Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brahns Week 13

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Brahns Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But they still lost. That is the point. They have not beaten a good football team at full strength yet this year. The Colts is the closest, but that was with their back-up QB in.

The 2019 Steelers are good enough to squeak out wins against terrible teams. Decent enough to be competitive but lose against quality teams when everything goes right.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down.
    They would have beat the Colts with their starting QB in the whole game. He wasn't doing much before he got injured and besides Hoyer is a very good back up.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

But they still lost. That is the point. They have not beaten a good football team at full strength yet this year. The Colts is the closest, but that was with their back-up QB in.

The 2019 Steelers are good enough to squeak out wins against terrible teams. Decent enough to be competitive but lose against quality teams when everything goes right.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down.
    No it's not really the point when you predict the Browns to win 35-3.

And the only time they were blown out is when Big Ben was playing.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    They would have beat the Colts with their starting QB in the whole game. He wasn't doing much before he got injured and besides Hoyer is a very good back up.
    I doubt Brissett airmails a pick-six that decided the game. I believe Brissett had the Colts driving for a TD before he got injured.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I doubt Brissett airmails a pick-six that decided the game. I believe Brissett had the Colts driving for a TD before he got injured.
    You imagine everything going right for other teams and everything going wrong for the Steelers ... lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    No it's not really the point when you predict the Browns to win 35-3.

And the only time they were blown out is when Big Ben was playing.
    To avoid a blow-out to the 49'ers, they had to cause 5 turnovers! That just can not be counted on to happen on a regular basis.

Until the offense, and I do not care who is under center, can consistently move the ball, convert 3rd downs, and put TDs on the board, the Steelers are one mistake from losing a given game and two-three mistakes from it snowballing and getting blown out.

Do I want them to win? Yes.
    Do I think they are capable of winning? Yes.
    Do I expect that they will win? No.

To avoid a blow-out to the 49'ers, they had to cause 5 turnovers! That just can not be counted on to happen on a regular basis.

Until the offense, and I do not care who is under center, can consistently move the ball, convert 3rd downs, and put TDs on the board, the Steelers are one mistake from losing a given game and two-three mistakes from it snowballing and getting blown out.

Do I want them to win? Yes.
    Do I think they are capable of winning? Yes.
    Do I expect that they will win? No.
    Dude that game was never even close to turning into a blow out. The Steelers should have won.

You not only expect the Browns to win, but to annihilate the Steelers.

Dude that game was never even close to turning into a blow out. The Steelers should have won.

You not only expect the Browns to win, but to annihilate the Steelers.
    If the 'Niners convert their red zone turnovers into points, even just field goals, the final score is 33-20. Make it TDs (and they were close enough to be possible) then you're talking 45-20.

And of course I expect the other team to catch all the breaks and the Steelers to catch very few. Why would the pattern change now?

I fully realize that my prediction is highly pessimistic. I will be rooting to be wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

This is an angry, angry revenge game. Mayfield gets rattled early, Chubb never gets it going and the Steelers cruise away with a convincing victory.

28-13 Pittsburgh

If the 'Niners convert their red zone turnovers into points, even just field goals, the final score is 33-20. Make it TDs (and they were close enough to be possible) then you're talking 45-20.

And of course I expect the other team to catch all the breaks and the Steelers to catch very few. Why would the pattern change now?

I fully realize that my prediction is highly pessimistic. I will be rooting to be wrong.
    Exactly! lol. I try to expect the best before the game and save my pessimism for when the game actually starts.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Again, rooting really hard for everyone besides me to be right.

But, outside of one big play to Washington, Hodges was 4 of 10 for 39 yards. And that was against one of, if not the worst defense in the league.

Couple that with a stable of back-up RBs and practice squad WRs and you are essentially asking the defense to make zero mistakes and come away with a couple turnovers and a score. Sure, the Browns are not great or anything, but they are a reasonably competent NFL team. The Steelers have yet to beat one of those in 2019. I guess the Colts, but even that was a close run thing. I think the Browns are much better than the Colts.
    I, unfortunately, am seeing it the same way you are and also hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Everybody just relax , enjoy an Orange Julius or something.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope Duck can complete an average to below average number of forward passes, behind the 7-8 ppl the stains will be putting in the box we could win. We were in this game till the end, and MR threw INT after INT. If Duck can avoid turnovers, our defense held the Browns pretty good. We will be at home, I am hoping our team will rally behind Duck and be pissed off from the last game.

For those who keep talking about how terrible we are, we are literally 2 late game TO’s from being 8-3 and leading our division. With this pathetic offense. Let that sink in for a minute. All we need is average to a little below average QB play to be competitive, let’s all hope Duck can provide that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

We no longer have an Orange Julius in our local mall. So can't relax!

Brahns Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Dairy Queen does them now...no excuses.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    W.T.F. no Orange Julius , that's bullshit man. Have to find a recipe on line I guess.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I said that this is probably gonna be a ugly game, and I do like that Duck is gonna give us the best chance to win.....I'm NOT predicting any score....I'm not sure how in the hell the talking heads come up with the brown's being favored......but let's not forget that THIS GAME IS IN PITTSBURG !!!! We got the RENEGADE !!! Oh mama !!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

W.T.F. no Orange Julius , that's bullshit man. Have to find a recipe on line I guess.

Yep went out of business. Was there for years.

But they are owned by Dairy Queen so I think we can still get it there.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Good news-JuJu cleared concussion protocols
    Bad News- Artie Burns Practiced..... That was bad of me wasn’t it.

Hope everyone had a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This is supposed to be the SNL skit where Sylvester Stallone works at a computer store... that used to be an Orange Julius.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.metacafe.com/embed/5148521/stallone_on_snl_1997_orange_julius_skit/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/51485...e_julius_skit/
    Last edited by teegre; 11-29-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Good news-JuJu cleared concussion protocols
    Bad News- Artie Burns Practiced..... That was bad of me wasn’t it.

Hope everyone had a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!!
    What about his knee though? I was under the impression that his knee was the greater concern.

What about his knee though? I was under the impression that his knee was the greater concern.
    Not as clear on that.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

He didn’t practice Thursday because of the knee. So it’s not looking great. Even if he plays, there’s no way he’ll be 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    He didn’t practice Thursday because of the knee. So it’s not looking great. Even if he plays, there’s no way he’ll be 100%.
    Starting to look like a lost year for Juju. It'll be interesting how this affects his extension numbers.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No Conner and if he did return he'd be running lame. Have to pick up a RB in the draft or FA

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-for-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

DuDu Smith-Schuster, who crapped the bed as a toddler, and still does

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    DuDu Smith-Schuster, who crapped the bed as a toddler, and still does
    REALLY??

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I heard it reported a couple hours ago on CBS Sports Radio that JuJu has been ruled out of this game with the knee injury.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I said that this is probably gonna be a ugly game, and I do like that Duck is gonna give us the best chance to win.....I'm NOT predicting any score....I'm not sure how in the hell the talking heads come up with the brown's being favored......but let's not forget that THIS GAME IS IN PITTSBURG !!!! We got the RENEGADE !!! Oh mama !!
    No offense, but man! It’s Pittsburgh!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    REALLY??
    Yeah man 100% Dong post