Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns Week

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Browns Week

Well, short week after an upset/big win. Normally I would say “trap game” but this team feels different this year. The Browns are capable of being a good team, but it just isn’t clicking for them yet. If we can continue the pressure, slow the run, we should be able to get out of this with another W.

Good news is Conner is back and Foster should play as well. MR is improving, so if our WRs can stop dropping everything that hits them in the hands our streak can continue. Washington has a break out game, 1-2 more of those and JJSS should start seeing less doubles.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Brown’s Week

Stop Chubb and the Browns offense isn't shit. Mayfield will cough up the ball if he keeps needing to throw. Steelers 27-Browns 13

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steelers 29-16

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers come in at underdongs so that's even better.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    If that doesn't piss off the Steelers nothing will.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Dong wins are factored into the power rankings I guess

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I like the Steelers chances here just like everybody post stop Chubb and, they have a good chance to get win #6. Tell the WR's to hold on to the ball!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If the Browns can figure out how to block the Steelers pass rush, they have a staggering array of weapons on offense. Plus, now, Kareem Hunt. That is a lot to ask of the defense.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If the Browns can figure out how to block the Steelers pass rush, they have a staggering array of weapons on offense. Plus, now, Kareem Hunt. That is a lot to ask of the defense.
    I agree. This browns team is no joke like the last 20 years. Have to get ahead early and take the crowd out of the game, plus some adversity might get Mayfield in a downward spiral performance.

In short, dial the controls on the Factory of Sadness into creating a Cleveland vortex of suck.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They also have Freddie Kitchens calling the plays

Browns ran 8 plays near the Bills goal line, but (somehow) couldn’t score

• First-and-goal: Odell Beckham Jr. draws pass interference on Jordan Poyer in the end zone.
    • First-and-goal: Nick Chubb loses a yard running behind right tackle.
    • Second-and-goal: Chubb gains a yard running behind right guard. This was the only play from the 2-yard line.
    • Third-and-goal: Beckham draws pass interference on Tre’Davious White in the end zone.
    • First-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind right guard.
    • Second-and-goal: White knocks the ball from Beckham’s hands in the corner of the end zone.
    • Third-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind left guard.
    • Fourth-and-goal: Chubb is tackled for a loss of 2 yards running behind right tackle

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-ran-8-plays-from-the-bills-goal-line-but-somehow-couldnt-score.html

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Browns are favored in this game and have superior talent than the Steelers on paper. They also have a lot more playmakers on both sides of the ball than the Steelers do. This is not a “trap” game in the slightest. The Steelers have been grinding out tough wins week after week.

Mason Rudolph is also facing his Big 12 nemesis in Baker Mayfield. Mayfield went in the first round of the 2018 draft, Mason went in the third. Mayfield also beat Rudolph in all of their head to head matchups. If that is all the more reason why the Steelers should show up for this game, there’s a good reason.

The Browns have been disappointing, but the Steelers haven’t been who they are either. They have no Ben, who has been Cleveland’s kryptonite. After beating the Bills, the Steelers look to be as vulnerable as ever. The Browns have hope that they will turn the tide against the Steelers in this matchup against their new quarterback and an anemic offense. This is Mason’s first real taste of AFC North division hostility on the road. The crowd will be alive and in it. Mason has been improving and getting better Week after week, but this is a big time test and he has to bring it this game. Cleveland isn’t the complete joke they have been previously.

Another slow start will be a disaster.

24-10 Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    They also have Freddie Kitchens calling the plays

Browns ran 8 plays near the Bills goal line, but (somehow) couldn’t score

• First-and-goal: Odell Beckham Jr. draws pass interference on Jordan Poyer in the end zone.
    • First-and-goal: Nick Chubb loses a yard running behind right tackle.
    • Second-and-goal: Chubb gains a yard running behind right guard. This was the only play from the 2-yard line.
    • Third-and-goal: Beckham draws pass interference on Tre’Davious White in the end zone.
    • First-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind right guard.
    • Second-and-goal: White knocks the ball from Beckham’s hands in the corner of the end zone.
    • Third-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind left guard.
    • Fourth-and-goal: Chubb is tackled for a loss of 2 yards running behind right tackle

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-ran-8-plays-from-the-bills-goal-line-but-somehow-couldnt-score.html

The Steelers and the Bills are pretty much the same team. Great defense that keeps them in every single game, offense can't move the ball or score. Though Darnold does make a lot more mistakes than Rudolph.

Even though last game was ugly offensively, I think if the WRs help Mason out more, this actually can become a pretty good offense. Especially with Conner coming back. Jaylen Samuels has really disappointed me this year, Conner is clearly better. Jay is a 3rd down back, but I think is worse at running the ball than Conner and maybe even Snell.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The Steelers and the Bills are pretty much the same team. Great defense that keeps them in every single game, offense can't move the ball or score. Though Darnold does make a lot more mistakes than Rudolph.

