Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brahns Week 13

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Brahns Week 13

What's your prediction?

I've a feeling that the team is gonna come out fired up after all the disrespect they've been getting. We end their season whooping them 23-10

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Brahns Week 13

Talk about disrespect... the Steelers are home underdogs against the Browns for the first time since #6 was QB.

Go get ‘em Bubby!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Talk about disrespect... the Steelers are home underdogs against the Browns for the first time since #6 was QB.

Go get ‘em Bubby!
    Steelers actually opened as slight favorites and $$$ apparently poured in on Browns to move line to Browns -1&1/2

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odd...te/12-01-19#BT

If Tomlin says he is sticking with Mason tomorrow look for the line to favor Browns by even more

Not certain barely beating the Bills, letting the Steelers hang around until the 4th quarter and blowing out the Dolphins in three home games means the Browns playoff express is back on track

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers 16 Browns 31

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Defense is rested this time. Look for some serious Steel Curtain stuff. Steelers 17, Browns 14

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolv View Post
    Defense is rested this time. Look for some serious Steel Curtain stuff. Steelers 17, Browns 14
    Not to be negative, but won’t their defense be rested too.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Not to be negative, but won’t their defense be rested too.
    Garrett will be both rested and resting

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Duck-led
    Steelers 24-19

Rudolph-led
    Browns 27-9

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Brahns Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Duck-led
    Steelers 24-19

Rudolph-led
    Browns 27-9
    This!

Forgot to add, Steelers fans win 13 of 14 fights in the parking lot before and after the game. The only reason it isn’t 14-14 is one fight is between two Browns fans to stupid to realize the other was t a Steelers fan

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Snell did look good against the Bungals... but then again, any RB (who is not a Hall of Famer like Adrian Peterson) is only as good as his O-Line.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Snell did look good against the Bungals... but then again, any RB (who is not a Hall of Famer like Adrian Peterson) is only as good as his O-Line.
    Looked good against the Chargers too. Pretty much has had solid production when given the chance this year.

Ironically he got majority of his play time this year when Duck was the QB.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Browns blow them out on a day where Jordan Berry is the Steelers lone offensive weapon.

Browns take it 35-3.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Not sure about this game but, if the defense can create a TD plus Duck needs to play this game maybe Steelers win 24-17.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I think this is going to be another ugly game. I like the idea of playing Duck, I think he gives us a better chance for a win. Mason just doesn't move and is always subject to sacks (holds ball too long) and big loss of yardage...not counting how many interceptions he throws. I'd feel better if Conner was playing, but it looks like he won't be, which makes my feeling on him falling further down and into a trade him mode. I feel Conner is a 'China Doll' made of glass and is NEVER available when needed, so what good is it to have a good player if he's not there when needed. I hope we win, but it's just so pathetic of another season. Another off season of major changes needed.....starting with coaches (OC) and down, BUT will it happen ? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Browns blow them out on a day where Jordan Berry is the Steelers lone offensive weapon.

Browns take it 35-3.
    I get the 3 but was unaware Baker & Friends are now the 2013 Broncos on offense

Browns 20-9

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Browns take it 35-3.
    Browns are not the ravens not by a long shot.

not on this defense at home. And the brownies don’t have the helmet swinger

20-13 Pitt

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Several narratives get destroyed Sunday.

Was Mason Rudolph truly the problem on Offense with his tendencies, or is it a bigger issue at hand? Like the Offense just being bad in general?

27-14 Browns.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Tomlin on Hodges: "I expect him to not kill us."

Great quote!

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot of people in here are drinking the Brown Kool-Aid. May God have mercy on your souls.

Don't drink kool-aid if it's brown, could be unpleasant

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hope you all are correct. But it is essentially an elimination game.

Browns are better at QB, RB, and WR. Their front took it to the Steelers offensive line just a handful of weeks ago.

Best chance is that Watt, Dupree, and Heyward can expose the bad Browns offensive line and pressure Mayfield into turnovers. Something they did not do last meeting.

The Browns team also caused confusion in the Steelers secondary on multiple occasions.

Couple all that with the Duck at QB. Last time we saw him lead an NFL offense, it was based on asking him to do as little as possible. Don't think that is going to cut it this time and have not seen anything to indicate that Duck is the answer. Being better than Mason R is not much of a resume at this point. His one big play was on a blown coverage and a great run. That is like when Mason R was tossing TDs against blown assignments and everyone wanted to talk about how good he was. See how that turned out? More of the same seems to be in store, just a different wrapper.

Hodges likely turns the ball over a few times, leaves the defense with too short of a field to defend. Defense starts trying to be amazing on every play and begins to blow assignments. It all snowballs, etc.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

The simple fact the he can hit his WRs in stride would have won the first Browns game all by itself. Our defense kept us in that game and stacked the box and stopped us. If Duck can hit a few downfield plays during this game (MR literally had one drive where he hit WRs correctly all game) the they won’t be able to stack the box and as you saw against the bengals, that should open up the running game. That is all anyone can hope for. Also, Duck has some legs, there were 2-3 times MR should have just run for the first to keep droves alive, Duck can and has shown a willingness to do.

We trailed by 7 in the 4th to a team that acted like it was the Super Bowl. Our QB was worse than putrid that night. That Browns team is now without their best player and the game is in Pittsburgh. Plus the guy who threw 4 picks is out. If the new guy can "not kill us" then I see the path to a W.

Again, rooting really hard for everyone besides me to be right.

But, outside of one big play to Washington, Hodges was 4 of 10 for 39 yards. And that was against one of, if not the worst defense in the league.

Couple that with a stable of back-up RBs and practice squad WRs and you are essentially asking the defense to make zero mistakes and come away with a couple turnovers and a score. Sure, the Browns are not great or anything, but they are a reasonably competent NFL team. The Steelers have yet to beat one of those in 2019. I guess the Colts, but even that was a close run thing. I think the Browns are much better than the Colts.

The Steelers have yet to beat one of those in 2019. I guess the Colts, but even that was a close run thing. I think the Browns are much better than the Colts.
    Well..... they did lose by a total of 9 points to 3 of the best 4 teams in football....

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well..... they did lose by a total of 9 points to 3 of the best 4 teams in football....
    But they still lost. That is the point. They have not beaten a good football team at full strength yet this year. The Colts is the closest, but that was with their back-up QB in.

The 2019 Steelers are good enough to squeak out wins against terrible teams. Decent enough to be competitive but lose against quality teams when everything goes right.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down.

But they still lost. That is the point. They have not beaten a good football team at full strength yet this year. The Colts is the closest, but that was with their back-up QB in.

The 2019 Steelers are good enough to squeak out wins against terrible teams. Decent enough to be competitive but lose against quality teams when everything goes right.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down.
    I get being down on the Steelers offense but a team coached by Freddie Kitchens that managed to be at 2-6 until it built a three game winning streak at home against three mediocre teams (I am not sold on the Bills at all) may win but has its own demons to overcome

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

The browns are 5-6 for a reason, and they’re without Garrett on defense. Steelers D is good enough to make up for a couple mistakes. Plus it’s still to be determined if juju and Conner will suit up.

i just don’t buy this crap that the browns are anything more than a mediocre team - and missing a key part on defense.

we're gonna win, the browns and their fans have been really disrespectful since the game and that doesn't fire up this team to come out swinging at home, nothing will.