Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myles Garrett says Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. What do think happened?

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Myles Garrett says Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. What do think?

What do you think?

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Myles Garrett says Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. What do think happened?

What do you think?

I dont know how to create a pool through my phone.

A: Yes , I think its possible Mason said something racial, since he is from the South and seems like spoiled rich white kid. He may have been extremely frustrated with the 4 picks and this late hit was a slip of the tongue.

B: No, Myles is lying. He would have immediately been screaming "Mason called me..." in the endzone to make it known to all, his action was justified and all the players would have heard it seconds after the altercation.Also when asked after the game what happened, he never mentioned it to the media. Also Browns teammates aren't made aware by Garrett of any racial slurs until today through breaking news.

C. He is a mastermind and wants to stop playing football all together, keep his body healthy ,and join Kaepernick's circus and make a living by being paid as " a millionaire nike fake activist"

D. Other...write in.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods please delete other duplicates of this post. My phone is jacked up I must of submitted mulitples.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Myles Garrett says Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. What do think happened?

Ah the race card, such a valuable part of our society, after all what would people who've lost the argument or don't want to take responsibility for their own actions/failures do without it?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Myles Garrett says Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. What do think happened?

B. Garret is a LIAR!! And not much of a human.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Myles Garrett, the NFL's Jussie Smolletts

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Garrett made it up, possibly with the advice of his agent, knowing you can't actually prove someone DIDN'T say something. At worst, "nobody else heard him say it" but then you just claim "well I guess I was the only one close enough" or some such bullshit. Nobody can actually prove you're lying, it's a free race card.

For a million and a half dollars, would you take a shot at that for free? Well, why not? You just have to not give a shit about what happens to anyone other than yourself.

I'll also be clear - if it turns out Rudolph did say that, there's no excuse for it and he ought to get a nice unpaid vacation courtesy of the Steelers. It just seems ... highly unlikely that everybody on both teams would have stayed quiet about it for a whole week, including the guy he supposedly said it to directly. Give me a break.

But even if he DID do it, it does not give you free licence to attack somebody violently. The whole notion of "he said a racial slur, so I can do whatever I want" is not the way that's supposed to work. Just a lazy excuse for not controlling your temper. Plenty of times people have said shit like that to me, and I've somehow managed to avoid getting in fistfights over it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Myles Garrett, the NFL's Jussie Smolletts
    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    In the “made for tv” movie, Myles Garrett will be played by Jussie Smollett.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Maybe Mason said something about his momma

that I could believe

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Maybe Mason said something about his momma

that I could believe
    Nonsense, he told him this is MAGA country! I think the people above figured it out.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Nonsense, he told him this is MAGA country! I think the people above figured it out.
    waiting for Trump’s tweet on this, maybe will be an AB inspired tweet

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

If Mason said anything I would guess he said get off of me you fat piece of shit.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    waiting for Trump’s tweet on this, maybe will be an AB inspired tweet
    I hope Mason don't get Impeach over all this.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Not trying to bring up race but there's no way around it, why does ANY dispute between a white and black player always have to come down to race baiting and race card pulling? This shit is fucking old and Garrett must think we're all either 5 years old or a bunch of fools. Grow the fuck up.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

It's a poor excuse, like many people who commit crimes and then try to come up with excuses, there is absolutely no credibility to that. All videos show clearly that the Referee is very close to Rudolph from the beginning of Garrett's late hit, so I'm pretty sure he would've heard it and thrown a flag if Rudolph had said anything.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I’m stealing that!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Cynic that I am I expected this allegation by Garrett might be made, for reasons including it being teed up by Garrett being asked what did Rudolph do to provoke such a mild mannered guy and certain media members speculating what happened.

If he had thrown his lie out immediately at least Kitchens and his teammates could immediately go after Rudolph for saying it.

By waiting until the disciplinary hearing and then saying he understood it would not go public when he raised it at that time the clear impression is he made it up to save his ass.

