Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 15: Bills @ Steelers

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Week 15: Bills @ Steelers

I'm surprised they never did a yellow jersey with black pants (like the 1979 Pirates).

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I'm surprised they never did a yellow jersey with black pants (like the 1979 Pirates).
    Like the top right one in this concept photo.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yep, either one looks cool (with white pants).

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I HATE the bumblebees uniform......just doesn't look professional and hard to take them serious....I just can't stop laughing at them.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I HATE the bumblebees uniform......just doesn't look professional and hard to take them serious....I just can't stop laughing at them.
    I love them for the fact they usually always win when wearing them!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I know they always win when they wear them, but I can't stand the bumblebees. I can't stand the sight of them.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Great news. With a legitimate WR1 and RB1 I wonder if this offense can actually be pretty good. Juju might have a decent game, with what DJ and Washington have been doing (and Cain proving he can make a few catches), teams would get burned if they kept double covering him.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

It would be nice to have the full compliment of weapons at full strength just once before the season is over.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    YES!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I like traditions and all... but... I wouldn’t be against it.

(Because, they certainly do indeed look BADASS!!!)
    They do look bad ass, but we also never lose when we wear them. I’m not sure if that continues if we alway wear them.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    They do look bad ass, but we also never lose when we wear them. I’m not sure if that continues if we alway wear them.
    5-0

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    5-0
    Exactly.

We were 4-2 in the Bumblebee uniforms.

So it’s official. The color rush uniforms are better in every way.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

So playing with the playoff calculator, if we beat Buffalo (and the Jets) we are in no matter what. This game is basically our season. If we lose we have to hope Ten sweeps Houston and Houston loses to Tampa or we have to beat the Ravens.

On another note, we can still win the div is we win out and Baltimore lose out . . . Just sayin

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Haven’t seen the bills play at all, so I don’t have a good pulse on a prediction

just glad the Steelers are at home, I’m obviously leaning toward a win against an opponent that seems somewhat evenly matched with us.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Great news. With a legitimate WR1 and RB1 I wonder if this offense can actually be pretty good. Juju might have a decent game, with what DJ and Washington have been doing (and Cain proving he can make a few catches), teams would get burned if they kept double covering him.
    When does that “legit” WR1 and RB1 arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Well I guess it's not meant to be with Juju this year. I'm expecting Conner to come up lame as well.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Josh allen is has a strong arm and athletic legs. He loves to air out moon balls and hope for the best. Call it 50/50 balls, to me it looks as if it hope for pass interference calls (alot like Joe Flacco used to do to us) . I have been watching a lot of Bills games on NFL Game Pass. If Josh Allen does not hit his home run throws (or defensive PI)in the first half and plays from behind he gets frustrated and mistakes start to happen. He seems stubborn, and prideful of his arm , so he will keep trying to launch it down field. He is not great at dinking and dunking short to intermediate passes to sustain a long drive down the field, which we should force him to try and acheive.

Summation: If Safeties and Corners have to mindful of the moonballs and avoid PI penalties. Front 7 keeps doing there thing and forcing Allen to throw quick intermediate yardage throws (which he struggles with accuracy) . And if the offensive just plays above average we should win the game.

Prediction: good guys win

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well I guess it's not meant to be with Juju this year. I'm expecting Conner to come up lame as well.
    Conner is ALWAYS LAME ! Useless in my book, never there when needed. Get rid of him. Just my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Conner is ALWAYS LAME ! Useless in my book, never there when needed. Get rid of him. Just my opinion.
    I disagree, he has the ability to put up monster games, he just shouldn't be getting 20+ carries a game. In a rotation he can be very effective. At least keep him for his rookie contract, the production vs cost is still high.

Anywho, I think their 2 keys on offense will be what they've been doing the past 3 weeks:

1) Protect the Duck - When not under pressure, he has a passer rating of 117. That's pretty damned good.
    2) Run the Ball - I don't care who they use, pound the rock and pass the ball 20 times. Buffalo's defense overall is good, but has one weakness, people can run on them. They give up 4.4 yards per carry on the ground. Keep the fresh legs in there with a combo of Conner / Snell / Whyte / Samuels and ram it down their throats

If they can continue to run effectively and protect Hodges, I feel this game will be very winnable.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Anywho, I think their 2 keys on offense will be what they've been doing the past 3 weeks:

1) Protect the Duck - When not under pressure, he has a passer rating of 117. That's pretty damned good.
    2) Run the Ball - I don't care who they use, pound the rock and pass the ball 20 times. Buffalo's defense overall is good, but has one weakness, people can run on them. They give up 4.4 yards per carry on the ground. Keep the fresh legs in there with a combo of Conner / Snell / Whyte / Samuels and ram it down their throats

If they can continue to run effectively and protect Hodges, I feel this game will be very winnable.
    This sounds like a good gameplan, I haven’t watched Buffalo at all this season, so I am not sure how good their Def is. I am not so worried about their offense against our def. if we can run efficiently on them, we should be fine with our current passing game as long as we protect the ball.

"Experts" keep saying the Steelers benefitted from an easy schedule, but haven't the Bills? According to this, Buffalo is 31st in sechedule strength to date (Steelers are at 14th). Their signature wins were the Titans (with Mariota at QB), and Dallas who pretty much feasted on the worst 3 teams in the NFL : http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/str...f-schedule.php. Not saying this will be an easy out, it wont. But I just feel the team is being overlooked by the media.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

"Experts" keep saying the Steelers benefitted from an easy schedule, but haven't the Bills? According to this, Buffalo is 31st in sechedule strength to date (Steelers are at 14th). Their signature wins were the Titans (with Mariota at QB), and Dallas who pretty much feasted on the worst 3 teams in the NFL : http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/str...f-schedule.php. Not saying this will be an easy out, it wont. But I just feel the team is being overlooked by the media.
    They are being overlooked by the media but that is a good thing and reminds me of 2005 team. As for Dallas, man their fans was thinking Superbowl and bragging everywhere after the first three weeks. Haven't heard much out of them since.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Don’t sleep on John Brown...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler