Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-5 Teams

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

6-5 Teams

Looking at what the rest of the logjam of 6-5 teams have for schedules, it looks like we will need to go 4-1 for the rest of the season to keep our WC. All the teams have at least 1 difficult game remaining that they should lose (including us with Baltimore, who are looking pretty impressive right now). If our defense continues to play at the current level we could actually do it. It would be nice to get some help from the offense (Go Duck!) in the process.

On a side note, anyone know what happens if the Rats lose to the 9ers and we win out? If we were to somehow beat them the last game of the season (we did take them to OT and could have won that game if it were not for a Juju fumble!), would we win the Div with the same record?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 6-5 Teams

Colts may be tough but the Raiders are frauds (look at their point differential) and the Titans are the most inconsistent team in the NFL and are bound to look bad at some point and lose at least 2 games

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Beating the Bills, Cardinals and Ravens will be a tough task. The Jets aren’t a walk in the park either...depending on which team shows up...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Rats (9-2) would have to lose to:

Cleveland in week 15
    Steelers in week 17
    Another team

Steelers (6-5) would have to win out to have a shot at the division.

Of course won't happen.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I think we end up 10-6 or at worse 9-7. 9-7 might not be good enough for wild card but 10-6 should be most likely. This weeks game is huge and if we win it, I think we will get a wildcard spot.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I think we end up 10-6 or at worse 9-7. 9-7 might not be good enough for wild card but 10-6 should be most likely. This weeks game is huge and if we win it, I think we will get a wildcard spot.
    9-7 wont get it. There’s really only going to be one spot left unless Buffalo has a major collapse, they pretty much have the top wild card spot locked up.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    9-7 wont get it. There’s really only going to be one spot left unless Buffalo has a major collapse, they pretty much have the top wild card spot locked up.
    Yea don't think 9-7 will get a wild card but 10-6 should.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Cleveland in week 15
    Steelers in week 17
    Another team

Of course won't happen.
    49ers could do it

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wouldn’t exactly say Buffalo is a lock. They are 8-3, and their next four games are at Dallas, home against Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, and at NE. They could very well be 8-7 after those four.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I wouldn’t exactly say Buffalo is a lock. They are 8-3, and their next four games are at Dallas, home against Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, and at NE. They could very well be 8-7 after those four.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Cleveland in week 15
    Steelers in week 17
    Another team

Of course won't happen.
    For some reason I was think they had 3 losses

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    For some reason I was think they had 3 losses
    Na and they only lost two and look like a force now. I personally think we defense Lamar good and way better then most others teams. I think Russel Wilson gave us more issues! That said Lamar is amazing and deserves the MVP if he keeps it up!

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

Na and they only lost two and look like a force now. I personally think we defense Lamar good and way better then most others teams. I think Russel Wilson gave us more issues! That said Lamar is amazing and deserves the MVP if he keeps it up!
    one season doesn't make you amazing.

True. But as it sits right now, Buffalo has 3 games to play with versus the rest of the field which really only has one...I actually think Buffalo loses 3 of those games and sits at 10-6 when all is said and done and that should get them one of the two spots.

Well if we can beat Buffalo, then we will hold that tiebreaker also, that game will be 6-3

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m glad that someone brought up the Bills.

Up until this week, I’ve been rooting for them to win. My hope was that they’d win the AFC East, forcing the Taperiots to play as a wildcard. BUT, that was because I figured that the Ravens would lose a game or three, and thus, the Steelers would have a legitimate shot at winning the AFC North.

The best chance for a playoff spot is not winning the AFC North. It’d take a lot. Whereas, the Bills are sitting at 8-3... and, we play them (so, if we beat them, we’d own the tie-breaker). All they’d need to do is lose one other game... which is very likely, because they play the Taperiots and the Ravens (and the Cowboys).

It pains me to say it, but... Go Ravens!!! Go Taperiots!!! (Go Cowboys!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m glad that someone brought up the Bills.