Even though last game was ugly offensively, I think if the WRs help Mason out more, this actually can become a pretty good offense. Especially with Conner coming back. Jaylen Samuels has really disappointed me this year, Conner is clearly better. Jay is a 3rd down back, but I think is worse at running the ball than Conner and maybe even Snell.
    Darnold is on the Jets. Did you actually mean Darnold and got the teams confused, or did you mean Allen?

I haven’t actually watched the Bills play this year so I’m not sure what their offensive issues are.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree. This browns team is no joke like the last 20 years. Have to get ahead early and take the crowd out of the game, plus some adversity might get Mayfield in a downward spiral performance.

In short, dial the controls on the Factory of Sadness into creating a Cleveland vortex of suck.
    No question the Browns have more talent now then in the past but the media had them taking the AFC north and SB bound before training camp. It takes more than talent to be a winner.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

As others have said, I think we need to get ahead early and force Mayfield to throw. Then we can pin our ears back, get pressure, and force mistakes.

But if we let the Browns dictate the flow of the game with Chubb, we might be in trouble. We are not yet an offense that can simply outscore another offense, unless we get a LOT of help from our defense generating turnovers.

But I’ll say that Mason finally puts it together and the WRs don’t let him down.

Steelers 24 Browns 20

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    No question the Browns have more talent now then in the past but the media had them taking the AFC north and SB bound before training camp. It takes more than talent to be a winner.
    True, but if a bunch of skilled and talented guys like Beckham, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Garrett, Olivier Vernon, Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Baker Mayfield, etc can play together for 3 hours on a Thursday, it can be tougher than when playing a bunch of scrubs and misfits in Cleveland like the past.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    True, but if a bunch of skilled and talented guys like Beckham, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Garrett, Olivier Vernon, Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Baker Mayfield, etc can play together for 3 hours on a Thursday, it can be tougher than when playing a bunch of scrubs and misfits in Cleveland like the past.
    IDK, seems like the Steelers had their hands full when they had a bunch of scrubs & misfits, maybe this will be a cakewalk. All kidding aside I agree.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Going to be a tough game and, it's a pretty much a must win for the Browns. I still think the Steelers win this one.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I'm not thinking this is gonna be a easy win at all. Excuse the pun, a real 'dog' fight. Hopefully our WRs can CATCH the ball and RBs can HOLD onto the ball. Hopefully our defense can actually wrap someone and TACKLE and no arm tackles. I think it will come down to stupid penalties and turnovers. Play disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Going to be a tough game and, it's a pretty much a must win for the Browns. I still think the Steelers win this one.
    Every division game is a must win. Also at 5-4 we're not really in a pretty position either. Must win for the Steelers too, I don't think they'll be overlooking the Brahns.

I don't know, I'm confident with this one, they have a lot of weapons on offense, but our defense has been looking "pretty good" lately They also escaped the LAR game without any significant injuries, and sounds like Conner is coming back.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Dong wins are factored into the power rankings I guess
    Clearly, because in the ESPN power rankings both the Colts and the Rams, with the same 5-4 record and having just gotten beat by the Steelers, are ranked ahead of the Steelers. Those wins are [obviously] dong wins in the eyes of the rankers.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I don't think the 2019 Steelers are going to play down to inferior teams. This is the year of the "dong Lombardi"
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 11-12-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They've been flying under the radar since Ben went down if not since they got whipped by the Pats, but now they are in playoff position and have expectations placed on them, I wonder how they will fare against a lesser team on the road.

I really hope they put the fact that the Browns are favorites on the Steelers’ bulletin board this week. If I were on the Steelers I’d want anyone who bet the Browns to go broke.

As far as I’m concerned, if we can’t beat the Browns in Cleveland, we need to stop any and all talk about Tomlin being coach of the year. The Browns have been outcoached by pretty much everyone. If that idiot Freddie Kitchens manages to out coach Tomlin and his band of idiot coordinators, I might finally be won over to the “fire Tomlin” camp.

This is gonna be the Browns Super Bowl. PREPARE FOR THAT! Make it our Super Bowl as well.

Everyone and their mother predicted the Browns would win this game. We absolutely can NOT allow those people to be right.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This is the Browns home Super Bowl on a short week. They’ll wind up winning 20-16.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Can mayfield avoid our pass rush and complete passes on the run? Goff couldn’t. Haven’t seen much of the browns so I don’t know. with a 3-6 record he’s probably making a lot of mistakes

I see us winning a tight game if the team comes in focused.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I can't believe you guys are capitalizing the word browns...they don't deserve a capital b

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

they're not the browns theyre the brahns