Thread: Mike Tomlin "never having a losing season streak" continues

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Mike Tomlin "never having a losing season streak" continues

Im just gonna leave this right here

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin "never having a losing season streak" continues

This has probably been Tomlin's most impressive season.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Beyond a shadow of doubt this is the best season ever under Mike.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Agreed.

Only to goof coaching calls this year happened yesterday.

the fake punt and passing on 2nd 1:40 left on the clock while your opponent only has 1 time out left.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Agree...by far. At the beginning of the season, I don’t think anyone thought this guy would get the team to 8 wins, let alone a possible playoff spot...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

There is no doubt that Tomlin is coaching up a storm. I don't think we have a chance of going all the way, mind you, but there is no Bungles, Cowboys, or Browns like collapse. He is keeping his team in it, and honestly they seem to be actually improving as the year goes on. For years we've been treated to a spoiled fan base calling for his head. I don't want to be like the Pats fan base booing at my team because they are not "winning enough". I was here in the 80's tyvm, and I've seen what bad looks like. This isn't it. This is GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolv View Post
    There is no doubt that Tomlin is coaching up a storm. I don't think we have a chance of going all the way, mind you, but there is no Bungles, Cowboys, or Browns like collapse. He is keeping his team in it, and honestly they seem to be actually improving as the year goes on. For years we've been treated to a spoiled fan base calling for his head. I don't want to be like the Pats fan base booing at my team because they are not "winning enough". I was here in the 80's tyvm, and I've seen what bad looks like. This isn't it. This is GOOD.
    I am guilty for calling for his head. Once he won a challenge this year I was like

The he won a couple more.

His X and Os, challenge usage, time management as always been suspect.

But his leadership and creating a never say die culture has never been questioned.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I’ll give Tomlin his due for his leadership abilities, and his willingness to make the tough decision to replace Rudolph with Duck. But I think the bulk of the credit has to go to the front office (which I’m sure includes Tomlin’s input) for the incredible moves to build this defense:

Getting Nelson was HUGE.

The AB trade giving us another day 2 pick, allowing us to...

Move up 10 spots for Bush.

And of course, the trade of the century for Minkah.

We have the most talented defense in the NFL. I might even argue that we’ve leaned on that talent to compensate for some questionable coaching decisions.

But as a whole, Tomlin has gotten good results, so he deserves credit.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I’ll give Tomlin his due for his leadership abilities, and his willingness to make the tough decision to replace Rudolph with Duck. But I think the bulk of the credit has to go to the front office (which I’m sure includes Tomlin’s input) for the incredible moves to build this defense:

Getting Nelson was HUGE.

The AB trade giving us another day 2 pick, allowing us to...

Move up 10 spots for Bush.

And of course, the trade of the century for Minkah.

We have the most talented defense in the NFL. I might even argue that we’ve leaned on that talent to compensate for some questionable coaching decisions.

But as a whole, Tomlin has gotten good results, so he deserves credit.
    Re-reading this a couple of times, I can’t tell how much if any credit/blame/accolades......you give to Tomlin. He’s always going to be blamed for failures and praised for successes. Are you glad he’s our coach.....I am.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I have never been a big Tomlin fan. I've always thought he ran a undisciplined team and he and the team never seemed prepared for the opponents they faced. That said I have to tip my hat to him this year he's coaching his ass off.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

It’s tomlin’s post season record since 2011 that worries me, not the regular season record. Although with the injury to Ben and the loss of bell/brown I don’t expect the post season record to improve this year - hopefully it will improve in 2020/2021.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I have never been a big Tomlin fan. I've always thought he ran a undisciplined team and he and the team never seemed prepared for the opponents they faced. That said I have to tip my hat to him this year he's coaching his ass off.
    I’m in the same boat. Especially the past 5 years I thought he wasted some super bowl potential talent and let us lose to teams we shouldn’t but his thumb print is all over this season and he’s worked some real magic. He’s definitely earned his keep this year