A lot of the talking heads are reluctant to flat out say he is lying, perhaps because they do not want to be accused of being insensitive to racism

So the slander just sits out there

They asked Baker Mayfield about this, and Baker being Baker replied very honestly:

This is the first that I’m hearing about it.”

Game.
    Set.
    Match.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The league has plenty of audio mix’s around that field. If he said something they would’ve heard it.

Also, if Garrett was that pissed that he took the opportunity to hit someone with a helmet, I’m pretty sure after the game he probably would’ve still been pissed off and came clean then instead of just apologizing for his actions.

He’s a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sadly, it’ll always hang over Rudolph’s head regardless of the truth. As his representation said, it’s s worse act than the actual attack.

Member Array title="Blast Furnace is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The league has plenty of audio mix’s around that field. If he said something they would’ve heard it.

Also, if Garrett was that pissed that he took the opportunity to hit someone with a helmet, I’m pretty sure after the game he probably would’ve still been pissed off and came clean then instead of just apologizing for his actions.

He’s a joke.
    Yep, when I'm that pissed, I swear like a sailor and have absolutely no filter. I would have said exactly what Mason said at the very first opportunity.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Not trying to bring up race but there's no way around it, why does ANY dispute between a white and black player always have to come down to race baiting and race card pulling? This shit is fucking old and Garrett must think we're all either 5 years old or a bunch of fools. Grow the fuck up.
    ^This. Also, notice how quiet the Steelers are about the whole thing now that it's blown over? While Cleveland is selling T-shirts.

I anticipate an absolute curb-stomping in Pittsburgh on Dec 1st.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    ^This. Also, notice how quiet the Steelers are about the whole thing now that it's blown over? While Cleveland is selling T-shirts.

I anticipate an absolute curb-stomping in Pittsburgh on Dec 1st.
    Will be interesting if Browns try to cool it down with the ongoing shots at Rudolph from some defensive players (Baker has been surprisingly candid in a good way) - Kitchens has no control over his team

Steelers need to stay focused on gaining a wildcard berth.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Sadly, it’ll always hang over Rudolph’s head regardless of the truth. As his representation said, it’s s worse act than the actual attack.
    This kid is going to have this dark cloud of accusations hanging over him forever now. Seems to be a Pitt QB trend.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I was against MR pursuing legal action until now, he should sue for slander.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Yeah, I would. Might not make friends within the players association, but that would at least create some motivation from Garrett camp to retract or just say they misremembered.

I honestly think that Garrett lost his mind and then later used this racial slur defense to try and get some sentence reduction by deflecting blame. There is a slight chance and very slight that he heard what he wanted to hear, in the way of a racial slur during the melee, but that doesn't explain not bringing it up until a week later and nobody near the fight, nor on either team hearing the slur.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I honestly think that Garrett lost his mind and then later used this racial slur defense to try and get some sentence reduction by deflecting blame. There is a slight chance and very slight that he heard what he wanted to hear, in the way of a racial slur during the melee, but that doesn't explain not bringing it up until a week later and nobody near the fight, nor on either team hearing the slur.
    Allegedly Team Garrett brought it up just to trash Rudolph

According to one of the people familiar with the accusation made during Wednesday’s hearing, Garrett’s side raised it in an unusual way, referencing the alleged racial slur but saying there was no request being made for it to be considered in Garrett’s defense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...mason-rudolph/

I guess Garrett knows this is what he will be remembered for and wants to take the guy he blames for it happening down with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Agreed - good SI article on that possibility

Could Mason Rudolph Sue Myles Garrett For A Defamatory Statement?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/22/my...mation-slander

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sounds like Garrett’s people threw it out there to place the idea in the heads to create doubt and it now kinda got away from them. It’s a bullshit move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Steelers need to stay focused on gaining a wildcard berth.
    Ok Jim Mora. LMAO

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas