Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's NOT Over!!! (Steel Curtain Strikes Back!)

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

It's NOT Over!!! (Steel Curtain Strikes Back!)

GUYS!!!

It is NOT over!

This Defense is shaping up to historic if they keep up this pace! Just what we needed for a year with a developmental QB . Which in my opinion Mason is getting better every week! He just beat a defense with Jalen Ramsey (Best Corner) and Aaron Darnold ( Best DT) . That is a huge confidence booster for this kid.

ALSO.....

IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY WE WOULD HAVE THE 6TH SEED!!

Lets snatch another W on Thursday!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: It's NOT Over!!! (Steel Curtain Strikes Back!)

I only wish they could have that game that they pissed away against the Ravens back - they'd be in the division lead right now instead of being effectively 3 games behind.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I only wish they could have that game that they pissed away against the Ravens back - they'd be in the division lead right now instead of being effectively 3 games behind.
    The Ravens have a definitive ceiling under Jackson. Right now they're in the "honeymoon" phase where Kordell v5.0 had his big game and dazzles on the field, but the wall hits them eventually.

The Steelers need to just do their thing and keep winning.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Division is over...that’s going to the Ravens but 10-6 gets them into a wild card spot. Browns on the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Ya know... I've been a Steeler fan since I was a little kid in the '70s. I realize that the game is different now, and most people just want high powered offenses and "splash plays"... But if it were up to me, every Steeler game would still be all about power running and an absolutely dominant defense.

We didn't have a running game this week because injuries, but this defense is legit.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Division is over...that’s going to the Ravens but 10-6 gets them into a wild card spot. Browns on the clock!
    Agreed! Jackson is playing lights out, only an injury to him will change that.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Butler and co doing a great job.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

We are currently the 6th seed.

We. Control. Our. Destiny.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Keep winning and good things happen.

I wouldn't say that. All it takes in one bad game and we're in the driver's seat for the division. Right now they are two games ahead. If they lose one, and then we beat them, provided we win here on out, we'll take the division. They have one more loss than we do in the division and that's the tie-breaker. Conference games comes after that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Ravens have a definitive ceiling under Jackson.
    Today that ceiling was a perfect passer rating.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Ravens have a definitive ceiling under Jackson. Right now they're in the "honeymoon" phase where Kordell v5.0 had his big game and dazzles on the field, but the wall hits them eventually.

The Steelers need to just do their thing and keep winning.
    I don't know if they have a ceiling as much as a very limited timer. They could win the Super Bowl, but they have like ... this season and next, that's it.

Every single QB of this type who makes a big splash wears out after a couple years, either because of injury or because the offense gets stale and people learn how to neutralize your advantage. After that, at best your ceiling is Russell Wilson, good but not really a superstar difference-maker, and that's after he adapted his game a lot, too. Maybe you could say Steve Young, but he strikes me as a bit different, in that he was already a superstar dropback passer in his own right, and the running thing was kind of a sideshow.

By the way, speaking of Russell Wilson, isn't it good for him that he got rid of that bitchfaced ex-wife before he signed his big contract? She looks like crap, not to mention she was allegedly banging his teammates. He really moved up in that department.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

12-4

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

10-6, you think we will lose 2 more? I guess it is a possibility, but the way they are playing now, they have a good chance to sweep the rest of the season.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

We’re in the thick of the playoff race. Even the division is not out of reach if the ravens screw up at least once and we keep winning - improbable but possible. Still can’t see us keeping this up but with this win over the rams - I don’t see who can stop us going into the last week of the season (maybe Arizona?)

Get Conner and Nix back healthy, have the receivers cut down on their drops, with this defense playing the way it is....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    10-6, you think we will lose 2 more? I guess it is a possibility, but the way they are playing now, they have a good chance to sweep the rest of the season.
    Yes. I think they lose 2, possibly 3 more. I think there’s a good possibility they go 2-1 over the next 3 and then 2-1/1-2 versus the Cardinals/Bills/Ravens. Cardinals game is an away game and that’s one of those games on the schedule that the Steelers should win easily but typically, they find a way to lose themselves games.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I wouldn't say that. All it takes in one bad game and we're in the driver's seat for the division. Right now they are two games ahead. If they lose one, and then we beat them, provided we win here on out, we'll take the division. They have one more loss than we do in the division and that's the tie-breaker. Conference games comes after that.
    Meh...I don’t think they keep up with Baltimore. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Today that ceiling was a perfect passer rating.
    Time will tell, but right now Jackson is firing on all cylinders.

That Steelers D looked good yesterday. But seriously, WTF is up with that vaunted Rams offense? They looked confused most of the game. Maybe Goff is seeing ghosts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Time will tell, but right now Jackson is firing on all cylinders.

That Steelers D looked good yesterday. But seriously, WTF is up with that vaunted Rams offense? They looked confused most of the game. Maybe Goff is seeing ghosts, too.
    They are confused cause Goff has no idea what to do out there...lol.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

They need to go 5-2 down the stretch. Do that and they are the #5/6 seed. One thing I like is that Mason doesn't turn the ball over. Yes he has 4 INT's but two of them are direct results of shitty play by the WR.

