Thread: Le'Veon Says No More Drug Tests

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Le'Veon Says No More Drug Tests

The NFL is about to have a problem with Le'Veon Bell, and it's because Le'Veon Bell has a problem with the NFL. Currently enjoying the first two-game win streak of the New York Jets' otherwise abysmal 2019 season, the All-Pro running back has found his good mood dragged down by what he feels is incessant drug testing by the league.

"[I have] had five 'random' [Human Growth Hormone] blood test in 10 weeks, NFL," Bell wrote in a tweet. "I'm not doing another after today. Whatever y'all looking for -- it obviously ain't there. And I'm not about to keep allowing y'all to stick me with those dirty ass needles. Find the players who really do that H.G.H. b.s. and get off me."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-ones-in-2019/

This season is shot so I am getting high. Getting suspended by refusing another test is even better since I can avoid getting injured for the rest of this wasted season.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Says No More Drug Tests

He has a point though...just like with Harrison. 5 in 10 weeks isn’t really random...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Can't say I blame him.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Can't say I blame him.
    Agreed there is a lot of work being done by “random” in the testing protocols but blame your union for getting clowned on this too in the last CBA negotiations

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So a guy who got suspended multiple times for drug use gets tested more. Cry me a river.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Can't say I blame him.
    His failures in the past make him more likely to get "randoms." I can blame him. Who failed those tests or didn't show up? Him--Bell.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    So a guy who got suspended multiple times for drug use gets tested more. Cry me a river.
    But then it’s not “random”. He should be tested more but don’t say he gets pulled 5 times in 10 weeks out of 2000 players...those odds are a little crazy. Same as when James Harrison got his “ransoms” on a regular basis...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

When Eric Reid went after the "random" testing procedure. His people and the independent testing agent found nothing. Sometimes random is exactly that one dude night never get hit. There is probably someone getting it just as often as Bell and he just does the duty and doesn't run to the press

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

In a joint statement, the league and players union said Wednesday that the accusation that Reid had been subjected to an inordinate number of tests deliberately had been investigated by the administrator of the drug policy and “that Mr. Reid’s tests were randomly generated via computer algorithm and that his selection for testing was normal.”

“There is no evidence of targeting or any other impropriety with respect to his selection for testing,” the joint statement said.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Umm... #1 the headline is misleading. Bell isn't refusing all drug tests, just HGH. #2 Bell was never busted for HGH, just weed. #3 HGH doesn't get you "high", it's a performance enhancing drug.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

What option does he have? Isn't it simply he either takes the test or he doesn't play? I really don't care at this point if he does or doesn't but I agree that he brought it on by doing something the league frowns on by smoking dope. The NFL is sending him a message just as they did with James who was critical of Go to Hell then simply got "Random" test after "Random" test

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I miss when HGH was allowed, you saw shit like Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa knockin balls out the park

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He has a point though...just like with Harrison. 5 in 10 weeks isn’t really random...
    I'd disagree. 10 players are chosen at random per each team, each week. That means Bell has a 1-5 chance every week of being chosen for a drug test. Moreover, that is if he is completely out of the NFL drug program. While in that program, they have the right to test him every week if they want (and that doesn't count against the 10-player-count for random tests). By extension, if any of the other Jets players are in the NFL Drug program, then the chances one player is tested randomly increases.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'd disagree. 10 players are chosen at random per each team, each week.
    So they say...

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'd disagree. 10 players are chosen at random per each team, each week. That means Bell has a 1-5 chance every week of being chosen for a drug test. Moreover, that is if he is completely out of the NFL drug program. While in that program, they have the right to test him every week if they want (and that doesn't count against the 10-player-count for random tests). By extension, if any of the other Jets players are in the NFL Drug program, then the chances one player is tested randomly increases.
    5 in 10 weeks is much better odds than 1 out of 10 over a 17 week period. Also if he’s in a program of sorts, that’s not random.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    5 in 10 weeks is much better odds than 1 out of 10 over a 17 week period. Also if he’s in a program of sorts, that’s not random.
    Not sure which way you mean this . . . but, the odds anyone in the NFL being tested is 1 out of 5 every week. Or, 1 player out of every five players will be tested. And true, in a program = not random. Which isn't an issue to me. Along that note, let's say a team has five players in the program. That then changes the 1/5 odds for the other players to 1/4.5 odds of being picked as the program players are not part of the ten players being chosen each week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Monty Hall problem anyone?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk