Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who Gets Suspended?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Who Gets Suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I was speaking more to the fan and media reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Rudy fined more than Garrett?! That’s a joke. What Rudy did happens in every game and never even draws a flag.
    Didn't someone on here explain Garrett is losing money each game he is out suspended ? Why he is not getting fine ?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Didn't someone on here explain Garrett is losing money each game he is out suspended ? Why he is not getting fine ?
    Yeah, Garrett's unpaid suspension plus the $43k fine ends up being about $1.2 million. He definitely gets hit a lot harder.

I think Rudolph could also appeal the amount of his fine if he chooses, because it is proportionally a huge percentage of his salary given that he is on his rookie contract. There is a part of the CBA that says that - if it's been mentioned here already, I apologize, but if not, it's worth knowing and interesting to see if he tries it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Brooks James might have lost his whole check since he was just cut and played one game

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully he can appeal it down. Hate to see these marginal players losing so much money for nonsense. These are the guys struggling fighting to make a roster and making just enough to pay the bills

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I was speaking more to the fan and media reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Rudy fined more than Garrett?! That’s a joke. What Rudy did happens in every game and never even draws a flag.
    Oh.... in that context, I suppose the reaction from the media would be off the charts, especially if it was Brady. The general fan population would also react with a bit more "concern" I would guess.

This whole thing is not a good look across the board for anyone, even for those who's teams weren't involved.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I would have thought coming from the sideline and "entering a fight area" would have cost more.

Nice to see that DeCastro's intent was noticed.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    I would have thought coming from the sideline and "entering a fight area" would have cost more.

Nice to see that DeCastro's intent was noticed.
    DeCastro not pleased

"I can't wait to hear the explanation for trying to break up a fight," he said Wednesday. "But I guess it's some dumb rule in the NFL where you can't be a peacemaker."

DeCastro's total was the fourth-highest individual fine stemming from the altercation. Rudolph received a $50,000 fine, while Garrett was fined $45,623 and center Maurkice Pouncey was fined $35,096

https://es.pn/34ox3UA

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It's stupid to fine Decastro. Mason would be dead if he wasn't where he was. Decastro probably knocked him off balance enough to make that shot at rudolph a non-fatal one

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So DeCastro should just walk away and let Rudolph get clobbered on the head. Just stop, NFL. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    DeCastro not pleased

"I can't wait to hear the explanation for trying to break up a fight," he said Wednesday. "But I guess it's some dumb rule in the NFL where you can't be a peacemaker."

DeCastro's total was the fourth-highest individual fine stemming from the altercation. Rudolph received a $50,000 fine, while Garrett was fined $45,623 and center Maurkice Pouncey was fined $35,096

https://es.pn/34ox3UA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It's stupid to fine Decastro. Mason would be dead if he wasn't where he was. Decastro probably knocked him off balance enough to make that shot at rudolph a non-fatal one
    Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So DeCastro should just walk away and let Rudolph get clobbered on the head. Just stop, NFL. Stop.
    My guess is he is fined for taking Garrett to the ground and holding him there while someone else was punching and kicking him. At that point, he stops being a peacemaker and starts being part of the problem.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    My guess is he is fined for taking Garrett to the ground and holding him there while someone else was punching and kicking him. At that point, he stops being a peacemaker and starts being part of the problem.
    They didnt even include his name in the list of fines so they just chicken shitted their way to fining him. Please, they don't know what they are doing. More monkey throwing darts again.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

That may be how they try to spin it, but DeCastro may have saved the NFL. Garrett was a danger to another human being while attempting to repeatedly hit another human on his unprotected head with a helmet. DeCastro acted to protect Rudolph, helped impede the initial swing of the helmet, and likely stopped more swings as Garrett was attempting to keep swinging. He took him to the ground to stop a potential murder or severe injury on the field. He didn't take him to the ground to hurt Garrett. If he wanted to do that, he would have done it while he was standing up, or hit him himself while he was on the ground. His actions are the definition of an act of protection.

Talk about something being complete and utter bullshit... WTF is wrong with the NFL????

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Go To Hell and his hanchmen have completely lost their ever loving minds with this explanation. The NFL told DeCastro “peacemaking” or coming to aid of a teammate is not considered an excuse for a rules violation.They would rather see the spectral play out and if someone gets killed that would be a bonus? It was clear that DeCastro was simply trying to defuse a bad situation.

I want to see how those in the National media spin this one. Player safety!!
    ! What a f'ing joke The guy who does the right thing fined by the bozos at the league office. .

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Go To Hell and his hanchmen have completely lost their ever loving minds with this explanation. The NFL told DeCastro “peacemaking” or coming to aid of a teammate is not considered an excuse for a rules violation.They would rather see the spectral play out and if someone gets killed that would be a bonus? It was clear that DeCastro was simply trying to defuse a bad situation.

I want to see how those in the National media spin this one. Player safety!!
    ! What a f'ing joke The guy who does the right thing fined by the bozos at the league office. .
    No one will address it...it will just pass by like every other "non-sensical" thing the NFL does...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No one will address it...it will just pass by like every other "non-sensical" thing the NFL does...
    Exactly what I am expecting, but they sure made it a point to say what a great guy Garrett is. I am especially wanting to hear what if anything Fox has to say since they ALL went out of their way to defend the character of Garrett. I aint holding my breath.