Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Gets Suspended?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Who Gets Suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I mean if he called him something homophobic or racial, he's gonna catch a suspension.
    Agreed - Garrett has every incentive to explain why he went off for a reason other than being a guy who “blacked out” (how Pouncey explained his conduct)

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Who cares what if anything was said. /words
    Garrett owned them all night. He should have just laughed it off, said stfu and pointed to the scoreboard.
    Dude snapped out.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I think Garret gets the rest of the season off. Only way league shows it means business that it never wants to see something like this again.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Again Garret is lucky he doesn't see jail time after that!

Okay, after a little more digging, here's what I see.

Mason Rudolph - $35,096 fine for fighting, first time offense.
    Pouncey - $35,096 fighting (first time offense) plus $7,017 for unnecessarily entering fight area (active involvement). Plus 1 game suspension for kicking player.
    DeCastro - $35,069 fighting (first time offense). He was in the middle of it from the beginning, no second penalty for entering area.
    Ogy Ogothorpe (for you Slapshot fans) will get $10527 at least for for a late hit during the fight when he came and knocked Rudolph back to the ground. He'll probably also get $7,017 for entering fight area and active involvement (trying to start something).
    Garret's fines should be $42,115 roughing the passer (second offense), $28,075 illegal use of helmet ( ) and $35,096 fighting. Plus 4-6 game suspension (my guess, upped it from three)

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Here's the thing....if Mason really said something really bad other than some cuss words, don't you think Garrett would have said something afterwards?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I am not taking up for Garrett, just saying Garrett might try to go in that direction

OTOH a ESPN talking head decided to go there (before trying to walk it back without knowing nothing disappears in the twitterverse)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The helmet swinging will toast him. He would be in jail if it were on the street.
    I mean, if you made a regular tackle on the street, you'd probably be in jail.

Man, I am so pissed. As soon as I turn the game off because the outcome is sealed, I miss the best fight we've had in years. All I can do is hope for a better one next week.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I am not taking up for Garrett, just saying Garrett might try to go in that direction

OTOH a ESPN talking head decided to go there (before trying to walk it back without knowing nothing disappears in the twitterverse)

What a moron and she should be fired!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Wow. I went to bed a couple of minutes before the game ended and apparently missed something....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Who Gets Suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Who cares what if anything was said. /words
    Garrett owned them all night. He should have just laughed it off, said stfu and pointed to the scoreboard.
    Dude snapped out.
    He could’ve called him the N-Word, his mother the N-Word, his grandmother the N-Word C-Word. Doesn’t justify whacking someone in the head with a helmet. Sticks and Stones my friend.

Garrett should be at least 8 games. Not to mention he just whacked a guy with a helmet that just came of a concussion a few weeks ago. Pounceys kick never lands...lol. It was blocked by the other defenspders calf. Yes the intent was there but he never kicked Garrett. Hopefully Rudolph gets suspended...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    It should be an interesting debate between Deion and Willie McGinnest... because, McG, David Carr, and some other guy were blaming Rudolph.

According to them, Rudolph initiated the fight... but, Garrett “finished” it. I cannot believe that they are defending the use of a helmet as simply a way to “finish” a fight. WTF!?!

They then said that Rudolph ran at Garrett... and Garrett “had the right to defend himself”. HOLY CRAP!!! I equate that to the people who blamed Tyreek Hill’s three-year old: “If the toddler had just been quiet in the first place, he wouldn’t have gotten punched.”

Even if Rudolph tried to remove Garrett’s helmet, that is a flag. That’s it. They both did it... and, while Garrett’s version was a bit more extreme, it would have just been a penalty. Using a helmet as a weapon is... like... really bad & stuff. Again, I don’t know how Garrett’s actions could ever be defended as “finishing” a fight.

In a bar fight, two guys throw punches, it’s over. The cops barely even care. But, if one of the guys hits the other one over the head with an object... That is not called “finishing” a fight; that is called assault with a weapon!!!

SUMMATION:
    The NFL Network is a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I mean, if you made a regular tackle on the street, you'd probably be in jail.

Man, I am so pissed. As soon as I turn the game off because the outcome is sealed, I miss the best fight we've had in years. All I can do is hope for a better one next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It should be an interesting debate between Deion and Willie McGinnest... because, McG, David Carr, and some other guy were blaming Rudolph.

According to them, Rudolph initiated the fight... but, Garrett “finished” it. I cannot believe that they are defending the use of a helmet as simply a way to “finish” a fight. WTF!?!

