Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Whom to Root (Week 14)

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: For Whom to Root (Week 14)

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    If ETL ever replaces his avatar with another, I plan on organizing a pilgrimage to rectify it.
    You just wanted a reason to use that “airplane”.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    This is why I love this time of year. I love me some baseball, but this constant potential week-to-week possibilities of making the playoffs, where teams get seeded, who ends up where make these last four weeks of the regular season priceless.

I think the Ravens will eke out a W in Buffalo, and that the Pats drop a game to KC. That leaves the Steelers, Pats and Jets left on Buffalo’s plate. Meanwhile, the Pats finish with the Bengals, Bills and the Fins. Unfortunately, I think Buffalo has the hardest path to winning the AFCE. Unless the Pats really stumble badly, they should win at least two or three of their remaining four games. The Bills? They may be lucky to win one of four (Jets). Every other team is gunning for a spot in the post-season either as a division winner and #1 or #2 seed, or a WC spot. I see no let-up.

As far as Week 17 in Baltimore? I do not think playing the Steelers at home that the Ravens will rest starters. That’s a rivalry game and they will play to win. Bank on that.
    It’s funny how the Ravens have been our biggest rival over the years, and I used to hate playing them the most, but at least the rivalry has had a great level of respect between the two times. Over the past few years playing the Bengals has been awful since that team always seemed more intent on dirty play and causing injury than actually winning.
    “Winning” games against the Bengals always came with a cost that screwed us in the playoffs.

Now the Browns seem to have taken the Bengals place as the dirty team that wants to inflict injuries upon us.

Games against the Ravens, while occasionally brutal, were never, in mind, dirty.

So congrats on a successful hard fought season. Your team has earned its current place atop the division.

I look forward to playing another tough nosed, but respectful, football game against you. If we’re REALLY lucky maybe we’ll play you again in the playoffs, but that’s a long shot.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    words
    Absolutely I completely respect the Ravens.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I kinda like "Quit F'ing Talking"...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Go Ravens. I want Ravens to have every reason to rest Lamar Jackson in week 17
    I think in the case of ETL QFT stands for Quivering F'ing Titties

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    You just wanted a reason to use that “airplane”.
    QFT (and I don’t mean “quit fucking talking” or “quivering f’ing titties.”

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

All this play-off picture stuff is too ' ify' for me, but the brownies vs bungholes is easy for me. I HATE the bungholes and fans sooooo much that I ALWAYS root for them to lose. The 1st draft pick for them means nothing to me......what would it do for them ? ! They've had many, many 1st draft picks in the past and all it does is ruin the career of a college kid. IF the Black/Gold are supposed to win it.....they will. Go Steeler's

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I have nothing new to add. Just wanted to satisfy those clamoring for to see the avatar on page 2 of this post.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I have nothing new to add. Just wanted to satisfy those clamoring for to see the avatar on page 2 of this post.
    THANKS...... such a nice image to start the day !!!! ( Damn, I just noticed she is saying something !)

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    THANKS...... such a nice image to start the day !!!! ( Damn, I just noticed she is saying something !)
    I think she is saying “do you like that?”

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I feel like the Titans are the team that threatens our 6 seed the most. I feel like 9-7 is most likely outcome for the Steelers. If we are in a head to head tie with the Titans, most likely we lose that tie breaker. However, a 3 way tie with the Colts and Titans likely gives us the 6 seed. Since division ties are broker first having the Colts go 3-1 and the Titans 2-2, would have the Colts eliminate the Titans first, then the Steelers with the head to head over the Colts.
    I'm going for the Raiders over Titans today and the Colts over Tamps today.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I think she is saying “do you like that?”
    "It's so lifelike".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Broncos blowing out Texans!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Broncos blowing out Texans!

Classic letdown game after beating Pats with Titans next week but getting blown out at home as a 9 point favorite is what you get from a Bill O’Brien coaches team

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

O’Brien should’ve stayed at the college levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    O’Brien should’ve stayed at the college levels...
    As a Penn State fan I'm glad Houston has him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    As a Penn State fan I'm glad Houston has him.
    Same...in himdsight. But he was pretty good at PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bills lose 24-17 after cutting it to 7 and getting inside the Ravens 20 in the last 2 minutes

Bills 9-4 with @Steelers and @Pats coming up

Colts blow a 14 point second half lead and lose 38-35

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Well, the Ravens are gonna win. So that’s... good?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Well, the Ravens are gonna win. So that’s... good?

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Bills lose 24-17 after cutting it to 7 and getting inside the Ravens 20 in the last 2 minutes

Bills 9-4 with @Steelers and @Pats coming up
    And the Bills needed a PI penalty to even get that close. They are a frustrating offense to watch.

I know I was supposed to root for the Ravens, but it just sickens me to see things go their way constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Bucs beat the Colts, so at least that is objectively good.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

KC's gonna win!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Patsies acting like bitches about it too! I drink their salty tears with joy!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Yep good football week

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

We need to beat the Bills and Jets so the game against the Ravens is meaningless

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Patsies acting like bitches about it too! I drink their salty tears with joy!
    Looks like their fans are whining about the refs. Quite ironic, considering that the refs basically gifted them the AFCCG against the Chiefs last year with the bullshit RTP call.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    "It's so lifelike".
    Hahahahaha! You found the video. Hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Word

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

The Cheats loss means that the Ravens, if they win their next two, will clinch the #1 seed in week 16, so they may rest their starters in week 17 against us. For a running QB like Jackson that definitely seems to be wise.

The bad news is that the Titans won again and if we finish with the same record as the Titans or Texans (one them probably will be division winner) they will likely have the tiebreaker.

Titans and Texans play each other next week.

we want the Texans to win. Why? Because one of these teams have to win the AFC south and as I see it - the Texans have a better conference record. So even if we lose to the Bills, if the Texans beat the Titans - we should have still win the tie breaker over the Titans. If titans beat the Texans and we lose to the Bills, then, We are on the outside looking in.

if we beat the bills - all this is moot and we take #5 spot and we don’t care about titans or Texans or the price of eggs in China

On the other hand, I'd really like to see the Bills win the AFCE and force the Patriots to have to win 3 road games to get to another SB.

Let's face it, we're not winning a SB with this offense.