Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Have We Entered The Duck Dynasty?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Have We Entered The Duck Dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Fortran is a general-purpose, compiled imperative programming language that is especially suited to numeric computation and scientific computing that was used by the dinosaurs.
    Hell yeah... Fortran, COBOL, pascal, BASIC, Logo, assembly, machine language... What are you kids using these days? C++? Python? / get offa mah lawn
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Hell yeah... Fortran, COBOL, pascal, BASIC, Logo, assembly, machine language... What are you kids using these days? C++? Python? / get offa mah
    lawn

I had Fortran when it was FORTRAN!

Good God I'm getting old...….

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Hell yeah... Fortran, COBOL, pascal, BASIC, Logo, assembly, machine language... What are you kids using these days? C++? Python? / get offa mah lawn
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Duck didn't look all that different from Pre-Concussion Rudolph to me today, and there was a stretch where he was just as bad as Rudy. Running into the pass rush for one thing.

But Duck was accomplished. Not many mind-blowing plays but made something happen when he needed to. Let's hope he improves from here, and pray nothing play-altering happens to Duck like a cheap shot that puts him out for a week.

Rudolph may never be the same again after the Earl Thomas hit, and its a shame that it happened to him. We may never know how good he could've been. Maybe someplace else in the NFL. In the meantime, he belongs super-glued to the bench.
    When was this? And, I think you're fooling yourself if you think the Earl Thomas hit did anything to Rudolph. Mason hit is ceiling for this year. Period. The weaknesses that had been discussed here by me and others were exposed. He has a weaker arm (all this crap about him having a better arm in practice is funny ... it's easy to focus on mechanics and throwing while wearing a red shirt). He is indecisive. He is a statue in the pocket. So on and so forth.

Mason seems like a very good guy. He has said all the right things from day one. I just hope he isn't in the Steelers future plans. I think Duck has the higher ceiling.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Duck isn’t afraid to throw the ball, he hits his WRs in stride (MR only did that in the preseason) and his deep ball is on target. Duck can actually run and other than backing into the pass rush a few times and running out of bounds, had a pretty flawless game.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Duck made a lot of money today. Showed that he can be a quality backup in this league. And if we don’t keep him, other teams will want him.

Hell, out of all the Steelers backups that we have had - he’s been one of the better ones. I’d rank him above Landry Jones and Dobbs. Maybe Leftwich and Batch were better but they had the luxury of having had much more experience.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Duck made a lot of money today. Showed that he can be a quality backup in this league. And if we don’t keep him, other teams will want him.

Hell, out of all the Steelers backups that we have had - he’s been one of the better ones. I’d rank him above Landry Jones and Dobbs. Maybe Leftwich and Batch were better but they had the luxury of having had much more experience.
    If he can keep up this level of play, he will prove to be a good STARTER in this league.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Fortran is a general-purpose, compiled imperative programming language that is especially suited to numeric computation and scientific computing that was used by the dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Duck needs to learn how to escape a pass rusher. Twice yesterday he tried to escape by running directly into the momentum of the pass rusher instead of going the opposite way.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Duck needs to learn how to escape a pass rusher. Twice yesterday he tried to escape by running directly into the momentum of the pass rusher instead of going the opposite way.

No doubt.

A couple times all he needed to do was step up into the pocket. Instead, he ran away from his protection when the OL and backs were in position to protect him if he stayed in the pocket.

It's something he needs to get a better feel for. I'm sure they will be going over that in the film room and working on that with him.

He needs to trust his protections.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I still have the same opinion of Duck I always have. He's a heady QB who sees the field and makes smart throws on time and on target, but he floats his deep passes. Probably won't sink us against weak secondaries, but it's a liability against Baltimore and perhaps Buffalo.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

My only real question about Hodges physical tools is on a 3rd and 8 that has to get converted, can he muscle that square out to the far sideline into a tight window? For 15 years I’ve been spoiled by a QB who can absolutely thread that needle with a high grade fastball. Can Duck? If not, can the Steelers adapt and overcome to compensate?

To be fair, this was the same test Rudolph and Landry failed.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    When was this? And, I think you're fooling yourself if you think the Earl Thomas hit did anything to Rudolph. Mason hit is ceiling for this year. Period. The weaknesses that had been discussed here by me and others were exposed. He has a weaker arm (all this crap about him having a better arm in practice is funny ... it's easy to focus on mechanics and throwing while wearing a red shirt). He is indecisive. He is a statue in the pocket. So on and so forth.

Mason seems like a very good guy. He has said all the right things from day one. I just hope he isn't in the Steelers future plans. I think Duck has the higher ceiling.
    I know, just like Ben putting his head through a windshield and then a second concussion in 2006 didn’t affect him at all. Oh wait. It did. He was terrible for stretches in that season and lead the league in picks as the Steelers finished 8-8.

Mason in his early starts showed some level of growth and progression from his rookie year. He was more decisive, and moved around and even ran. Ironically, the big hit occurred when he was actually scrambled and left the pocket.

Mason was effectively dead. He looked like a 50’s football player and had to be helped off the field. If you seriously think a concussion that bad that doesn’t affect the psyche of a young quarterback, then you’re delusional.

Duck is our guy now. Just be grateful for that, and hope nothing horrible happens to him.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I like what I see in Duck. Mason seems to just not have it I read somewhere that he's a perfectionist and that seems to be hurting his reads.

We'll see if NFL level defenders start to bait teh Duck into some mistakes in the coming games

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah though I'm not too worried about that, this is a fixable issue imo. Unlike Rudolph who doesn't appear to have a feel for what to do at all.