They then said that Rudolph ran at Garrett... and Garrett “had the right to defend himself”. HOLY CRAP!!! I equate that to the people who blamed Tyreek Hill’s three-year old: “If the toddler had just been quiet in the first place, he wouldn’t have gotten punched.”

Even if Rudolph tried to remove Garrett’s helmet, that is a flag. That’s it. They both did it... and, while Garrett’s version was a bit more extreme, it would have just been a penalty. Using a helmet as a weapon is... like... really bad & stuff. Again, I don’t know how Garrett’s actions could ever be defended as “finishing” a fight.

In a bar fight, two guys throw punches, it’s over. The cops barely even care. But, if one of the guys hits the other one over the head with an object... That is not called “finishing” a fight; that is called assault with a weapon!!!

SUMMATION:
    The NFL Network is a joke.

The entire nfl is a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Here’s what I do know. I’m giving myself a rest of the season suspension. Enough of this 2019 shitshow. I love the Steelers but this NFL is crap. That wasn’t even close to football in that game, last weekend’s games, the whole season has been bad football. I no longer care if the Steelers win out or lose out because it’s still just a poor product either way. I told you guys in another thread this game was likely to devolve into that bs. And there it was. I’m just can’t stand any more this season. I’ll see you guys at the draft. Maybe.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Deion is dead on.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Here’s what I do know. I’m giving myself a rest of the season suspension. Enough of this 2019 shitshow. I love the Steelers but this NFL is crap. That wasn’t even close to football in that game, last weekend’s games, the whole season has been bad football. I no longer care if the Steelers win out or lose out because it’s still just a poor product either way. I told you guys in another thread this game was likely to devolve into that bs. And there it was. I’m just can’t stand any more this season. I’ll see you guys at the draft. Maybe.
    Right there with you. Also, not the slightest bit interested in seeing New England win it all again.

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

Garret made burfect look like a saint(sort of)..2 yr ban in my opinion ..that was assault charge worthy in street or ghetto terms..plus 2 helmets to juju and no call

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wow! I had no idea that any of this happened. I turned it off after that last interception by Rudolph. I just now caught the highlight, or lowlight of the skirmish.

I will never turn a game off early again, as God as my witness.

But I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have gotten a second of sleep last night.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That is true. Moreover, check out twitter, a few former and even a current NFL player or two are calling for his suspension. If that gains traction overnight, then Roger protects the shield. He's gone on an indefinite suspension, which means he'll be reinstated in the off season after counseling and consulting of some type.
    This is what it all boils down to. Goodell, ever the politician, will read the tea leaves in the Twittersphere, determine the amount of public outrage, and base his punishment off of that. If the media is silent, Roger is silent. If the media is outraged, all of a sudden Roger the Clown will become outraged as well.

So based on initial reactions by all of the armchair quarterbacks out there, it doesn't look good for Garrett. At all. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...on-field-fight

In terms of who misses time for this, Freddie Kitchens is getting fired at the end of the season unless the Browns make the playoffs.

Garrett losing his mind was the latest and worst incident of the Browns being undisciplined (which Baker brought up in a surprisingly candid postgame interview on Fox) which supports the narrative Kitchens does not know how to control a team as HC in addition to not properly utilizing the offensive talents he has.

I watched Freddie's post game media scrum in which he had no clue how to respond to that contention

A reporter asked Kitchens if there is a "seismic problem" with the Browns that dates back to the summer, when the Browns and Colts engaged in a "team-wide brawl" near the end of a joint practice. Kitchens took offense to the question.

"I'm not smart enough to understand what you said," Kitchens said, "so just ask me, point blank, what you're asking."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...oned-fighting/

Would have liked to know what Tomlin was saying to Kitchens while they stood on the field while the refs tried to sort out what happened - it did not appear Tomlin was complimenting Freddie for a big win

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Hahaha, something actually funny from AB lately. Wow is he missing the game now, moron.

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Good for AB, although perhaps not the best tweet when you are still waiting for Roger "Safety First" Goodell to rule on whether you should get to play again this season

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I say Mason gets 1 game

Garrett gets remainder of season + first 4 2020 and a hefty 6 digit fine

Pouncey gets remainder of season and hefty fine

Ogunjobi gets 1 game

#LetsGoDuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I wasn’t to far off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Pouncey misses @Bengals, Browns, @Arizona

And without Garrett for the rest of the season Freddie Kitchens can start working on his resume

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Huh, well now we lost one of our top OL from this game also, so that is Juju, DL, Ola, Conner and Pouncey.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

both organizations fined $250,000 is that basically a slap on the wrist lol

surprised pouncey got more than 1 game but i still defend what he did