Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feel free to disagree, but Rudolph remains a quality QB prospect

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Feel free to disagree, but Rudolph remains a quality QB prospect

If Mason couldn’t play well with Juju a DJ in there, I have a hard time seeing him shining this week. Plus with everything going on... on the road... he’s gonna be booed by the crowd and called a racist...

We’ll see how mentally tough he really is.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Interesting that you mention Aikman. I hear Aikman articulate well on the broadcast, what I think Rudolph's main issue is. Aikman said "he tends to get heavy feet in the pocket" and that his feet don't follow where he is throwing to. Troy and his NFL QB experience explained that Rudolph gets his feet in cement and doesn't move them towards his receivers as he goes thru progressions. That has been my point since he was drafted, in that he ends up throwing with mostly arm and off base when he doesn't move his feet.

IMO, he can have all the attitude and mental toughness he wants, but if he doesn't fix his footwork, he will throw inaccurate footballs, lose the confidence to throw in tight windows and not be an efficient passer of the football.
    Spot on!!!

As I’ve stated in numerous threads (maybe even this thread)...

Rudolph now: doesn’t turn his feet, doesn’t step into his throws

Rudolph in the future: turns his feet, steps into his throws

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Spot on!!!

As I’ve stated in numerous threads (maybe even this thread)...

Rudolph now: doesn’t turn his feet, doesn’t step into his throws

Rudolph in the future: turns his feet, steps into his throws
    I need more specifics about the future. When will Mason start doing this? And more importantly, what are the next winning power ball numbers gonna be? ��

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I need more specifics about the future. When will Mason start doing this? And more importantly, what are the next winning power ball numbers gonna be? ��
    Week 3 of the 2020 season.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Week 3 of the 2020 season.

4 8 15 16 23 42
    Well that’s totally worthless. We’ll have Ben back by then. I need Mason to be great this year!

But I guess I’ll care a little less if I’m rich. But probably not. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Well that’s totally worthless. We’ll have Ben back by then. I need Mason to be great this year!

But I guess I’ll care a little less if I’m rich. But probably not. Lol
    RUDOLPH:
    That would be too convenient.

No, what will happen is that Rudolph ekes out a few more victories this season (maybe even a playoff win)... but, he looks mediocre doing so. That will leave the Steelers with a quandary: “Do we find Ben’s replacement or not???”

Then, Ben’s recovery doesn’t go according to plan. In turn, Rudolph is slated as the Opening Day starter. Steelers fans lose their minds!!! Rudolph ekes our two victories while looking mediocre... and then... in Game 3, the light goes on. Voila!!!

Of course, despite Rudolph playing very well, the fact that it took him “over a season” to develop will forever be held against him.

Yaa, he winned four Lombartees for da Stillers, but remember when he suckted for a year!?!

LOTTERY:
    You’ll be rich. You’ll own Mr. Cluck’s. You’re girlfriend will end up being in a mental institution. And, you’ll be trapped in an island (and yet, never lose any weight).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

At some point in your scenario, the point will be brought up that giving up a first round pick that could’ve been used on a QB was a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    At some point in your scenario, the point will be brought up that giving up a first round pick that could’ve been used on a QB was a terrible idea.
    Minkah could retire as a Steeler with 95 career INTs... and some Steelers fans would still complain about that trade. SMFH

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Minkah could retire as a Steeler with 95 career INTs... and some Steelers fans would still complain about that trade. SMFH
    Yep. It’s going to happen...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Ben was a top pick and has been the catalyst to a 15 year run of winning and excellence....yet many still claim he is an underachiever and that he isn't nearly as good as a handful of other quarterbacks. They find fault with the way he has done it. With what he says. With relationships he has had with coaches...with players. With the way he lived and lives his life. They say he is greedy and makes too much money. They say he isn't a great leader. They have been saying he's washed up for almost 10 years now. That he's not clutch anymore. They say he never worked hard on his craft. They say that he only plays so that he can compile stats at the expense of winning. They said that current quarterbacks would be as good as him if they just got a chance to play. They said it's time for him to step aside...to retire.

There is no pleasing some people. They can't just accept something good or great for what it is. They always need to qualify why they aren't good enough or that they aren't worth what they are getting paid. They are always searching for someone better, no matter the position they play, the level of coach that they are, or at what level of management they currently sit. These people are never happy.

There will always be an element of the fanbase that will never be completely satisfied with anything......and I mean anything.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Cool Re: Feel free to disagree, but Rudolph remains a quality QB prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Tomlin isn't going to replace Mason unless he gets injured. It's the right thing to do and a waste of energy to think otherwise. Let's see where Mason is at at seasons end. He'll end up a starter or solid backup in the future imo
    How's that crow taste?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

He got the dreaded “B” word today.

The kid is all done, sadly. No, he is not a quality QB prospect.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I would trade him straight up for Dobbs in a heart beat

if only we could ( deadline has passed )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    How's that crow taste?
    Lmao, awesome!

I would trade him straight up for Dobbs in a heart beat

if only we could ( deadline has passed )
    I said that a few weeks ago...Dobbs would at the very least scramble or get out of the collapsing pocket...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He isn't a franchise QB but I think he could still be serviceable player in a better offense. As long as they don't have adequate receivers and as long as Fichtner remains more QBs will struggle and be tossed aside

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Never was a fan. He sucks. Duck is better. Not that much better, but better and should start.

