Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens the best team in the league now?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ravens the best team in the league now?

Honestly it seems that way. They took out Seattle on their home turf, and then not only beat the Patriots, but beat them pretty decisively.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ravens the best team in the league now?

Good god I hope not. Unfortunately it looks like it will only be New England or Baltimore that will win the AFC, I hate this conference

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Honestly it seems that way. They took out Seattle on their home turf, and then not only beat the Patriots, but beat them pretty decisively.
    Their home loss to the Browns is one of the most inexplicable outcomes of the season so far

But if they have to go to Foxboro in January I have my money on the Dark Lord Hoodie

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

So far looks that way......dammit !

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Too early. Being the "best" now means jack shit in January/February.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

They exposed the Patriots weak OL, poor WR corps, and no TE offense. Further, they had their way with a defense that some were nonsensically claiming was historic.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    They exposed the Patriots weak OL, poor WR corps, and no TE offense. Further, they had their way with a defense that some were nonsensically claiming was historic.
    The pats really have to drop two more games and Ravens fo perfect. I don't see Ravens winning in foxboro. Seems every team this year has some unexplainable loss other than the Pats

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They seem to have a good QB/Coach combination. That's huge. I'm not ready to crown them just yet. We just played them to OT with a backup QB and if not for a fumble may have won.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

No. The Steelers are.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

This seems like a sky is falling type of thread, I mean really who cares? It's not like the playoffs start tomorrow and even if it did the team with the best record doesn't always win out. There are still lots of games to be played and anything can happen between now and the end of the season. I remember when the cowboys fans here in San Antonio were beating their chests because they were 3-0 and the Steelers were 0-3. I heard about it every day and how the cowboys were going to the SB this year. I laughed then and look at things now. I could really care less if they look unbeatable right now. To quote the Great Hines Ward..."Ewww I'm scared".

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I am not ready to state the Ravens are the best team in the NFL. They still have issues on defense (Pierce being hurt is having an impact on stopping the run), and while they pressure the QB, sack numbers need to improve. The WR also need to be more productive (Snead has essentially disappeared).

Having said that, Jackson is playing lights out- passing and running. Ingram and Edwards are producing good numbers rushing and the three TE’s are truly potent. The OL is playing above expectations, especially Skura.

I think they are actually having fun playing lately and that makes a difference. The Ravens have a few tough games ahead (this weekend against the Texans will be a challenge), but overall I like what they are doing the past several games. But if they stumble it looks like the Steelers are ready to capitalize on that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    The pats really have to drop two more games and Ravens fo perfect. I don't see Ravens winning in foxboro. Seems every team this year has some unexplainable loss other than the Pats

Last year the Patriots went to the run at the end of the season to pull the rabbit out of the hat. I don't see how they can do that again? While I try never to underestimate BB and company I think they're up against it this year. No Gronk. Their center is gone. Their left tackle is shaky. Their blocking fullback is on IR with a neck injury. And, the receiver corps is thin.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Too early to tell but, they are playing very well right now. It seems getting Peters in the secondary along with the return of Jimmy Smith they have a solid group. Lamar is playing great and, they are a hard team to prepare for you have to give them credit.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

They are up there imo. If the Ravens are going to do it, do it while Jackson is young. He's playing pretty smart when running and hasn't taken many direct hits. I also think he is much stronger than people think. When they played the Steelers he stiff-armed Watt and put him down on the grass like right now.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

This weekend's game vs the Texans is probably gonna be the game of the week. Watson vs Jackson has the makings of a fun game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

looking like it more and more every week. I can't think of a better team for the Pats to play at playoff time.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Almost rooting for them . Only team that could force an none Gillette stadium AFC champ game at this point. I'd rather see Ravens loose to NFC than Another Patriots SB.

Merry Christmas

I hate the AFC, is it really too much to ask for someone other than the Purple Rats or the Cheats to look like a consistent team? Is it too much to ask for a team that isn't completely loathesome to win this shit conference?

Only team that could force a none Gillette stadium AFC champ game at this point.

But it's such a nice stadium.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

After taking apart the top-two AFC teams (Taperiots, Texans) and beating the Seahawks at home (which is as difficult a place to play as anywhere)... I’d say... YES.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Certainly in the AFC - until a defender gives Lamar Jackson his Tua moment

His number of rushes are down from the mid teens every week from the Steelers through Seahawks games but 9 more runs yesterday. With the size and speed of NFL defenders that is the equivalent of lighting up a cigarette around gasoline.

I guess for Steelers fans the question should be is Lamar legit or another RG3. I mean long term. Time will tell

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I hate the AFC, is it really too much to ask for someone other than the Purple Rats or the Cheats to look like a consistent team? Is it too much to ask for a team that isn't completely loathesome to win this shit conference?
    The reason why those teams are loathesome is because they're contenders. It was hard to hate the Bengals and Browns for such a long time just because of how irrelevant they were. The well run organizations will always be consistently good.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Seattle/Baltimore Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I guess for Steelers fans the question should be is Lamar legit or another RG3. I mean long term. Time will tell

I think he is much stronger than people realize, much more than RG3. He is legit as long as he is able to run.

Since folks here like throwing velocity, Jacksons is 49, Rudolph's 52. Jackson's Wonderlic score is 13, Rudolph's 28, but Jackson is in the running for MVP and winning games. So you can throw most of the stats in the shitter.

If either the Pats or the Rats are in the Super Bowl, I won't be watching the Super Bowl. I have no interest in another Pats Super Bowl and I have no interest in watching the Ratbirds in it either. Hoping for a miracle to happen and one of the other teams gets their act together and takes the AFC

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think he is much stronger than people realize, much more than RG3. He is legit as long as he is able to run.

Since folks here like throwing velocity, Jacksons is 49, Rudolph's 52. Jackson's Wonderlic score is 13, Rudolph's 28, but Jackson is in the running for MVP and winning games. So you can throw most of the stats in the shitter.
    Rudolph would probably look better in the Ravens offense and Jackson would probably look like shit in the Steelers middle school offense.

As far as the AFC goes it looks like the Pats (who have significant issues on offense with a mediocre OL and no credible replacement for Gronk at TE) and nobody else as a plausible challenger to the Ravens

Hard to believe that the Chiefs defense may be worse than last year - if Rivers had not coughed up another 4 picks (Chargers have to be wondering if Rivers is worth what he will cost if he wants to continue playing) they might have been blown out by the Chargers last night and were lucky to win with a still rusty Mahomes

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    As far as the AFC goes it looks like the Pats (who have significant issues on offense with a mediocre OL and no credible replacement for Gronk at TE) and nobody else as a plausible challenger to the Ravens

Hard to believe that the Chiefs defense may be worse than last year - if Rivers had not coughed up another 4 picks (Chargers have to be wondering if Rivers is worth what he will cost if he wants to continue playing) they might have been blown out by the Chargers last night and were lucky to win with a still rusty Mahomes
    I figure Rivers gives it up after this season. He's slipping, doesn't want to move to LA and has huge family commitments.

Merry Christmas