Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Gets Suspended?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Who Gets Suspended?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Who Gets Suspended?

Garrett for 4
    Ogybogjobyi for 2
    Pouncey for 1

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Garrett-season
    Ogybog -2
    Pouncey -2

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Garrett for 4
    Ogybogjobyi for 2
    Pouncey for 1
    Garrett should be gone for the season. And while I know they probably have to give Pouncey a game suspension, really he was only doing his job of protecting his QB.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Garrett should be gone for the season. And while I know they probably have to give Pouncey a game suspension, really he was only doing his job of protecting his QB.
    Agreed. But I'm just trying to guess what random conclusion the NFL is gonna land on.

Agreed. But I'm just trying to guess what random conclusion the NFL is gonna land on.
    I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Agreed but David Decastro had Garrett pinned on the ground and Pouncey was taking swings and kicking him (Garrett). Garrett was wielding that helmet as a weapon, he's in deep shit.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Garrett-season
    Ogybog -2
    Pouncey -2
    This is what I think too. I totally support Pouncey and DeCastro coming to his aid, but the NFL just isn't going to tolerate this kind of stuff. I think Garrett should be gone for life IMO. But I may be overreacting.

Agreed but David Decastro had Garrett pinned on the ground and Pouncey was taking swings and kicking him (Garrett). Garrett was welding that helmet as a weapon, he's in deep shit.
    I didn't catch that. Well, it's a damn shame anyway you look at it.

They may throw a game Rudolphs way as well.

Could be, that has crossed my mind and probably will if Garrett is out for the season.

So Haynesworth got 5. Burfict got 12. So maybe the rest of the regular season?

The entire year for wielding a helmet as a weapon, absolutely.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

IMO Myles was trying to drive Rudolph into the ground not just tackle him. What he did is un-defendable. He should be gone for the season but I will be surprised if he gets more than 3 games. I never trust the league to do the right thing. Maybe if there is enough outrage by the press we will see a bit more but again I just don't trust the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    IMO Myles was trying to drive Rudolph into the ground not just tackle him. What he did is un-defendable. He should be gone for the season but I will be surprised if he gets more than 3 games. I never trust the league to do the right thing. Maybe if there is enough outrage by the press we will see a bit more but again I just don't trust the league.
    The helmet swinging will toast him. He would be in jail if it were on the street.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The helmet swinging will toast him. He would be in jail if it were on the street.
    I hope you are right

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Agreed but David Decastro had Garrett pinned on the ground and Pouncey was taking swings and kicking him (Garrett). Garrett was wielding that helmet as a weapon, he's in deep shit.
    DeCastro is the silent enforcer - when Burfict was at his peak DeCastro often had him on the ground

DeCastro being portrayed on NFL Network as trying to defuse situation by getting Garrett on ground to stop the brawl

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    DeCastro is the silent enforcer - when Burfict was at his peak DeCastro often had him on the ground

DeCastro being portrayed on NFL Network as trying to defuse situation by getting Garrett on ground to stop the brawl
    Yes, I think you can see that clearly in the clips.

• Garret will get 2-4 games. It just depends on whether he's had run-ins before. I don't know. My guess is 2, but I hope four or more.
    • Pouncey - 1 Game. Deservedly so. I was good with him throwing punches. You have to defend you man. But the minute he kicked, it went from a monetary judgment to suspension.
    • Rudolph - No suspension. Monetary fine. 12k?? After all, he started the fight. (I know, he was tackled after the play, but then extended the issue thereafter. I don't blame him. In fact, I like seeing him a bit feisty like that and good for him. But he's still going to get fined for retaliating.
    • Pittsburgh Steelers: for impersonating a football team.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

What we watched was unprecedented, therefore at a minimum, Garrett gets the rest of the season. Possibly into next year. I think pouncey was okay until he kicked. Taking swings at a guy wearing a helmet it's just dumb, but the kick probably gets him 4 games. The DL that pushed Mason, maybe 1. The biggest BS part of that was his post game story that he was just backing up his teammate, when all he really did was push the QB down, stand over him and start his own scermish. Weak. Gotta give the biggest props to DeCastro for how he handled it. He just tried to separate the mess and simply took him to the ground after he swung the helmet. Then layed on top of him.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Might be a blessing for the Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I hope you are right
    Said that in the Gameday forum. He is lucky LE is not involved. Dude should be gone for the season at least!

Not comparable. Burfict has a long, LONG history. Haynesworth was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team (4 games) and that was after 3 fines for fighting from the NFL (2 in 09 and in 2010).

Garrett has three fines this year. None last year and none the year before. But, two of his fines were roughing the passer. I think that'll play somewhat into it. However, it is completely incomparable to Burfict and Haynesworth.

So, he took the QB down after the play was over (penalty) Then ripped his helmet off (penalty), and then used it as a weapon (third penalty). The first one will get him a fine. The second one a big fine. That third one is the multiplier. My heart says kick him out for the season. My analytical, Steelers-glasses-off side says 3-6 games.

I'll almost guarantee you he's gone for at least two so he doesn't play the Steelers again. But, my fear is they do the same with Pouncey to make sure.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Yep - There are two former player/talking heads on NFLNetwork postgame playing their role of setting up one side of the fake argument for TV by claiming the true villain is Rudolph for trying to take Garrett’s helmet off after all Garrett did was sack him

The potential wildcard is if Garrett decides to claim he was triggered by Rudolph calling him something awful (e.g. c***sucker, which will require the league office to act on the grounds there is no place for homophobia in the game)

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Yep - There are two former player/talking heads on NFLNetwork postgame playing their role of setting up one side of the fake argument for TV by claiming the true villain is Rudolph for trying to take Garrett’s helmet off after all Garrett did was sack him

The potential wildcard is if Garrett decides to claim he was triggered by Rudolph calling him something awful (e.g. c***sucker, which will require the league office to act on the grounds there is no place for homophobia in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Not comparable. Burfict has a long, LONG history. Haynesworth was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team (4 games) and that was after 3 fines for fighting from the NFL (2 in 09 and in 2010).

Garrett has three fines this year. None last year and none the year before. But, two of his fines were roughing the passer. I think that'll play somewhat into it. However, it is completely incomparable to Burfict and Haynesworth.

So, he took the QB down after the play was over (penalty) Then ripped his helmet off (penalty), and then used it as a weapon (third penalty). The first one will get him a fine. The second one a big fine. That third one is the multiplier. My heart says kick him out for the season. My analytical, Steelers-glasses-off side says 3-6 games.

I'll almost guarantee you he's gone for at least two so he doesn't play the Steelers again. But, my fear is they do the same with Pouncey to make sure.
    He made the mistake of doing it in a nationally televised game rather than a 1 pm broadcast and having Troy Aikman say it is the worst thing he has ever seen, followed by national media piling on

IMO he gets six games which is the rest of the regular season

I mean if he called him something homophobic or racial, he's gonna catch a suspension.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Mason probably gets a fine. I'd say as much as the paycheck he should have forfeited anyway.

He made the mistake of doing it in a nationally televised game rather than a 1 pm broadcast and having Troy Aikman say it is the worst thing he has ever seen, followed by national media piling on

IMO he gets six games which is the rest of the regular season
    That is true. Moreover, check out twitter, a few former and even a current NFL player or two are calling for his suspension. If that gains traction overnight, then Roger protects the shield. He's gone on an indefinite suspension, which means he'll be reinstated in the off season after counseling and consulting of some type.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Here's the thing....if Mason really said something really bad other than some cuss words, don't you think Garrett would have said something afterwards?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg