Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cards game

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Honestly, I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking this same thing. How much of those loses were on Ben? Because, this year, we haven't lost one game to a bad team. The Browns are a very talented team that just can't pull it together, and we lost to them as they were hitting a win streak. They also beat the Ravens. So, again, we've lost to no bad teams this year. I wonder, if we go back to games Ben did not play in, and were against bad teams, how many of those game did we win? I honestly do not know the answer. It might be zero. But, it would be worth checking out.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not, right now. But we'll go back to west coast starting in March and stay there until next November. At least, that's what my clock says.
    A lot of them are probably on Ben. He throws more interceptions in road games, and since 2009, the game plan was to air it out 40+ times. Turning the ball over = a good way to lose to lesser competition.

Now they're asking Hodges to throw under 25 times and pound the rock 40+ times. There's less turnovers with this game plan and less that can go wrong. Is it pretty? No, but it's a proven way to win, especially if you have a top 5 defense.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Sloppy young, very sacked QB. This is why I'm starting Steelers defense in my fantasy playoffs.

Defense 14 points offense 10

Seal the deal 24-10 only because Danny's wonderful STs

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    A lot of them are probably on Ben. He throws more interceptions in road games, and since 2009, the game plan was to air it out 40+ times. Turning the ball over = a good way to lose to lesser competition.

Now they're asking Hodges to throw under 25 times and pound the rock 40+ times. There's less turnovers with this game plan and less that can go wrong. Is it pretty? No, but it's a proven way to win, especially if you have a top 5 defense.
    I get what you are saying and good point! Not my point though and just Ben's demeanor in those games against bad teams. You could tell the first series he was in, like he didn't care to be there. No fire in him whatsoever when he played bad teams for the most part unless it was a prime time game!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Oh great another thread derailed by the lets blame Ben crowd, and here I thought this was a thread about feelings for the Cards game...silly me.

So where is this proof that Ben has no desire to be there? Are you referring to the game in Oakland last year when Tomlin could have put Ben back into the game in the 2nd 1/2 but didn't because he didn't want to mess with the flow of the game? You know the one where the offense was going 3 over and over again..That game??? or was it another game in Oakland where the D gave up a 90 plus yard run to the QB (I think Carr). Maybe it was that Denver game where the T.E. decided going for style points was more important than giving the team real points, or the fumbles by the RB...that game??? Yeah I can see what you mean it's all Ben's fault.

Ben may not be perfect, but to say he's disinterested is a freaking joke.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

So . . . Back the the game at hand, I think as long as we can stop the big plays this week, we should take this game. The Cards are full of holes on both sides but can hit the big play.

We should be able to run better this week, so just an average passing game should be fine, won’t need the big plays down field so much this week, Duck can work on his short to med passing game, getting the TEs involved and work on his progressions.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

This is a game I expect them let Duck work behind the running game. Another week for duck to learn develop and hopefully win

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If they can protect Duck from Chandler Jones and Suggs, this will be a W. If not, it'll be a long day. Honestly the only players from the Cardinals that scare me are those two.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

This is not the year for letdown games, because the Steelers simply aren't in a position where they can even 'play down' to their competition. Every game is either a 'pick 'em' or Steelers taking a few points. So, I don't see these guys coming in sloppy and unprepared the way we'd all have expected the last few years. Not this year.

24-17 Steelers, with 10 points coming off of turnovers. The game won't be as close as the score indicates.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Conner our. Shocker!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Conner our. Shocker!

The sad part is that I think it was a mistake to play him in the game he reinjured his shoulder. I could tell from the first time he handled the ball in that game that he was trying to avoid contact with his shoulder.

It's a shame that he has had injury issues when he gets significant playing time. I believe he's a quality back when healthy. Unfortunately, his lack of availability needs to improve or the team will have no choice but to part ways with him if he wants significant money.

It sucks, because I love everything about James Conner the person. I hope he has just had a run of bad luck and he heals fully and becomes a much more reliable option.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The sad part is that I think it was a mistake to play him in the game he reinjured his shoulder. I could tell from the first time he handled the ball in that game that he was trying to avoid contact with his shoulder.

