Thread: Pirates fire a championship manager.. (IDIOTS)

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Pirates fire a championship manager.. (IDIOTS)

MIAMI -- The Pirates are not discussing why they fired a minor-league manager who just won a championship, but a source said this morning it was because of a failure to follow the team's prescribed development programs.
    Late Wednesday night, the team told Matt Walbeck, manager of the Class AA Altoona Curve team that won the Eastern League two weeks ago, that he would not be retained. Walbeck, 40, was named that league's manager of the year, his fourth manager-of-the-year honor in various capacities over six years

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10273/1091...#ixzz112ZENyrs

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Pirates fire a championship manager.. (IDIOTS)

He just didn't fit in with the Pirates. Competance and Winning is just cramping their style.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Only the Pirates...

The Curve won the freaking Eastern League championship. What possible "development program" didn't Walbeck follow? I swear to God, for every one step forward this organization takes, they take 3 steps back. I'm afraid to find out what else they can do to further entrench themselves as the laughingstock of all of professional sports.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Par for the course for these douche bag owners

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

Walbeck must have stepped on (C)untington's little pee pee and hurt his feelings.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
    Walbeck must have stepped on (C)untington's little pee pee and hurt his feelings.
    It just proves the idiots don't care about winning at ALL.

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

I just can't believe that they gave that jagoff an extension. He should have been the one packing his bags.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Wow just wow. What idiots fire a manager who just won a championship. This makes me have less respect for the Pirates management. This just pisses me off so much.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    What possible "development program" didn't Walbeck follow?
    Whatever it is, it's likely Walbeck wasn't a "yes man" in the Pirates Organization. Perhaps he went against Nutcase or his stooge Huntington's ideas that lead to losing and won. That's the only thing I take from this.

The "development program" with the Pirates is Losing and taking the cheap way out. Showing effort and winning is just not acceptable.