Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Whom to Root (Week 14)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

For Whom to Root (Week 14)

For those who watch other games, and want to know for whom we should root (in order to best help the Steelers)... here you go:

Colts @ Buccaneers Colts are on our tails. Go Bucs!!!

Broncos @ Texans We “could” possibly surpass the Texans, but someone has to win the AFC South, and if the Texans win out the eliminate the Titans for us. Plus, maaaybe the Texans overtake the Taperiots for the #2 seed. A subdued “Go Texans.”

Bengals @ Browns This truly would eliminate the Browns from the playoffs... AND it drops the Bengals out of the #1 overall draft slot. Win-win. Go Bengals.

Dolphins @ Jets

Chargers @ Jaguars

Chiefs @ Taperiots Someone has to win the AFC West. Plus, EFF the Taperiots!!!

Titans @ Raiders If the Texans beat the Titans twice in the last four weeks, then the Titans can win here... knocking the Raiders down a spot or two. That said, a Titans loss would not be the worst thing. Still... Go Titans.

Ravens @ Bills ***

***The Bills have me in a quandary.

The Bills losing to the Ravens helps the Steelers win the #5 seed. Yet, at the same time, I’d rather see the Taperiots tumble and lose the division (and have to play on the road in the playoffs).

On one hand, I want the Bills to end up 12-4 (their only loss to the Steelers), and taking the AFC East. On the other hand, the Steelers could realistically snatch the #5 seed away from them.

I. Am. Perplexed

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: For Whom to Root (Week 14)

Ravens - Bills is a hard one, but I guess root for the Ravens to help us keep a WC and so NE doesn’t get the 1 seed

Member Array title="Devil's D will become famous soon enough">

GO Ravens! Go Chiefs!

I really want the Ravens to lock-up the #1 seed before we play them. I see that as the easiest path to the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Ravens - Bills is a hard one, but I guess root for the Ravens to help us keep a WC and so NE doesn’t get the 1 seed
    We aren't catching the Ravens so at this point I want to see them win out (save the game against us) starting this week with the Bills. We need the Bills to lose as much as possible so we can have a shot at the #5 seed.
    No matter what if we do make the playoffs (and that's a big if as you can clearly see) we are going to open with a tough road game at the Texans, Chiefs, or possibly Patriots which means we are a one and one team. At this point I see us losing to the Bills & Ravens and ending the season 9-7. Who knows if that gets us the #6 seed but I really don't care we aren't winning a playoff game this year without a lot of lucky bounces. One big benefit of making the playoffs is the Dolphins pick gets worse!

I don’t know about 1 and done, it’s not like any of the teams (even the pats) are playing lights out right now. Also remember we were 1 unlucky fumble away from beating the Ravens and we took 3 of the top 5 teams this season to the end because our defense (Ravens, Seattle and the 49ers) and that was with our offense putting together 1 drive per game. As long as our defense plays like it has been we have a chance to beat any team, especially if our offense starts playing better with Duck. I am not saying we are going to do a lot, or even make the playoffs, but we have a chance as long as our defense plays lights out.

As for Buffalo, well their offense is t exactly killing it either, so that is going to be a defensive struggle for both teams, and I think our defense is just better, especially at TOs.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I just don't see our offense winning at any of those venues. Duck is gutsy but with no playoff experience ... it just isn't happening against the Texans, Chiefs or Pats offense on the road. I know the Pats have struggled but winning in Foxboro in January with this offense ... not happening against Belichick's defense. They will feast on Duck. The Chiefs offense is too good with Mahomes back, and Watson is too good as well. Even with our defense keeping it close I just don't see it.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Let's face it, the Bills are not going to catch the Patriots. Just very unlikely to happen. So I'd rather see the Ravens get the #1 seed as a backstop against those hearing fucktards. In the meantime you can root for Brady to get hurt or exposed as a pedophile; either of those would have a worse effect on their season than getting the wild card.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I don’t see any issues with the Texans or Chiefs more than the Bills (who have a better Def than both of those teams). I honestly see us being able to hold our own mainly due to our Def being able to shut them down, so our offense doesn’t need to be lights out, just efficient with no turnovers

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Let's face it, the Bills are not going to catch the Patriots. Just very unlikely to happen. So I'd rather see the Ravens get the #1 seed as a backstop against those hearing fucktards. In the meantime you can root for Brady to get hurt or exposed as a pedophile; either of those would have a worse effect on their season than getting the wild card.
    Unfortunately you are probably correct, they are 1 game back and even if the Bills beat them and they go 2-2 (losses to the Bills and KC) the Bills will have to go 3-1 to tie them and that means beating us and the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ah just realized that if the Bills and Pats both end up 12-4, the Pats still win the division. Gotta root for the Ravens over the Bills then!

However, I do think the Bills will play the Ravens tough at home. This could be a letdown game for Baltimore

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If NE's offense doesn't pick it up fast, there's a realistic shot they could get taken down by the Chiefs and Bills. If that happens they'll be the #3 seed and if the Steelers are the #6, we'd be facing them in the first week of the playoffs haha.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Go Ravens. I want Ravens to have every reason to rest Lamar Jackson in week 17

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    For some reason I don’t see the Ravens easing up on us. Maybe if it was any other team, but it’s in front of their home crowd against the Steelers. If they can knock us out of the playoffs, they might go for it.

Plus they will have a bye anyway, so I can see the logic of not wanting to sit your young QB for two weeks in a row and play the first playoff game cold.

They’ll probably want to play him for at least a half and see how it goes.

However, if LJ plays and gets hurt, Harbaugh will go from potential coach of the year to getting death threats in Baltimore.

