Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have We Entered The Duck Dynasty?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Have We Entered The Duck Dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I agree with everything you’ve been saying. I’m just saying this year, next year, whatever...if we are
    Stuck with a Matt Ryan to watch, I’m good with that.
    Oh, absolutely.

I guess my point is that this QB class maxes out at the Matt Ryan level... which is still very good. That said, there’s no need to draft a QB like that in R1; one can acquire a QB in R2 (or R3) who then develops into Matt Ryan.

In 2021, the QBs are the next group of world beaters: Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Oh, absolutely.

I guess my point is that this QB class maxes out at the Matt Ryan level... which is still very good. That said, there’s no need to draft a QB like that in R1; one can acquire a QB in R2 (or R3) who then develops into Matt Ryan.

In 2021, the QBs are the next group of world beaters: Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.
    I'm intrigued by Ian Book (admittedly, I'm a ND fan). I think he has a skill set that translates to the NFL. He probably could be had in R3-4.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

In his weekly press conference, Tomlin announced that Duck would start versus the Browns on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    In his weekly press conference, Tomlin announced that Duck would start versus the Browns on Sunday.
    Big surprise lol. Yeah you don't pull a QB from a game and start them next week (unless it's a blowout and you're protecting your players)

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yes QUACK!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He needs to be studying film on his off day not duck hunting!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Probably in the minority here, but who cares.

Nothing worse than a couple of macho men posing with animals they just slaughtered.

I don’t think Mallards are eaten...certainly not by NFL players.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post

Nothing worse than a couple of macho men posing with animals they just slaughtered.

Yep, minority

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Personally I don't mind it much if they're hunting to eat. Trophy hunting on the other hand, pisses me off. If you kill something you eat it

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Personally I don't mind it much if they're hunting to eat. Trophy hunting on the other hand, pisses me off. If you kill something you eat it
    Pretty much agree and don't care for trophy hunting.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

no shortage of ducks in the world
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I took out a duck with a golf ball a few years ago. Dropped it mid-air. Instant death.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I took out a duck with a golf ball a few years ago. Dropped it mid-air. Instant death.
    Video?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I've seen it happen. I also drilled some geese that wander into and around greens in my area.

I was never personally responsible for a death though!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I've seen it happen. I also drilled some geese that wander into and around greens in my area.

I was never personally responsible for a death though!
    It was a drive off the tee of a par 5. Made contact with it about 100 yards down the fairway so it still had a lot of speed to it. Feathers everywhere! I felt really bad about it.

- - - Updated - - -

My best friend lost an eyeball to a golf ball. Has a glass eye now. Fortunately, I wasn't responsible for that one!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Tomlin really thrilled about having Duck at QB

C'mon, coach. There has to be something good about Duck. Otherwise why did you keep him on the roster in the first place?
    "We didn't keep him in the first place," Tomlin said with a laugh.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...devlin-hodges/

Man... how much would I love to see real quarterback performance on Sunday!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Man... how much would I love to see real quarterback performance on Sunday!
    Fichtner will decide it is time to remind everyone of his brilliance and come out with gimmicks like the wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Fichtner will decide it is time to remind everyone of his brilliance and come out with gimmicks like the wildcat
    I'd rather have a quack attack!

I'd rather have a quack attack!
    QB draw with the line in a "flying V" formation?

You get it.
    Hunting to eat has been a part of human existence forever. That’s a good reason for hunting.
    Like you, I detest trophy hunting because it becomes nothing more than a celebration of death...” look what I did.”
    Remember the dentist from Minnesota who killed the well known lion in Africa...posing in front of that majestic animal with a big shit eating grin.
    He justly deserved all the backlash he received.

- - - Updated - - -

No shortage of people in the world...let’s start hunting people.
    It’s a pretty basic philosophy, nothing in the extreme...respect all living things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Yep, minority
    For now.

It’s reported that the interest in hunting by the younger generations is dropping big time.

For now.

It’s reported that the interest in hunting by the younger generations is dropping big time.
    Lot of the younger people are going vegan lol. Where I live, there's a ton of vegan food joints popping up everywhere, it's pretty nuts

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hunting "big game" safari animals for trophies at exorbitant fees half-way across the world is a big step from hunting deer and ducks here at home.

Even if you don't eat the venison and fowl you take, it is still a necessary action. State DNR's regulate the animal populations and how much they can be hunted. If they are not hunted enough, they will grow too large.

Heck, in some places in the states, you can hunt deer from helicopters with the state's blessing because the population now is estimated to be larger than it was in colonial times. I mean we wiped out all the predators besides us...so balance and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Pretty much agree and don't care for trophy hunting.
    I felt the same way for a long time. Then, I had a conversation with my Uncle who was a big-game guide up in Canada. He leased about a 1000 square miles of hunting territory from the government and would fly in hunters to trophy hunt. He told me that whenever they shoot an animal, it'd be gone within a few weeks to months of them coming back. In other words, the animal didn't go to waste because it was feeding other animals. That wiped out my main concern of wasting a life for no reason. Of course, if they got an animal close to camp, they'd sometimes take it in and use it for food as well. But not often.

#savetheducks

#watchmorefilm

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It’s a pretty basic philosophy, nothing in the extreme...respect all living things.
    You know what else is a pretty basic philosophy? Birds are fuckin' stupid, let's blow away some ducks.

Like, they used to be dinosaurs, and rampaged around eating people left and right, and now you want me to feel sorry for them because they suck so bad? FUCK THAT.

As long as you're not slaughtering endangered species by the truckload, who even cares.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Wow this post really went of the tracks. Heck with it and it's deer season Monday so guess it works.

You know what else is a pretty basic philosophy? Birds are fuckin' stupid, let's blow away some ducks.

Like, they used to be dinosaurs, and rampaged around eating people left and right, and now you want me to feel sorry for them because they suck so bad? FUCK THAT.

As long as you're not slaughtering endangered species by the truckload, who even cares.
    Great post.