Up until this week, I’ve been rooting for them to win. My hope was that they’d win the AFC East, forcing the Taperiots to play as a wildcard. BUT, that was because I figured that the Ravens would lose a game or three, and thus, the Steelers would have a legitimate shot at winning the AFC North.

The best chance for a playoff spot is not winning the AFC North. It’d take a lot. Whereas, the Bills are sitting at 8-3... and, we play them (so, if we beat them, we’d own the tie-breaker). All they’d need to do is lose one other game... which is very likely, because they play the Taperiots and the Ravens (and the Cowboys).

It pains me to say it, but... Go Ravens!!! Go Taperiots!!! (Go Cowboys!!!)
    Pains me even more to see it in print.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Never thought I’d be cheering for the Cowboys but here I am lol. Hope they beat the Bills. They did get that record pretty much playing through a soft schedule, and now have a REALLY tough stretch. All I say though is if they do end up 10-6 or better despite that record, they deserve to be in the postseason. They could easily end up 9-7

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

10-6 usually gets you a wild card, 9-7 means you need blind luck, and you are at the mercy of things like the #5 team losing to an opponent that is resting all their starters. This year is no exception.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I got a feeling that even if the ravens don’t need the last game for the #1 seed, they still won’t rest their starters against us if they have that opportunity to knock us out of playoff contention

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersNorth View Post
    one season doesn't make you amazing.
    Teams may figure him out in a year or two like they did to RG3 and Kap and etc. Right now though he is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I got a feeling that even if the ravens don’t need the last game for the #1 seed, they still won’t rest their starters against us if they have that opportunity to knock us out of playoff contention
    Plus they don’t want to lose in front of their home crowd.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I think Harbaugh is a smart coach. He won't do something bad for his team just to knock the Steelers out. But... I'm not sure they'll need to rest since they'll likely have a bye. Too much rest is problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Teams may figure him out in a year or two like they did to RG3 and Kap and etc. Right now though he is a beast.
    Figure him out like busting his knee??

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If they go far in the playoffs, the Ravens will ruin him by trying to force him to be a pocket passer so he doesn't get hurt, just like every other team ever with a QB like this.

"Better to have a QB who sucks and doesn't get hurt, than take any chances, which is the only way you'll ever win."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Then there's the fact that Bills haven't beaten anyone competent all year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    If they go far in the playoffs, the Ravens will ruin him by trying to force him to be a pocket passer so he doesn't get hurt, just like every other team ever with a QB like this.

"Better to have a QB who sucks and doesn't get hurt, than take any chances, which is the only way you'll ever win."
    Thing about Lamar is he is pretty accurate as a passer too. Maybe cause coverage since they worry about him running ?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Then there's the fact that Bills haven't beaten anyone competent all year.
    They will shit the bed! Guarantee Dallas will give them a beat down this week with all the drama Dallas had last week. Ps. my lock of the week for betters! Probably go with the under as well and don't see many scores from Buffalo.

Thing about Lamar is he is pretty accurate as a passer too. Maybe cause coverage since they worry about him running ?
    Trust me, they will put the brakes on him hard, and then he will be just another QB.

I think you are right that a lot of the reason why Jackson type of quarterbacks are successful is because they force the defense to account for an extra type of running play, which makes things happen like the safeties come up more or LBs get caught in some kind of awkward in-between space. Then the front office forces them to take that out of the game plan, and everyone's job on the opposing defense gets a lot easier.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Trust me, they will put the brakes on him hard, and then he will be just another QB.

I think you are right that a lot of the reason why Jackson type of quarterbacks are successful is because they force the defense to account for an extra type of running play, which makes things happen like the safeties come up more or LBs get caught in some kind of awkward in-between space. Then the front office forces them to take that out of the game plan, and everyone's job on the opposing defense gets a lot easier.
    That’s the old narrative. TBD whether it plays out with Jackson. He could be the outlier.

They will shit the bed! Guarantee Dallas will give them a beat down this week with all the drama Dallas had last week. Ps. my lock of the week for betters! Probably go with the under as well and don't see many scores from Buffalo.
    This is why I don't bet but the under maybe right.