Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

The NFL has levied its punishment for Thursday night's altercation between the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers, and the penalties are significant.

The league suspended Browns defensive end Myles Garrett without pay indefinitely, adding that at minimum Garrett will miss the regular season and postseason as a result of his actions in the conflict, which included violations "of unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct rules, as well as fighting, removing the helmet of an opponent and using the helmet as a weapon," per a statement from NFL senior VP of communications Michael Signora. Garrett also was fined an additional amount for his actions Thursday night.

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games without pay and fined an additional amount for his actions, which included "punching and kicking an opponent." Pouncey is expected to appeal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. He would miss Pittsburgh's second meeting with Cleveland this season if the suspension is upheld.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...d-indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

Both teams also fined 250k each...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Didn't Garrett make a few of these statements in the past?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Pouncey can work on his snaps with all that free time he has.

Pouncey suspension is a little excessive. While the intent was there with the kick, he didn’t connect. 2 games max imo.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Pouncey suspension is a little excessive. While the intent was there with the kick, he didn’t connect. 2 games max imo.
    He will quietly get it reduced on appeal. The NFL does this all the time. Hands out immediate BIG headline grabbing suspensions. Dudes appeal and after the media has moved on, the ban gets reduced a game or two.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Watching the backlash (real or fake) building against Rudolph on this from contrarians is going to be a side show

This from the Saints DL who said before the Steelers game last season that Ben is not a HOF QB and Eli is better

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Cam Jordan is a clown.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Postseason? LOL. The Browns won't be playing in the postseason.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

They will manage to somehow lose to the Bungals which will ruin the Bungals first overall pick and keep the Browns out of the postseason.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The shitstains become as much of a garbage organization as the Bungals and Purple Rats

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The shitstains become as much of a garbage organization as the Bungals and Purple Rats
    Umm-m-m...I think not. I don’t think there is much comparison between the Bengals, Browns and the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I'm not sure how you can put the Ravens in the category of garbage organization. They may be our prime rivals, and you may not like them, but they do have a well run organization.

I respect the Ravens........whereas I have not respected the Brown and Bengals much over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Umm-m-m...I think not. I don’t think there is much comparison between the Bengals, Browns and the Ravens.
    I absolutely agree. How many fights have there been between the Ravens and the Steelers? Yet, not once has a Ravens player taken a weapon of any type, be it even a shoe, and start swinging it at the exposed head of a player for the Steelers. There's been several hits that looked a little cheap, but that was on both sides, and it was part of the game.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

I may be alone with this option but i believe Mason Rudolph should have been suspended for 1 game. Rudolph wasn't exactly innocent in this whole fiasco. I'm not condoning what Garrett did but i see it this way. When your 2 children get into a fight you can't just punish the child who won the fight, you need to punish both.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

In general, the Ravens and Steelers engage in controlled violence. Bengals and Browns engage in uncontrolled mayhem.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Hmmm well the Bungles was definitely an organizational thing and they went as far as defending what Burfect and others did.

At least the Browns organization has apologized to Mason for what Garrett did but without any actions on their part it is just words. So with that consideration I will hold off putting them in the same category as the shitty bungles. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    I may be alone with this option but i believe Mason Rudolph should have been suspended for 1 game. Rudolph wasn't exactly innocent in this whole fiasco. I'm not condoning what Garrett did but i see it this way. When your 2 children get into a fight you can't just punish the child who won the fight, you need to punish both.
    You are right that Rudolph wasn't innocent. However, nothing he did warrants a suspension for a first offense. I put that italics because to me, that's the key. There is a schedule of fines and on that schedule is a first-offense fighting fine. That should be applied to Mason. Moreover, that should also have been applied to Garrett up to the point where he swung the helmet. To use your analogy, if your two children are fighting, they both get an equal punishment. But, what do you do when one of the children picks up a hammer and swings it at the other, and it glances off the head rather than hitting him full-on? Do you still punish the two to the same degree, or do you punish the one who escalated the fight to a place where there is a legitimate danger of loss of life or limb? And, in the fight last night, that's what Garrett did. Had that helmet connected, with the force he swung it, it could have caused permanent damage. That's why his punishment is so much more. Again, had that swinging helmet not happened, I would be in complete agreement with you.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    You mean Earl Thomas' launching himself into Rudolph's head to knock him out? Or one of them players choking out OBJ earlier in the year? Or we can back to the way that organization stood up for Ray Rice after he knocked his girlfriend out and only meekly backed out after everyone else saw the video? Or even back to 08 when the Ravens practically admitted to placing bounties on the Steelers (and getting away with it).