If they have the #1 seed locked up they would be stupid to play Jackson against us.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    For some reason I don’t see the Ravens easing up on us. Maybe if it was any other team, but it’s in front of their home crowd against the Steelers. If they can knock us out of the playoffs, they might go for it.

Plus they will have a bye anyway, so I can see the logic of not wanting to sit your young QB for two weeks in a row and play the first playoff game cold.

They’ll probably want to play him for at least a half and see how it goes.

However, if LJ plays and gets hurt, Harbaugh will go from potential coach of the year to getting death threats in Baltimore.
    I think they would. It was like the Packers @ Bears game in week 17 during the 2010 season. The Bears already had the #2 seed wrapped up and the Packers needed to win that game to get a wildcard berth. A win wouldn't get them the #1 seed, it was a meaningless game for the Bears. But they still played all their starters, because they wanted to knock the Packers out of playoff contention. The pack ended up winning and winning the Super Bowl that year.

Hopefully a similar thing plays out for the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If both the Bills and Taperiots end up 12-4, I do believe that the Bills win the division... because the Taperiots would have lost to four AFC teams; whereas, the Bills lost to the Eagles (an NFC team).

Regardless, I’m leaning towards what steelreserve is thinking: have the Ravens secure the #1 seed... to ensure that the cheaters do not have home field (where headsets mysteriously malfunction) advantage.

Then again, if the Steelers end up as the #6 seed, we’d face the Ravens in the Divisional round. In order for the Steelers to advance, we’d have to knock off the Ravens... basically negating that home field advantage.

I just hope that the Texans surpass the Taperiots, forcing the cheaters to play an extra game, and for the cheaters to play at least one game on the road (away from spy cameras in the opposing team’s locker room).

SUMMATION:
    Ravens win out: secure #1 seed
    Texans win out: acquire the #2 seed
    Steelers win out: somehow get the #5 seed

I don’t know about 1 and done, it’s not like any of the teams (even the pats) are playing lights out right now. Also remember we were 1 unlucky fumble away from beating the Ravens and we took 3 of the top 5 teams this season to the end because our defense (Ravens, Seattle and the 49ers) and that was with our offense putting together 1 drive per game. As long as our defense plays like it has been we have a chance to beat any team, especially if our offense starts playing better with Duck. I am not saying we are going to do a lot, or even make the playoffs, but we have a chance as long as our defense plays lights out.

As for Buffalo, well their offense is t exactly killing it either, so that is going to be a defensive struggle for both teams, and I think our defense is just better, especially at TOs.
    QFT

For Whom to Root (Week 14)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    QFT
    ??

Did I say something that insulted you? I always respect your opinions without this kind of BS response, I would expect the same from you.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

??

Did I say something that insulted you? I always respect your opinions without this kind of BS response, I would expect the same from you.

QFT is short for "quoted for truth".

It's not an insult. He's agreeing with your statement and complimenting you on what you said and how you said it.

I don't mean to speak for him, but I think that's what he meant.
    Last edited by pczach; 12-06-2019 at 10:32 AM.

QFT is internet-speak for "I agree with you, good sir"

BTW the Chiefs will beat the Patriots this Sunday. Mahomes will force a shootout but this time Brady doesn't have the bullets to hang. That and the curse of my avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I bet he thought it meant "quit fucking talking" - but we have STFU for that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I swear I do try my hardest to read your posts but I just can't stop staring at your avatar.

Thanks for the clarification, I did take it as “quit fing talking”

Carry on

I'm really hoping somehow the Bills steal the division from the pats and drop them to the 3rd seed, then we get in as the 6th and get another shot that those MFers

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I'm really hoping somehow the Bills steal the division from the pats and drop them to the 3rd seed, then we get in as the 6th and get another shot that those MFers
    With their offense not doing good and our D now. I don't fear them and would love to face them.

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I swear I do try my hardest to read your posts but I just can't stop staring at your avatar.
    This x100 haha, love that avatar!

??

My intention was to say that your post was perfect... and there was “nothing more that needed to be added.” Obviously, there was a miscommunication. I have never heard of any other use for QFT, and if there is, I apologize for that confusion. My intention was to say:

Quoted For Truth

I hope that you know that I respect you as a poster, and that I truly meant the best with post (i.e. admiration for your post).

Summation: I’m glad that this got cleared up.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My intention was to say that your post was perfect... and there was “nothing more that needed to be added.” Obviously, there was a miscommunication. I have never heard of any other use for QFT, and if there is, I apologize for that confusion. My intention was to say:

Quoted For Truth

I hope that you know that I respect you as a poster, and that I truly meant the best with post (i.e. admiration for your post).

Summation: I’m glad that this got cleared up.
    Hey teegre quit f'n talking man... jeez just jabbering on and on and on.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

This is why I love this time of year. I love me some baseball, but this constant potential week-to-week possibilities of making the playoffs, where teams get seeded, who ends up where make these last four weeks of the regular season priceless.

I think the Ravens will eke out a W in Buffalo, and that the Pats drop a game to KC. That leaves the Steelers, Pats and Jets left on Buffalo’s plate. Meanwhile, the Pats finish with the Bengals, Bills and the Fins. Unfortunately, I think Buffalo has the hardest path to winning the AFCE. Unless the Pats really stumble badly, they should win at least two or three of their remaining four games. The Bills? They may be lucky to win one of four (Jets). Every other team is gunning for a spot in the post-season either as a division winner and #1 or #2 seed, or a WC spot. I see no let-up.

As far as Week 17 in Baltimore? I do not think playing the Steelers at home that the Ravens will rest starters. That’s a rivalry game and they will play to win. Bank on that.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    If ETL ever replaces his avatar with another, I plan on organizing a pilgrimage to rectify it.