Now if we could just get him to stop taking safeties!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Ya know... I've been a Steeler fan since I was a little kid in the '70s. I realize that the game is different now, and most people just want high powered offenses and "splash plays"... But if it were up to me, every Steeler game would still be all about power running and an absolutely dominant defense.

We didn't have a running game this week because injuries, but this defense is legit.
    -Dinosaur.
    -3 yards and cloud of mediocrity.
    -Defense used to win championships "old timer"

- - - Updated - - -

OK, what if the Steelers make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, Rudolph at QB and a bunch of injuries to RB's and the 28th ranked offense? Does Tomlin get credit, or is it a dong?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    OK, what if the Steelers make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, Rudolph at QB and a bunch of injuries to RB's and the 28th ranked offense? Does Tomlin get credit, or is it a dong?

It will always be a dong to many fans who despise Tomlin as a coach. They won't be swayed.

He may be the only NFL head coach in the history of the game to win Coach of the Year and have a large number of fans screaming for his head.

DONG!!!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Coach Donglin!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

[QUOTE=El-Gonzo Jackson;714766]-Dinosaur.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, what if the Steelers make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, Rudolph at QB and a bunch of injuries to RB's and the 28th ranked offense? Does Tomlin get credit, or is it a dong?[/QUOTE]

Naw, cool shades out pokered himself w/the James Bond/Dong antics. Hippo fart to Donglin!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

On Twitter, my buddy (SteelersCanada) has had similar conversations with other Steelers fans.

SC: Tomlin has to at least be in the conversation for coach of the year.

STEEL_HUGH_JUNK: They started 0-3. Fire Tomlin!!!

SC: Tomlin has had to play his 3rd-string QB and his 3rd-string RB.

STEEL_MIKE_HAWK: They started 0-3. Fire Tomlin!!!

SC: What about the gutsy call to trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick, which revitalized the defense??? What about nearly beating the Niners and the Ravens???

STEEL_PENIS_REFERENCE: They started 0-3. Fire Tomlin!!!

-Dinosaur.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomlin should be in the Coach of the Year conversation.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

They are confused cause Goff has no idea what to do out there...lol.
    While I am not attempting to defend Goff, his offensive line is really bad. Across the league this season we have seen either formerly good or highly touted QBs just disintegrate because the offensive line in front of them couldn't block air.

Goff, Mayfield, Darnold, Rivers, not seen any games but I'm gonna guess Atlanta, and Dalton. The Seahawks and the Chiefs can't really block anyone either but Wilson and Mahomes are football playing cyborgs, so it doesn't matter.

Goff is not good enough to handle pressure and play in McVay's throw by wire system. IF everything McVay says into his headset is true, then Goff can be good. If it breaks down, then he stinks.

I would like to be able to go back and watch more of the game, but I think the Steelers short-circuited the Rams by not doing too much more than alternating between man and zone coverages out of the same base looks pre-snap. Then they just let their front on their own for the run game. While not every team will be able to do that, if that is all it takes to confuse the Rams and their swiss cheese o-line continues to let the rush through at the rate they did last night -- they are done.

Definitely. That’s the point I made before the game and how the Steelers could win. The pass blocking of the Rams is in the basement of the league. Yesterday showed that. At the same time, Goffs lack of knowledge and the inability of McVay to spoon feed him everything leads to the struggles there.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Tomlin should be in the Coach of the Year conversation.
    Agreed. They will likely take a loss against either Cleveland or Arizona and everyone will fire up the "Fire Tomlin" bandwagon. I think it has been in the garage for tune-up and new paint job. Then...if they were to lose to Buffalo...oh my.

Frank Reich and the Indy staff are darlings of the NFL talking heads and often looked at longingly by the "Fire Everyone" chorus. They couldn't beat Miami with their back-up QB. Matt Patricia, he of the blessings of the hoodie wearing evil genius, couldn't get his team to slow Chicago or move the ball with his back-up QB.

Meanwhile Tomlin and his staff are beating teams with their back-up and third string QB and people are like "These guys call such bad plays. Stupid challenges. Totally lacking in fundamentals."

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Agreed. They will likely take a loss against either Cleveland or Arizona and everyone will fire up the "Fire Tomlin" bandwagon. I think it has been in the garage for tune-up and new paint job. Then...if they were to lose to Buffalo...oh my.

Frank Reich and the Indy staff are darlings of the NFL talking heads and often looked at longingly by the "Fire Everyone" chorus. They couldn't beat Miami with their back-up QB. Matt Patricia, he of the blessings of the hoodie wearing evil genius, couldn't get his team to slow Chicago or move the ball with his back-up QB.

Meanwhile Tomlin and his staff are beating teams with their back-up and third string QB and people are like "These guys call such bad plays. Stupid challenges. Totally lacking in fundamentals."

The doom and gloom crowd are a sight to behold!