Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards game

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Cards game

Not much discussion on this one. I know zero about the Cards this year. Looks like a pick `em game in Vegas(or was anyway). I would love to hear some insight from anyone that has watched them. Clearly, we CAN win, but WILL we?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Cards game

Defense is bad.

Offense is spread 'em out and light it up. And they can do it, if they catch you napping or in the wrong assignment. Had some success against the 49ers by lining up in 3-4 wide and then running.

Play almost totally in 4 wide. Murray is greased lightening and can throw the ball 40 yards with the flick of a wrist.

Offensive line is bad and injured (I think) so it all tends to break down over the course of a game. Don't want to get in a track meet with them, but I think an assignment sound defense can gum up the works enough to expose the offensive line and rookie QB.

On defense, I think avoiding Chandler Jones and Peterson is the key. Don't know a bunch about their defense, just that it tends to bleed yards and points to everyone.

So knowing all that, it will be close game coming down to the final possession.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Defense is bad.

Offense is spread 'em out and light it up. And they can do it, if they catch you napping or in the wrong assignment. Had some success against the 49ers by lining up in 3-4 wide and then running.

Play almost totally in 4 wide. Murray is greased lightening and can throw the ball 40 yards with the flick of a wrist.

Offensive line is bad and injured (I think) so it all tends to break down over the course of a game. Don't want to get in a track meet with them, but I think an assignment sound defense can gum up the works enough to expose the offensive line and rookie QB.

On defense, I think avoiding Chandler Jones and Peterson is the key. Don't know a bunch about their defense, just that it tends to bleed yards and points to everyone.

So knowing all that, it will be close game coming down to the final possession.

They are a 3-7-1 team, and that's what scares me as Tomlin blows games to losing teams and we don't play well on the west coast.

Other points you did not mention, Muarry has been sacked 41 times already. Our pass rush should eat him alive.

The Cardinals WR's as a group lack big play ability.

Their pass rush as a team sucks ( outside of Chandler ), and the DB's are not very good. A terrible combination for them, but good news for us.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

West coast game, bad team, coming off a big division win. This has classic Tomlin letdown written ALL OVER IT!

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    West coast game, bad team, coming off a big division win. This has classic Tomlin letdown written ALL OVER IT!
    Say no more... we lost already.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Cardinals get their fourth win on the season. 28-13 Cardinals.

Duck throws two picks. Defense can't stop anything. Kyler Murray goes off for three touchdowns.

Not even humoring this game with a Steelers win. This is the kind of game they play like utter dogshit and lose in.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Living in Arizona, I’ve watched almost every game. Kyler is the real deal but goes down easy on sacks. They’re streaky and Kingsbury is a bad coach. They have a couple studs on defense, but not good as a unit.

I’ll be at the game so the Steelers have to win.

24-20 Steelers

- - - Updated - - -

In after the “I’ll be glad if I’m wrong” crowd.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

The Steelers don't drop "trap games". Not this year. Cards try to spread the offense and take shots downfield, get mauled by the best defense in the NFL. Final score 20-0 Steelers.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

There is no such thing as a trap game if your always the underdog.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Not this year, this team is different. The D is playing lights out and I don't see them letting up anytime soon. Duck is not afraid to go vertical with the ball so that should open up the offense as long as we don't go conservative and turtle things away.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

No more playing down to the competition since Brown and Bell are gone - no distractions anymore right? Team is now focused or should be. I’m buying into the narrative that Tomlin's got this team fighting hard every game even against an inferior team

27-10 Steelers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    So true that you had to post it twice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Game opened at pick 'em and has moved to Steelers -2&1/2 - 3

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odd...te/12-08-19#BT

Beware when the public jumps on one team to move the line that much

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Since when is Arizona the "West Coast?"

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Arizona is to west coast what Pennsylvania is to east coast.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Since Desertsteel started selling oceanfront property in Flagstaff.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

24-20 Steelers. Cards get a late score after the game's pretty much out of hand. I don't think the Cardinals are as bad as their record says, but a rookie QB against this defense... He ain't ready for it yet.