It's a shame that he has had injury issues when he gets significant playing time. I believe he's a quality back when healthy. Unfortunately, his lack of availability needs to improve or the team will have no choice but to part ways with him if he wants significant money.

It sucks, because I love everything about James Conner the person. I hope he has just had a run of bad luck and he heals fully and becomes a much more reliable option.
    I couldn’t agree more. I had high hopes for this season that he could stay on the field. It just goes that way with some guys. I hope things change for his and the team’s sake.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Conner our. Shocker!
    Conner who ? Time to get rid of the glass china doll......useless to us.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Conner who ? Time to get rid of the glass china doll......useless to us.
    I wouldn't go that far, but going forward he is always going to be part of a RB by committee guy. I really don't fault the guy for injuries. RB's get the shit beat out of them. He plays hard like Vance does but they are both injury prone. Doesn't mean to cut and run. Hard to imagine him playing for more than 2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but going forward he is always going to be part of a RB by committee guy. I really don't fault the guy for injuries. RB's get the shit beat out of them. He plays hard like Vance does but they are both injury prone. Doesn't mean to cut and run. Hard to imagine him playing for more than 2 more years.
    Definitely have to pickup a RB in the draft.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The sad part is that I think it was a mistake to play him in the game he reinjured his shoulder. .
    True, an AC sprain if its a grade 1 can come back relatively quick, but something tells me it was grade 2 or worse by the way he carried it off the field. Should have never put him back on the field in 3 weeks like he was.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Definitely have to pickup a RB in the draft.
    Fortunately, this is the draft to get one. There should be about 10 going anywhere from 40-90... much like the year that Hunt, Kamara, and Conner were drafted.

If the number of Steelers jerseys outside the stadium is any indicator, it’s gonna be a Steelers home game.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If the number of Steelers jerseys outside the stadium is any indicator, it’s gonna be a Steelers home game.
    I’m so bummed that I’m not there.

I had class yesterday... and didn’t want to make the drive this morning.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

That's right...you're there today.

Have a great time man! I hope you bring us good luck!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Watching the highlights now on YouTube and it's disgusting that Hicks wasn't ejected after he should have been called TWICE on the same drive for shots to the head. I'm willing to bet the officials didn't flag him when he knocked off Samuels helmet because they knew the rules would have forced them to eject him.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Watching the highlights now on YouTube and it's disgusting that Hicks wasn't ejected after he should have been called TWICE on the same drive for shots to the head. I'm willing to bet the officials didn't flag him when he knocked off Samuels helmet because they knew the rules would have forced them to eject him.
    He definitely should have been flagged for the second helmet to helmet hit, but is it a rule that he’d be ejected for two of those?

I know it’s a rule that you’re ejected for two unsportsmanlike penalties, but not necessarily two personal fouls.

I totally get the instinct to want the guy ejected, and maybe in this case it was blatant - I’m not sure, I only watched it once - but in general I’d rather err on not throwing people out for that kind of thing unless it’s clearly dirty and intentional. Absolutely throw the flag, and fine them. I think that’s necessary given the way we are trying to protect players.

I’m just always wary of throwing people out for bang bang plays that aren’t clearly with intention to harm. But I totally acknowledge that disagreeing with me on this is reasonable.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    He definitely should have been flagged for the second helmet to helmet hit, but is it a rule that he’d be ejected for two of those?

I know it’s a rule that you’re ejected for two unsportsmanlike penalties, but not necessarily two personal fouls.

I totally get the instinct to want the guy ejected, and maybe in this case it was blatant - I’m not sure, I only watched it once - but in general I’d rather err on not throwing people out for that kind of thing unless it’s clearly dirty and intentional. Absolutely throw the flag, and fine them. I think that’s necessary given the way we are trying to protect players.

I’m just always wary of throwing people out for bang bang plays that aren’t clearly with intention to harm. But I totally acknowledge that disagreeing with me on this is reasonable.
    I didn't care if he got ejected really, but I'm pretty sure if you get flagged for two hits to the head in a game it carries and automatic ejection which I why I think he wasn't flagged. The Second hit was way worse than the first on Edmunds. I hate "automatic" rules. It should be left up to the officials to decide that stuff.