Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Gets Suspended?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Who Gets Suspended?

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

I like the sound of "indefinitely". A lot of people don't realize how fragile humans really are. A helmet to the head, by a guy that large and strong, is potentially lethal. Heck, a lot of people are done in by much weaker attacks. It's one thing to hit a guy hard, legally, on the field of play (and a thing we are learning has serious consequences), but after the play...and with a weapon? Come on. That simply cannot be allowed and there is no reason to send anything but the sternest of messages.

He'll be back in a year though.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

What a dumbass though, Garrett was on his way to an all-pro season and he just totally shot that to shit

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Am I going to be the first to say this? Garrett's suspension will RUN INTO next season. He very well may face legal action, too.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    What a dumbass though, Garrett was on his way to an all-pro season and he just totally shot that to shit
    Myles Burfict had some earlier dirty hits this year. Didn't even know about it until late last night

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Am I going to be the first to say this? Garrett's suspension will RUN INTO next season. He very well may face legal action, too.
    I heard a report saying that the Cleveland Police were seen leaving the Browns locker room at some point, you could be right.

A 270 lb man swinging a helmet at someone's head could probably qualify as assault with a deadly weapon

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Looking forward to the hot takes from social justice warriors that Mason did not get a game off

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Looking forward to the hot takes from social justice warriors that Mason did not get a game off
    Maybe they're just people who wanna see Duck Hodges

Maybe they're just people who wanna see Duck Hodges

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

I heard a report saying that the Cleveland Police were seen leaving the Browns locker room at some point, you could be right.

A 270 lb man swinging a helmet at someone's head could probably qualify as assault with a deadly weapon
    His agent tweeted all options are on the table and that they're reviewing everything. And that is definitely more than just assault - assault is simply making a physical threat; battery is following through with it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Noted criminal law expert has some thoughts

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

6 isn't enough. If player safety matters this should be for the season. This was assault, not just a small brawl.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

both organizations fined $250,000 is that basically a slap on the wrist lol

surprised pouncey got more than 1 game but i still defend what he did
    Franchise fines were probably for the bench clearing....

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I mean if he called him something homophobic or racial, he's gonna catch a suspension.
    REALLY? The guys have been doing that since the beginning of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That is true. Moreover, check out twitter, a few former and even a current NFL player or two are calling for his suspension. If that gains traction overnight, then Roger protects the shield. He's gone on an indefinite suspension, which means he'll be reinstated in the off season after counseling and consulting of some type.
    You called it exactly

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Noted criminal law expert has some thoughts

Well, nice to know that even without the win, this game pretty much ended Cleveland's chance at the playoffs. I know, not mathematically, but I don't see them doing it without their best defender lol

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I expected pouncey to get 2 games off, he got 3. The NFL has to show they are being "fair"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I expected pounced to get 2 games off, he got 3. The NFL has to show they are being "fair"
    Honestly I think he wouldn't have gotten any games if he didn't try to kick Garrett when he was down. At that point it went past merely protecting the QB, he was already pinned down and restrained

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Honestly I think he wouldn't have gotten any games if he didn't try to kick Garrett when he was down. At that point it went past merely protecting the QB, he was already pinned down and restrained

Yes i I think the kicking did it

I expected pouncey to get 2 games off, he got 3. The NFL has to show they are being "fair"

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah that was freaking ugly how stupid is Garrett and, i understand mason had a little part in this. Pouncey for kicking & throwing punches will get something out of this. My God that was clear assault with a deadly weapon.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I'm 90 percent sure the suspensions will be determined by how bad ESPN feels about each person. How about Denarius Randle. A game?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Yeah, I just said that to a coworker that they don't want to see Pouncey in the rematch. However, DeCastro will still play and he is a silent warrior.

ALso, don't be surprised if there is some back and forth between TJ Watt and Kareem Hunt in 2 weeks. They almost got into it last night.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

The longest ban for a single on-field incident in NFL history is the five games*Albert Haynesworth*got in 2006 for stomping on*Andre Gurode's head.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I'm 90 percent sure the suspensions will be determined by how bad ESPN feels about each person. How about Denarius Randle. A game?

I want to know about the Randle suspension as well.

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Yes i I think the kicking did it
    except he never really connected with the kick. (at least as far as I could tell from the replay.)

I really couldn't believe what I was watching last night as it was happening. Felt a little more like it should have been a Ratbird game back in the prime of our rivalry.

Courtland Finnegan - Andre Johnson fight w/helmets being ripped off of each other but not used as a weapon

Forgot about this one

Both ejected from the game and $25k fine each

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    6 isn't enough. If player safety matters this should be for the season. This was assault, not just a small brawl.
    6 games IS the rest of the season.
    See you Space Cowboy ...