Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers A No-Show at Colin Kaepernick's Circus/Workout

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers A No-Show at Colin Kaepernick's Circus/Workout

More than two dozen teams sent high-level representatives to Atlanta on Saturday to watch former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick do a private workout hosted by the league. One of the teams that did not send a representative — according to beat writer Joe Rutter — are the Pittsburgh Steelers.

You might have thought Pittsburgh would at least do their due diligence and have someone at the workout. With Ben Roethlisberger out for the season, Pittsburgh is getting by with Mason Rudolph and behind him Devlin Hodges.

Source: https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Steelers A No-Show at Colin Kaepernick's Circus/Workout

We already rid ourselves of a circus why invite another one

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He warmed up in a Kunte Kinte shirt. What a douche hat.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good, glad they are being smart and not acting desperately. Kaep isn't a good NFL QB and all he cares about is media attention

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is all hilarious. Just everyone involved is absolutely ridiculous.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Patriots will sign him.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    One PR stunt deserves another

After 3 years NFL suddenly decides to tell Kaepernick show up in Atlanta this Saturday for a tryout - then after milking the PR from that the NFL bars the media from the workout so Kaepernick moves the workout to a high school field a hour’s drive away from the original site at the Falcons facility to let the media watch

Everyone involved in this circus is a clown

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I heard AB has the same shirt.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Patriots will sign him.
    possibly, i mean they kicked the tires on tebow and kaep is better between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    possibly, i mean they kicked the tires on tebow and kaep is better between the two
    They was one of the teams mention on Thursday suppose to show up. Don't know if they did or not today.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

That right there should tell owners to pass. More drama from the anti-American.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I agree Arch!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

What makes it worse is he was adopted and raised by two white parents, handed the world and then pulled this shit. The guy has NEVER been oppressed one day of his life. The poorest of poor in this country still live better than most people in the world. There is EVERY opportunity to succeed in this country no matter what you look like. I'm so tired of this nonsense. V oter suppression, oppression, racism ... give me a break this isn't 1965, it's 2019 and anyone can vote, have a voice and racism is no where near what it was during the 1960's even though the media wants you to think that because all they care about are viewers, clicks and $$$$.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

All Colin Kaepernick cares about is attention. He just wants for people to talk about him that's it. The venue change was a convenient way to add drama and of course he wouldn't workout without cameras in front of him. Interesting thing is, Kaepernick didn't start his protests after there was uproar about the Trayvon Martin decision in 2013, of course then he was coming off an appearance in the Super Bowl and was receiving attention and hype for that. He didn't start his protests in 2014 following Michael Brown decision and the uproar over that with chants of "Hands up don't shoot". Of course back then Kaepernick had just signed a massive contract and media people were hyping him up as a promising young QB who could help lead the 49ers into the future. Nope his protests started when he was about to be benched in favor of Blaine F-ing Gabbert and in danger of becoming completely irrelevant as an NFL QB, a couple years after his short lived 1.5 years of success. With the protests the spotlight was back on him. The guy's an attention hound. I don't want that on my team

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

He warmed up in a Kunte Kinte shirt.
    Seriously? Good grief.

Yep, I guess he did. SMH.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His best passes looked average at best. Took a bit long to arrive and receivers had to slow to catch it...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I guess we learned our lesson that toxic players of questionable mental stability are just not worth it, no matter how talented they are.

Glad to see the Steelers believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Seriously? Good grief.

Yep, I guess he did. SMH.

He's a fucking idiot. No job in 3 years, gets a call to work out for 24 teams and he wears some political bullshit that screams "I'm still a loud mouth distraction that will turn your franchise into a circus then I'm going to sue you for something when you cut me."
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

And they filmed a new Nike commercial during all this. Made the NFL agree to allowing Nike to release the names of the teams that showed up.

Idiots at the NFL for even starting this and I'm sure they had some intention to use it later in a court case.

He got over in the NFL used them to re bolster his media and get him back on page one. His people played Goodell

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Exactly !! Damn bastard needs to team up with A.Brown and just GO AWAY !!!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    All Colin Kaepernick cares about is attention. He just wants for people to talk about him that's it. The venue change was a convenient way to add drama and of course he wouldn't workout without cameras in front of him. Interesting thing is, Kaepernick didn't start his protests after there was uproar about the Trayvon Martin decision in 2013, of course then he was coming off an appearance in the Super Bowl and was receiving attention and hype for that. He didn't start his protests in 2014 following Michael Brown decision and the uproar over that with chants of "Hands up don't shoot". Of course back then Kaepernick had just signed a massive contract and media people were hyping him up as a promising young QB who could help lead the 49ers into the future. Nope his protests started when he was about to be benched in favor of Blaine F-ing Gabbert and in danger of becoming completely irrelevant as an NFL QB, a couple years after his short lived 1.5 years of success. With the protests the spotlight was back on him. The guy's an attention hound. I don't want that on my team
    And the fucked up thing about our horrible lying media is the Micheal Brown and Trayvin Martin cases were aboth built on a lie that the media plastered all over the airwaves, internet, and in print without lifting a journalistic finger to verify the stories.

So which of the seven teams in attendance signed him?

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    His mini success was rather hilarious.
    In that time span (actually during his first 7ish games) ESPN did an article saying BEST PLAYER WEARING X NUMBER one was obviously 7 and they picked Kaepernick over Ben.
    Guess they got that one wrong lol

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Heard he was offered a full scholarship to the best Clown College in America.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Heard he was offered a full scholarship to the best Clown College in America.
    This guy could teach classes.

Let’s be honest, he’s better than some second or third string guys but the circus created around him by his own actions just nullifies any of it...lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I am not sure what it says about the NFL, but I find it noteworthy that the same league that will excuse domestic abusers, alcoholics, drug addicts, dog fighters, violent offenders, steroid users, and murderers has an inability to cope with one person loudly expressing opinions that run counter to their own. I always wondered where the line would be with what owners and the league would put up with if a guy could play (even a little bit) and I think we found it.

This is not an attempt to rise to the defense of Kaepernick. I just find it all darkly humorous and can not believe how seriously upset and agitated folks on all sides of this issue get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I am not sure what it says about the NFL, but I find it noteworthy that the same league that will excuse domestic abusers, alcoholics, drug addicts, dog fighters, violent offenders, steroid users, and murderers has an inability to cope with one person loudly expressing opinions that run counter to their own. I always wondered where the line would be with what owners and the league would put up with if a guy could play (even a little bit) and I think we found it.

This is not an attempt to rise to the defense of Kaepernick. I just find it all darkly humorous and can not believe how seriously upset and agitated folks on all sides of this issue get.
    Yeah he should have gotten drunk and kicked some girl instead, maybe the Browns would sign him

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

The Shield does not want to be linked to ANYTHING perceived as being Anti-American/Anti-USA.

All of the other infractions you mentioned are eventually forgotten.

Ray Lewis is a network hero now...no need to say more.