Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brahns @ Stillers gameballs & goats

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Brahns @ Stillers gameballs & goats

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    When BJ Finney starts, Steelers are 11-1
    That... is an interesting stat.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Honorable mention to Benny Snell’s spinner mouthpiece.
    I thought he was sucking on a pacifier at first glance.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I thought he was sucking on a pacifier at first glance.
    There’s a player who has one. No joke. It looks like a binky.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

who's that kid from clemson? you see him drag his defender like for a first down like he was child?!

Game ballefense
    Goats: Oline false starts

Duck didnt kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    who's that kid from clemson? you see him drag his defender like for a first down like he was child?!
    Deon Cain

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Balls: Duck Dodger has played better than Rudolph and has been steady, not great but steady. Snell: Starting to look like a good NFL RB. Washington: Had his best game. Pass Rush: Suffocating. Haden: Hey Cleveland how does it feel to have a former player win it for your rivals

Goats: Refs: They are the worst aspect of the NFL, worse than any NFL team (even the Bengals). Freddie Kitchens: For being an all around jackass. Myles "Jussie Smollets" Garrett: I know he didn't play, but his actions last Cleveland game and his race card playing deserve a goat none-the-less.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Refs were putrid today.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Apparently, all this team needs is 300 yards of total offense and 20 points to win games. That's doable.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Refs were putrid today.
    It's not just today they are putrid every week and I am not just talking about Steeler games but across the board. Their calls have gifted the packers, ravens and cheats games this year and have had significant impacts on other games as well. The league office not doing anything about it only brings it more to the forefront that the game is rigged to help certain teams win. Great teams can over come bad officiating but it is the exception not the rule.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brahns @ Stillers gameballs & goats

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So....not to invent excuses, but propose explanations....maybe Hodges' cadence is very different and that led to guys moving early? It was weird to see so many.
    You’d think that would’ve been the case last week as well...no? Don’t recall it being an issue in his first start either. Maybe these guys were just overly aggressive to get at it...:dunno:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

That... is an interesting stat.
    So is this, but not in a good way - Fichtner needs to shred whatever script he is working from for opening drives

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

May want to look at that game script...lol

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So....not to invent excuses, but propose explanations....maybe Hodges' cadence is very different and that led to guys moving early? It was weird to see so many.
    The linesman was incredibly trigger-happy with the false starts yesterday. The kind of tiny movements that usually are let go were getting flagged. Some of those were legit, but some of them were phantom calls.

It seemed like they were dialed in to call false starts. Offensive holding against Watt, Dupree, Heyward and Hargrave which was going on all. day. long? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    So is this, but not in a good way - Fichtner needs to shred whatever script he is working from for opening drives

FICHTNER: Let’s see here, what do we have... “Bio-Dome 2”... that sounds like a great script!!!

Tomlin gave Pouncey a Game Ball yesterday.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

The refs were pitiful in this game. Not just the blown calls, but the timing of them. The downed punt that should have been a touchback was late in the 4th as was the Dupree late hit. Both gave the Browns a big advantage to score the tying TD.

The only player I was unhappy with was Dionte Johnson. 2 bonehead plays. Totally gave up on the INT. If he hustles he may be able to break it up or at least touch him down prior to a return. Just as bad was him running out of bounds with a little over 2 minutes left on a first down catch. Clock rolling there and you take another 45 seconds or cost the Brown a timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm not willing to put that on Fichtner yet. Seems to me that is more of a product of rookie QBs having to get into a groove and an offense having to figure out how to play the defense with the scheme they've put in for the week vs. the Steelers. Better QB can beat that, but rookie QBs don't have the experience, so it take a while. Maybe I'm wrong (I'm married, I'm wrong every day), but I would default to that position first.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

FICHTNER: Let’s see here, what do we have... “Bio-Dome 2”... that sounds like a great script!!!
    Fichtner did that last year when Dobbs came into the game. run. run and pass on 3rd 11. How is that helping your young QB when the other teams defense knows that ?

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Fichtner did that last year when Dobbs came into the game. run. run and pass on 3rd 11. How is that helping your young QB when the other teams defense knows that ?
    Yep this is what I am seeing. It seems like the 1st series is run, run pass short and punt and it takes a while for the play calling to open it up a little.

@Craic you may be partially right as well in that maybe they think the young QBs need some sort of warm up, but I still don't like it and I still blame play calling.

Fichtner finds a play that works... and then proceeds to run it into the ground.

Thankfully, the plays that worked well for Duck were deepe(er) passes. So, even if these plays get run into the ground, at least the safeties are forced to play deep enough to allow for the run plays to be successful.