Snell goes for over 100 yards, Hodges attempts less than 25 passes again but throws 2 TDs. They can control the clock against that D

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So true that you had to post it twice!!
    lol my phone is jacked up and refuse to pay verizon a penny more! so im just gonna suffer out of spite.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I think Ben should take a share of the blame for the Steelers losing to bad teams in the past. He seemed to never get up for those games.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I think Ben should take a share of the blame for the Steelers losing to bad teams in the past. He seemed to never get up for those games.
    Honestly the game plan of airing it out 40+ times a game makes you more susceptible to letdowns, especially with a gunslinger like Ben who wasn't ever great at protecting the football. That gameplan can sometimes lead to excessive turnovers, and turnovers are the best way to have letdown games. With the team relying more on the running game, I have a feeling that letdown games may be less common. I hope.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I just hope Tomlin has them ready and, it seems they know this year they have to play better in games they should win.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Living in Arizona, I’ve watched almost every game. Kyler is the real deal but goes down easy on sacks. They’re streaky and Kingsbury is a bad coach. They have a couple studs on defense, but not good as a unit.

I’ll be at the game so the Steelers have to win.

24-20 Steelers

- - - Updated - - -

In after the “I’ll be glad if I’m wrong” crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    24-20 Steelers. Cards get a late score after the game's pretty much out of hand. I don't think the Cardinals are as bad as their record says, but a rookie QB against this defense... He ain't ready for it yet.

Snell goes for over 100 yards, Hodges attempts less than 25 passes again but throws 2 TDs. They can control the clock against that D
    You stole my score!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I agree with most, this season seems like a season we don’t play down to lesser teams. The Cards can be dangerous with a few big plays, and if that happens early we could be in trouble. As long as our defense plays like it can, we should win this game with little issue. Hopefully we can rest Juju and Conner this week and have them healthy for the final stretch and into the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The Cardinals can score points on anyone: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...liff-kingsbury

"In the first four weeks the Cardinals accumulated an 0-3-1 record, with the offense near the bottom of the league in DVOA. Then the team found its groove, and entered Week 13 as the eighth-best offense. Arizona has scored at least 25 points in six of its past eight games, and Murray has thrown 10 touchdowns and just two interceptions in that span. And the Cardinals haven’t been feasting on cupcake opponents, either: Two of these games came against the 10-2 49ers, with Kyler and Co. putting up a combined 51 points on a team that has given up an average of 15 per game this season"

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

They can score points on anyone else.

They have to prove that they can score points on us. I personally think that this is a totally winnable game, but it is tough to really call what will happen. But if the Steelers ride this wave of success and learn a few things, if they can improve, then we might actually see our 8th win this week, keep the playoff hopes (somehow) alive, and keep the legend of the Duck going strong....

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Honestly, I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking this same thing. How much of those loses were on Ben? Because, this year, we haven't lost one game to a bad team. The Browns are a very talented team that just can't pull it together, and we lost to them as they were hitting a win streak. They also beat the Ravens. So, again, we've lost to no bad teams this year. I wonder, if we go back to games Ben did not play in, and were against bad teams, how many of those game did we win? I honestly do not know the answer. It might be zero. But, it would be worth checking out.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not, right now. But we'll go back to west coast starting in March and stay there until next November. At least, that's what my clock says.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Honestly, I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking this same thing. How much of those loses were on Ben? Because, this year, we haven't lost one game to a bad team. The Browns are a very talented team that just can't pull it together, and we lost to them as they were hitting a win streak. They also beat the Ravens. So, again, we've lost to no bad teams this year. I wonder, if we go back to games Ben did not play in, and were against bad teams, how many of those game did we win? I honestly do not know the answer. It might be zero. But, it would be worth checking out.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not, right now. But we'll go back to west coast starting in March and stay there until next November. At least, that's what my clock says.
    Well we played 4 bad teams this year and won them all. Bengals twice, Miami and Chargers. I don't think the Brows are a bad team just under achievers.