Thread: More Browns Drama With Beckham & Baker

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

More Browns Drama With Beckham & Baker

Browns moving on from Garrett's assault and the loss of the rematch with the Steelers to new controversies

Fox Sports Jay Glazer reported on the pre-game show today that Odell Beckham Jr. has told players and coaches he wants out of Cleveland.

“Here’s the thing: People are now surprised about what’s happening and what he’s saying in Cleveland, but players around the league and coaches, they’re not. Let me fill you in why: Because throughout this year, Odell Beckham has actually told other players and coaches before games, during, ‘hey come get me, come get me.”

Glazer added, “Remember, it was not Odell’s choice to go to the Cleveland Browns. He got traded there. Now, also, there’s reports he needs sports hernia surgery. I’ve got to say, I don’t see that relationship ending well for them after this year.”

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/201...r-reports.html

Baker then throws the medical staff under the bus for its treatment of Beckham

Mayfield blamed the medical staff for not seeing to it that Beckham have his groin or sports hernia surgery repaired in training camp.

“Yeah, I’d say that wasn’t handled right. He’s not able to run as well as he should be able to, as well as he knows, and that’s frustrating for him. You can sense that’s some of his frustration where that comes from. Wasn’t handled the right way in our training room. So it is what it is. His not 100 percent is still good enough for us."

He said, “I think it could’ve been addressed earlier on.’’

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/201...rs-injury.html

Absent a miraculous run to make the playoffs just more drama to support Kitchens being dumped after this season for a replacement who can bring some sort of control to that locker room

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: More Browns Drama With Beckham & Baker

Mayfield throwing that training staff right under the bus...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

This is so entertaining. Beckham wants out, just like Duke Johnson got out. Mayfield did just throw the training staff under the bus, but probably to deflect from his 11 for 24, 192 yards OTD and 2INT performance. Kitchens wearing bad T shirts, Demarious Randle doesn't like to practice in the cold, Myles Smollett suspension and the list goes on.

I said 2 years ago that Mayfield reminds me of a more athletic version of Bruce Gradkowski. He is showing he is more than that with 59% completion rate and 3000 yards passing, but still missing throws he shouldn't and the INT's are his nemesis. Maybe he is a poor man's Jameis Winston.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Maybe he is a poor man's Jameis Winston.
    Hold on, did Baker Manziel steal crab legs and give bizarre pregame pep talks that made Desean Jackson look puzzled?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't blame him, if I played for Cleveland I'd want out too

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I said 2 years ago that Mayfield reminds me of a more athletic version of Bruce Gradkowski. He is showing he is more than that with 59% completion rate and 3000 yards passing, but still missing throws he shouldn't and the INT's are his nemesis. Maybe he is a poor man's Jameis Winston.
    Perhaps, but Jameis is a generational talent when it comes to generating scoring opportunities for both teams

Winston has an NFL-high 23 interceptions, and his 26 touchdown passes are second in the NFL. With a total of 49 touchdowns plus interceptions, Winston easily leads the league. (Jimmy Garoppolo is second with 36.) On Sunday, Winston added to both totals with three touchdown passes and three interceptions in a 38-35 win over the Colts.

Winston will almost certainly finish the season with the most interceptions in the league (currently no one else is even within six interceptions of him), and he has a chance to lead the league in touchdown passes, too (he’s only two behind league leader Lamar Jackson).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...interceptions/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The Bucs are definitely fun to watch lol. Anything can happen. Winston is this generation's Jeff George

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Since Arians coaches them, that's no surprise. I don't think I've watched any of their games this season (maybe one TNF/SNF/MNF, can't remember), but Arians probably still does five wide on 3rd and short. And then Jameis throws the INT...

As for OBJ, I just hope he doesn't end up with the Cheats by provoking being cut...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The Bucs are definitely fun to watch lol. Anything can happen. Winston is this generation's Jeff George

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just "WOW". I couldn't have been more wrong about the Browns. I really thought they astounding collection of talent they had gathered would have to show up on the field. But it has all imploded! Now, even Landry wants out.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n.../jarvis-landry

"NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Jarvis Landry is one of "multiple" Browns players who yelled "Come get me" to the Cardinals' sideline on Sunday. "

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

At least we aint the Browns

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Steelers sign Winston in the off-season. What’s your reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    “Well this will be fun lol”

it’d be like having a Mason Rudolph that throws touchdowns. In all seriousness I think Winston could be a good QB, wouldn’t think anything bad if they signed him honestly.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

DeSean Watson's face says it all

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

If we keep our great players on D, Winston would be quite capable here. Yeah, he'd probably drive us fans nuts every other week with his picks, but as long as our D manages to force several three-and-outs or turnovers off of these interceptions, their impact isn't as bad as with the Bucs D.