the Ravens when we had played them. They don't really scare me honestly, I think our team has a chance to take them.

Anyway for this week, I think Duck Hodges proves he's the man and throws 3 TD's and zero turnovers. Steelers 24 - 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    People are writing off week 17 as an automatic loss even though we were in position to beat the Ravens when we had played them. They don't really scare me honestly, I think our team has a chance to take them.

Anyway for this week, I think Duck Hodges proves he's the man and throws 3 TD's and zero turnovers. Steelers 24 - 16
    I agree re the Ravens. Even with a loss, I think we finish 10-6 and the Bills do no better. Either 5 or 6, I just want to go to the dance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If they can contain Jackson’s feet, they have as much a chance as anybody. This week vs. the Bills will be a smaller test. Allen loves to get up and go...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If they can contain Jackson’s feet, they have as much a chance as anybody. This week vs. the Bills will be a smaller test. Allen loves to get up and go...
    Our defense has the team speed to contain him. It's honestly Ingram that worries me more than Jackson. If the Steelers defense has a weakness I think those power runners are it. However, they can match speed for speed.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Might be some precipitation (rain/snow) in this game.

Franco will have 93 yards rushing. The Juice will have 32 carries for 123 yards and his glove will fall out of his pocket on the way to a 1st down during the 3rd quarter.

Steelers 9-6 in OT.
    Nice call....I don't see the Juice rushing for much in the Bruno Maglia shoes in bad weather. Worried a bit if Joe Ferguson has a big game though.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    More likely Steelers will be trying to contain RGIII's feet for a big part of the game - from Bill Barnwell's playoffs outlook column this morning where he guesses Steelers will be the #6 seed

There's a decent chance that Baltimore will have clinched home-field advantage, which would likely mean limited snaps from MVP favorite Lamar Jackson. The last time John Harbaugh had a chance to sit his stars in Week 17 was in 2012, when he left the likes of Ray Lewis, Marshal Yanda and Anquan Boldin inactive and sat down Joe Flacco and Ed Reed by the end of the first quarter. That season ended with a Super Bowl victory, so I would expect Harbaugh to be similarly conservative if he has the chance in 2019, even if it pushes the Ravens' archrivals into the postseason.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...yoffs-involved

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

This. If we win I see us going 10-6 and being the #5 seed which probably means a visit to KC or Houston. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I hear Conner too, this would be perfect timing

I hear Conner too, this would be perfect timing
    Only as long as he is 100%, he came back to soon before and didn’t last the game.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I hope that both teams wear their Color Rush jerseys.

The Bills wore theirs just this past week; so, it’s unlikely for them. That said, if the Steelers wear their “all black”, the Bills could wear their “all white”... and Disney can sponsor the game as the Stormtrooper Bowl (in preparation for the release of The Rise of Skywalker on the 19th).

Of course, a Stormtrooper Bowl would mean a ton of missed shots. Then again, Obi Tom Linobi could convince Josh Allen to throw a few picks: “The players in white are not the receivers you’re looking for.

Only as long as he is 100%, he came back to soon before and didn’t last the game.
    Conner is never going to be 100%.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

This one worries me. The Bills (Josh Allen in particular) looked like a steaming pile of dog crap against Baltimore, and their playoffs could slip away if they don't right the ship quickly. Allen is just mobile enough to keep plays alive, and their defense is legit.

After winning the game in Arizona everyone thought would be a trap game, Pittsburgh has their letdown game this week. Allen bounces back from the beating he took by Baltimore, and Duck comes back to earth looking like a mere mortal QB against a very good defense.

20-16 Bills. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

Not really concerned with Allen's mobility, we've faced many this year. Our defense has seen Jackson, Wilson, Mayfield x2, and Murray. They might know a thing or two about containing mobile QB's

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Forgot about the family affair for this game.

The Edmunds Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    This one worries me.
    They all worry me when the actual game starts. Until then, I'm usually confident.

The color rush uni's should be their official ones, those are badass

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I still like the bumblebee jerseys .

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I still like the bumblebee jerseys .
    I love the bumblebees!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    YES!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The color rush uni's should be their official ones, those are badass
    I like traditions and all... but... I wouldn’t be against it.

(Because, they certainly do indeed look BADASS!!!)