Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stillerz @ Pittsburgh SW Gameballs & Goats

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Stillerz @ Pittsburgh SW Gameballs & Goats

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    He’s covering for Berry
    Yep. He wouldn't throw his player under the bus. No need for Berry to get 10k questions about it. Even though he probably still will.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    It’s still on the coaches. If a fake is called off then communication lines need to be clear even if you’re playing in Seattle with 70,000 people screaming

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That at least makes sense even though it still sucks!
    A win is a win.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It’s still on the coaches. If a fake is called off then communication lines need to be clear even if you’re playing in Seattle with 70,000 people screaming
    Yup, this is preaseason type of bullshit. This should never happen. Up by 10 in that situation you always punt. A success just gets you a first down at midfield. A failure is disastrous and puts the other team pretty much in FG range.

We were in a spot to pin them deep and let our defense possibly make a play on their side of the field.

I hate Tomlin going with his gut at the worst times.

I can’t just be results oriented. You mess up like that, you’re not coach of the year. It easily could have cost us the game. Against a really good team, it might have.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Why on god's green earth would you even think of calling a fake punt in your own territory in the 4th quarter leading by 10?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So Tomlin continues his run of no losing seasons.

I guess that’s something.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Was only able to see some highlights. Looks like the Steelers offensive line should get some love. The Duck had a ton of time.

Also looked like the Steelers should be thankful that the Cards defense cant tackle worth snot.

Quack Attack 2019.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ovQrKr16gWg793eS8

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Who yinz got? My gameball goes to Joe Haden and Steeler Nation.
    I was there and we were 5-1 over Cardinals fans. Totally awesome.

Gameball:

Offense

• D. Johnson. I've had high hopes for this kid since the preseason. There were little flashes here and there, but nothing that stood out—until today. Wow. Six catches on eight targets for six yards and a TD. One rush for 16 yards on that great run reversing the field. And, a punt return for an 85-yard TD.
    • Boswell. The season's on the line and he hits another fieldgoal like it's nothing. 3/3 today and two XPs as well.
    • Kerrith Whyte. Talk about giving a team a little lift. Five carries for forty-one yards and a 8.2 yard average. Moreover, his long was 13 yards, which means he was consistently gaining yards.

H/M

• Hodges. Sure, he had a fumble, but it was a strip sack and it wasn't because he was just standing around. He had several, and I mean several plays where he looked like a veteran QB when under pressure. On a few he simply threw the ball away. On others he pulled it down and ran. And then still, on others, he took the sack. And some of those throws were spot on as well. He had a couple bad throws, one of them the WR (Johnson, I think) made a leaping grab for a couple of yards and then turned it into a few more. Final stats for him: 16/19 for 152 yards, 1 TD and a 117.5 passer rating.
    • Running Back Committee: I don't blame Snell for the fumble. It was a great hit; helmet on the ball. Other than that, Snell had 2.6 yards per carry, but they were hard carries where he bulled his way forward. Samules rushed for a 2.3 yard average but they, too, were hard yards.

Defense

• Joe Haden. If you had to ask me what was the biggest FA or trade deal in the last five years for the Steelers defense, while I know Minkah is the popular choice right now, Haden can't be overlooked in that discussion.
    • Bud Dupree. Four tackles: one sack and three tackles for a loss. Unreal. A shame he wasted four years or so getting to this point, but I'm glad he's here now.
    • Watt had a tackle for a loss and an INT.

Goats

• Whoever introduced the idea of a fake at that moment in the game oughta be taken out behind the woodshed and given a sock party with a bonus of rubber hoses.
    • Bills for blowing the game against the Ravens and ending any hopes at all of us making it into the playoffs except as a wildcard team (it was minimal before, but realistically, the door's slammed shut now).

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Was pretty impressive and thank you for your service!

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Goats- coaches who decided on fake punt and pass under 2 minutes inside the 15 yard line to stop the clock.

Heroes= Bud Dupree, Dionte Johnson, Bozzzz

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Y'all were super loud today! Thanks!!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

DJ looked insane, beside punt return he had some nice reverses and runs, not to mention contested catches. Had great hands today. So did Washington. Duck put pretty much everything on the money. TD to Dj was perfect. Cant wait to get JUJU back. Offense actually looked legit today. Stressful game to watch but on the road what a great win. You never know what can happen, Titans play Saints and Texans twice. I think one more win gets a wildcard for Steelers. Id like to win next 2 though.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Duck Hodges.

Diontae Johnson responds to his worst game with unquestionably his best game.

The Defense doing their usual thing. Put in a bad spot due to the fake punt, but held firm.

Only goat is the fake punt.

The Steelers win 8 games and Mike Tomlin continues the streak of non-losing seasons. They lost the division today, but by beating the Bills next week, they will officially move into the 5th seed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Goat - Special Teams.

Game Balls - Joe Haden, TJ Watt, Diontae Johnson, Duck Hodges and his 117+ QB Rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s covering for Berry
    My first thought as well. He’s just taking the heat for the player...

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Yep. Oh well...we won. Its Bill's week!
    If we beat the Bills, then we're the #5 seed, correct?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    If we beat the Bills, then we're the #5 seed, correct?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Should be...they would have the same record and hold the head to head tiebreaker.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

#1 Overall Draft Pick Kyler Murray: 3 wins

Uninvited to combine/ UDFA/ cut before 1st game/tiny Samford graduate/Cocky Scout team QB Duck Hodges:3 wins (and 1 save in the Bungles game)

Doesn't he get credit for the win in Cincy since we were behind when Mason got pulled?

Tomlin also gets a game ball for avoiding another losing season!!

Addition to the Game balls:

HM: Trey Edmunds for his heads up play on that stupid fake punt crap. Everyone else was already gone. Trey, however, looked back over his shoulder like he felt something was wrong. Perhaps didn't hear the punt? Anyway. He put the brakes on and raced back 10 yards to dive on a live ball that otherwise, would have been picked up and taken in for a TD instead.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Doesn't he get credit for the win in Cincy since we were behind when Mason got pulled?
    He didn't start the Cincy game. QBs only get credit for a win when they start. Although I agree w/you, he won that Cincy game

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Addition to the Game balls:

HM: Trey Edmunds for his heads up play on that stupid fake punt crap. Everyone else was already gone. Trey, however, looked back over his shoulder like he felt something was wrong. Perhaps didn't hear the punt? Anyway. He put the brakes on and raced back 10 yards to dive on a live ball that otherwise, would have been picked up and taken in for a TD instead.
    I mean, they got the TD anyway, even though that was a heads-up play that delayed it for a little bit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Duck, Diontae, and Defense the killer D’s!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Triple D's. Duck, Diontae an D.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Goat - Special Teams.

Game Balls - Joe Haden, TJ Watt, Diontae Johnson, Duck Hodges and his 117+ QB Rating.
    Special teams accounts for 17 points and they are the goats? I get the questionable/stupid fake punt, but the rest was stellar.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Duck, Diontae, and Defense the killer D’s!
    Duck, Diontae, Defense, and Dongs!
    See you Space Cowboy ...