Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

Even if Rudolph called him the worst possible thing you could think of...still doesn’t warrant a helmet to the head...lol.

And Bro...7 days to come up with that excuse? Should’ve lied the night of. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out the truth...they have mics everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Seems to be an assessment by the league office of how credible Garrett’s playing of the race card was

Thoughtful (as usual) response by AV

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Browns DE Myles Garrett Suspended Indefinitely; Maurkice Pouncey Suspended 3 Games

Pouncey being reduced was the right thing. Don’t think it should’ve been two games though. Still think it should’ve been one but the league probably doesn’t want him involved in the next game...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Seems to be an assessment by the league office of how credible Garrett’s playing of the race card was

Total punk move by Garrett. I used to respect the guy as a player but now I think he's total trash as a person. F him

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah Garrett is POS doing anything & saying crap that is not true trying to save his butt. Guess what? DID NOT WORK!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Immediately thought after the incident that this would get raised at some point. It was an obvious way out for Garrett. Kinda surprising it didn't get floated earlier.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

League calls bullshit on Garrett

If he got THAT HOT over Rudolph using a “racial slur” that he would try to conk him in the head with a helmet then he would’ve still been pissed after the game and would’ve said that’s why he did it...yet nothing...lol.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Wow, Garrett has now resorted to race-baiting. Unbelievable.

Frankly the hate Mason Rudolph is getting from the media and other Steeler haters is ridiculous. I guarantee you if Garrett did that to a media darling QB like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson or the newest Golden Boy Jackson, there would be no such hate on the QB it would be all on Garrett. But since it's a Steelers QB, then the biased media and irrational steeler haters come out in full force to bash on Rudolph, seriously it's disgusting. Marlon Humphrey of the Ratbirds didn't get 1/10th the backlash for literally choking out OBJ, but I guess poking at the Steelers is more fun.

At least this is flushing out the reason some folks think Rudolph should have been suspended

On PTI Michael Wilbon refused to say whether Garrett was lying about the alleged racial slur.

Tony Kornheiser (who contends if Rudolph had said that it would have leaked before today) then knew how to push Wilbon’s buttons and asked what if, hypothetically, it would have been a black QB that directed that racial slur at Garrett. Wilbon, who said last week Rudolph should have been suspended and hinted at an improper motive for that not happening, replied that it would not be a slur if a black QB directed that word at Garrett then showed his cards by adding if it had been a black QB who tangled with Garrett last week that QB would have been suspended.

So now the Rudolph-Garrett story has landed at its destination to be about More Than The Game and a chance for everyone with an ax to grind to join the fun

Roger and his pals in the league office no doubt thrilled Garrett has poured gasoline on a fire that was dying out

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Hope this all makes Rudolph play better....

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Hope this all makes Rudolph play better....
    I hope this makes the Steelers play better

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

If this were even remotely the truth there is no way the Browns would have issued a public apology to Mason. I call B.S.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

At least this is flushing out the reason some folks think Rudolph should have been suspended

On PTI Michael Wilbon refused to say whether Garrett was lying about the alleged racial slur.

Tony Kornheiser (who contends if Rudolph had said that it would have leaked before today) then knew how to push Wilbon’s buttons and asked what if, hypothetically, it would have been a black QB that directed that racial slur at Garrett. Wilbon, who said last week Rudolph should have been suspended and hinted at an improper motive for that not happening, replied that it would not be a slur if a black QB directed that word at Garrett then showed his cards by adding if it had been a black QB who tangled with Garrett last week that QB would have been suspended.

So now the Rudolph-Garrett story has landed at its destination to be about More Than The Game and a chance for everyone with an ax to grind to join the fun

Roger and his pals in the league office no doubt thrilled Garrett has poured gasoline on a fire that was dying out

How dare Rudolph have his head in an area where Garrett was tempted to hit him on his melon with the helmet HE took off of his head! Rudolph needs to knock that shit off. That...is completely unacceptable!

Garrett plays Whack a Mole featuring Rudolph's head with a contrived racial excuse that surfaces days after the event. I'm not buying it. Everything about this claim feels fraudulent.

If there was any evidence at all that Rudolph did say something, it would have surfaced and he would deserve any punishment that came his way. There is no place for that crap anywhere, anytime, or by anyone. For the NFL to totally dismiss it after looking into it means that not a single person heard anything at all to back up what Garrett is saying. You know Garrett would be saying things during the act that would at least tell everyone that something like that may have happened. For nobody to hear anything from Garrett that would at least make them believe that something was said is damning IMO.

The sad part about Garrett making this claim is that some people will believe it and it will cause more unrest and hatred to fester. The other thing is that when people play the race card when it is a complete fabrication, it could potentially lessen the impact of real claims because it puts more doubt in people's minds on the motives of the accusations....which is a shame. What should be seen as a truly disgusting act by a racist coward could get diminished because some desperate scumbag makes a false claim in an attempt to save his ass from his own despicable actions to avoid punishment and to justify said act.

Garrett's actions and false claims don't help anyone in any way.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

In the “made for tv” movie, Myles Garrett will be played by Jussie Smollett.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Garrett is a dirtbag. NFL football is really losing its luster with me more and more every year. The sports news is sounding just like cable news and who in the hell wants to listen to that. People have a way of abusing words. After 911, everyone was a “hero”. If you were in the military it was and is “thank you for your service” I don’t know how many calls I got from people me trying to sell me something by first saying “thank you for your service”. I tell them save your breath, I don’t need thanked for something I decided to do and besides that I’m not buying what your selling. And the racial thing has been used to death by everything that has breath and is as dry as last years birds nest. I think I'm getting old.
    Last edited by Shoes; 11-21-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Garrett is a dirtbag. NFL football is really losing its luster with me more and more every year. The sports news is sounding just like cable news and who in the hell wants to listen to that. People have a way of abusing words. After 911, everyone was a “hero”. If you were in the military it was and is “thank you for your service” I don’t know how many calls I got from people me trying to sell me something by first saying “thank you for your service”. I tell them save your breath, I don’t need thanked for something I decided to do and besides that I’m not buying what your selling. And the racial thing has been used to death by everything that has breath and is as dry as last years birds nest. I think I'm getting old.

I still remember that sick feeling I got when I heard what Richie Incognito was doing to another player, and thinking about why others were allowing it to happen. People that back up these pricks when they do unspeakable things are almost as bad as the perps themselves. Bad behavior needs to be called out and bad people need to be admonished for their actions. Enabling scumbags by standing behind them when they cross the line is plain wrong. Other players need to make them own up to shit and stop protecting them.

I know it's difficult in football when everything about the sport screams "unity". They're drilled with that concept from day one, and locker rooms can get divided very quickly. I understand that. But all this bravado and posturing by these guys, yet so many don't have the guts to do or say what's right.

I also don’t want a lawsuit from Rudolph so I needed to post this vague explanation of what I thought I heard come out of Rudolph’s mouth.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I also don’t want a lawsuit from Rudolph so I needed to post this vague explanation of what I thought I heard come out of Rudolph’s mouth.
    He didn’t say what he “thought” he heard, but what “I know I heard.” He needs sued and frankly the assault charges picked back up.