- - - Updated - - -

How's that crow taste?

Like a win? I think Tomlin made this move to cover his @ss incase we lost to an 0-10 team on the road. Rudolph should have been pulled earlier.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

They’re having fun in Cleveland.
    Tailgating fans took turns bashing a Rudolph piñata before today’s game.
    They’ll probably do the same next week but may have to fight off Steelers fans who want to take a swing.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Never was a fan. He sucks. Duck is better. Not that much better, but better and should start.

- - - Updated - - -

Like a win? I think Tomlin made this move to cover his @ss incase we lost to an 0-10 team on the road. Rudolph should have been pulled earlier.
    He made the move because it needed to be made. Probably one game sooner. Mason doesn't have it and it didn't appear that he was getting it any time soon. He's the same player he was when he took over for Ben. Hasn't made any improvements. 0 mobility and 0 pocket presence. He's a turnover waiting to happen. I'm glad he is done.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

The move today probably saved the win today, which was a much needed win. A 9-7 playoff birth would be a significant over achievement for this group with all the key injuries and departures. That is still in play although 8-8 seems more likely.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Interesting that you mention Aikman. I hear Aikman articulate well on the broadcast, what I think Rudolph's main issue is. Aikman said "he tends to get heavy feet in the pocket" and that his feet don't follow where he is throwing to. Troy and his NFL QB experience explained that Rudolph gets his feet in cement and doesn't move them towards his receivers as he goes thru progressions. That has been my point since he was drafted, in that he ends up throwing with mostly arm and off base when he doesn't move his feet.

IMO, he can have all the attitude and mental toughness he wants, but if he doesn't fix his footwork, he will throw inaccurate footballs, lose the confidence to throw in tight windows and not be an efficient passer of the football.
    Agree. You can easily see that when he tries to stand in the pocket and make throws over linemen in his face, instead of sliding to a better position. He's on his toes or has a white men can't jump pass.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    They’ll probably do the same next week but may have to fight off Steelers fans who want to take a swing.
    They should be Idolizing Rudolph, his horrible QBing is what won them the game

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They should be Idolizing Rudolph, his horrible QBing is what won them the game
    Well, Sheldon Richardson said something like, “I hope he plays. Did you see him last game?”

So I think it’s more like they love to hate Rudolph at this point.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

How's that crow taste?
    You seem happy that Rudolph didn’t play well. There are folks like that here you know. They would rather a Steeler player fail or the team lose just to prove they were right and they don’t show up until that player fails or the team loses.

You also seem to have a problem that I don’t agree with you.

My support for Rudolph is based on a R3 QB that has the tools but needs work. He was cast into a whirl wind and if you add the wack he took to his head and the Browns shit show it’s understandable he hasn’t improved. I think Tomlin’s plan was to play Rudolph until the seasons end. Mason didn’t show any signs of improvement Sunday, so he was benched. I don’t think the benching was just because of his play tho. I don’t think Tomlin wants to play him against the Browns for various reasons and I can agree with that move. I still believe Rudolph will be back on the field this season. I think he has two more years on his rookie contract and still think he will be a starter or solid backup in the NFL.

Boswell was one of the best kickers in the NFL. He hit a bump in the road last season and most here wanted to shitcan him without knowing what the problem was. It’s really good the Steelers don’t listen to us or follow the “Game Day Thread”

Last edited by Shoes; 11-25-2019 at 06:11 PM.

For me, that all depends on what happens with the QB situation. If we end up with the 1980s Steelers, then there will always be a part of me that will be upset with the trade. However. If Ben comes back and has two or three more good years, or if we someone grab a very good QB in the draft or from free agency, I'll be good with it. For his part, however, Minkah has more than justified the trade for him.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

People need to keep all of this in perspective.

Look....Rudolph was terrible....There's no way around that. He has certainly regressed over the last few games.

Just to put things in perspective....Did anyone watch the 49ers destroy the Packers last night?

Aaron Rodgers was 20-33 for 104 yards and got sacked 5 times. His coach took him out of the game late because he was trying to protect him.

Rudolph played better against the 49ers than Aaron Rodgers did!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I work with a lot of Browns fans. I told them it was a bad look for their team. most of them agreed, but there is always the few that don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

I work with a lot of Browns fans. I told them it was a bad look for their team. most of them agreed, but there is always the few that don't get it.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

He made the move because it needed to be made. Probably one game sooner. Mason doesn't have it and it didn't appear that he was getting it any time soon. He's the same player he was when he took over for Ben. Hasn't made any improvements. 0 mobility and 0 pocket presence. He's a turnover waiting to happen. I'm glad he is done.
    Spot on. Rudolph was very lucky for two defensive scores and lots of turnovers in the games he played. A reason the Steelers won game with him at QB. Without a defensive scores or being on the plus side of turnovers and our, he's struggle even more.

He does nothing well, and quite frankly other rookie QB's ( including ours ) and 2nd year Quarterbacks look better. I'd trade him after the season for a 5th round pick...if we could be that lucky. His NFL ceiling is very low.