You mean Earl Thomas' launching himself into Rudolph's head to knock him out? Or one of them players choking out OBJ earlier in the year? Or we can back to the way that organization stood up for Ray Rice after he knocked his girlfriend out and only meekly backed out after everyone else saw the video? Or even back to 08 when the Ravens practically admitted to placing bounties on the Steelers (and getting away with it).
    You're confusing result with intent. Was every hit Hines Ward put on a Ravens' player done with intention to knock them out? Was his hit on the Bengal player done with the intent to break his jaw? No and No. The same is true with Earl Thomas. Unless there is legitimate evidence that separates his act from those of Hines Ward and others. (There's not).

Was it an illegal play? yes. But, if wanted to hurt Mason, he would have come at him entirely different. Head down (not up), launch earlier for a better trajectory, more coil in his body for a better launch, and so on.

As for other incidents. We don't have any of them on the Steelers, right?

Dan Rooney didn't stand up for James Harrisons' hitting the mother of his son by saying it was somehow less wrong because Harrison was picking up the son to take him to his baptism, right?

This organization didn't stick by Ben after 2 very separate accusations of rape. Right?

The Steelers aren't the ONLY AFCN team to have had legitimate fights with every other team in the AFCN in the last two years or so, right?

(Of course, there's legitimate excuses or reasons for all of those, right?)

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    You're confusing result with intent. Was every hit Hines Ward put on a Ravens' player done with intention to knock them out? Was his hit on the Bengal player done with the intent to break his jaw? No and No. The same is true with Earl Thomas. Unless there is legitimate evidence that separates his act from those of Hines Ward and others. (There's not).

Was it an illegal play? yes. But, if wanted to hurt Mason, he would have come at him entirely different. Head down (not up), launch earlier for a better trajectory, more coil in his body for a better launch, and so on.

As for other incidents. We don't have any of them on the Steelers, right?

Dan Rooney didn't stand up for James Harrisons' hitting the mother of his son by saying it was somehow less wrong because Harrison was picking up the son to take him to his baptism, right?

This organization didn't stick by Ben after 2 very separate accusations of rape. Right?

The Steelers aren't the ONLY AFCN team to have had legitimate fights with every other team in the AFCN in the last two years or so, right?

(Of course, there's legitimate excuses or reasons for all of those, right?)
    Spot on.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

In 2 weeks, I hope the Steelers come at the Browns like it's 1979, you know what I'm saying? Juju owes somebody a peelback block

Scoreboard is all that matters. Blow them out. That's more meaningful.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yep don't sink to their level and beat them that most likely will end their season. That will be payback!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    You had fun with that didn’t you.?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Two weeks from tomorrow should be entertaining.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So Myles Garrett is now claiming that Mason Rudolph used a racial slur at him.

Where was this "argument" last week?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So Myles Garrett is now claiming that Mason Rudolph used a racial slur at him.

Where was this "argument" last week?

A “journalist” from ESPN sent out a tweet right after the melee, that she subsequently took down, that stated an all around great guy like Garrett could only have gone off if Mason said something terrible with what I took to be the implication it would have been racially motivated

At the time I posted it was in Garrett’s interest to roll with the accusation Mason lit the fuse by saying something horrible whether true or not

Now the social justice warriors engaged in the legacy of struggle are going to be coming after Mason without asking why Garrett waited until this week to make his allegation or wondering who might have fed Garrett this suggested line