Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 10: Rams at Steelers gameballs & goats

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Week 10: Rams at Steelers gameballs & goats

Who yinz got?

A stellar performance from the entire defense, but especially our 2020 first round draftee, Minkah Fitzpatrick. Honorable mention to Mason Rudolph, who did a lot better than the stats reflect.
    Goat to the WRs, who did everything they could to lose the game.

First time this season we've had a winning record, so I'll take it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 10: Rams at Steelers gameballs & goats

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

For the second week in a row...Minkah is the defensive and offensive mvp. This game drove me crazy with all the drops and fumbles. Once everything starts clicking on offense this team could really start rolling.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    A stellar performance from the entire defense. Honorable mention to Mason Rudolph, who did a lot better than the stats reflect.
    Agreed.

BTW, why is Burns still on the team? The only time I ever hear his name mentioned is when he's screwing something up and costing the team. Can't play defense or STs. Guy's nothing but a liability and it's time to go.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

THIS DEFENSE IS F'IN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! MINKA F'NNN FITSPATRICKK! WOOOO!

Disclaimer: I had a few drinks to deal with the anxiety of this game.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

A stellar performance from the entire defense, but especially our 2020 first round draftee, Minkah Fitzpatrick. Honorable mention to Mason Rudolph, who did a lot better than the stats reflect.

Yep, pretty much this. Minkah is going to save our season if he has to do it by himself. Luckily he's got the rest of the D with him.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The whole defense gets game ball, Fitz gets two.

Offense as a whole has to be the goat. You cannot expect the defense to play like that every week.

Our next 6 games has one team (the Bills) with a winning record. The division is the Ravens to lose at this point, but 5-2 down the stretch gets you a wild card.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Danny Snyder is going to need to trade 2 total drafts to get Tomlin - it appears Tomlin can coach up a team even without Cowher’s players

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

STEELERS / RAMS Heroes and Goats

Minka F'n Fitzpatrick Heroooooo!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Game Balls: The entire defense with special mention to Fitzpatrick, Miami for misusing Fitzpatrick and shipping him off at what is looking like a discounted rate, Joe Haden who made numerous plays, and of course TJ Watt, also JAmes Washington despite the fumble still stepped up pretty well and made some plays

Goats: The o-line with numerous penalties and Donald making them look like a high school outfit, Fichtner with poor playcalling, and the other receivers/TEs with numerous drops

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Agreed.

BTW, why is Burns still on the team? The only time I ever hear his name mentioned is when he's screwing something up and costing the team. Can't play defense or STs. Guy's nothing but a liability and it's time to go.
    Honestly. The ball hit him in the back on the ST penalty

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: STEELERS / RAMS Heroes and Goats

Minkah and Haden! Watt too. Whole D really. Mason and Washington had solid games. Hold onto ball and Washington gets an A

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Game Balls: Mason Rudolph played like a good starting quarterback today. The stats don't say it, but the kid was solid today and consistently pushed the ball down the field. His receivers let him down.

The entire defense was incredible today. Watching this defense play makes me think that they have to keep this whole group together at all costs. Keep Dupree. Keep Hargrave. Keep them together. This D is dynamite right now.

Special consideration to TJ Watt and Minkah Fucking Fitzpatrick.

Watt is an absolute beast!

Minkah is a Godsend!

Thank you Miami. Here's how that trade went for the Dolphins:

Sorry Ive been drinking... delete this thread, I didnt even realize I commented on the existing hero/goats thread . I was to excited!

- - - Updated - - -

Or keep it up for you comedic enjoyment... I dont care

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Honestly. The ball hit him in the back on the ST penalty
    Which cost them 5 more yards. Luckily, LA needed a TD to win.

He committed another boneheaded ST penalty earlier that put the offense in a hole too, IIRC.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Danny Snyder is going to need to trade 2 total drafts to get Tomlin - it appears Tomlin can coach up a team even without Cowher’s players

Wait.....When did this happen???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Sorry Ive been drinking... delete this thread, I didnt even realize I commented on the existing hero/goats thread . I was to excited!

- - - Updated - - -

Or keep it up for you comedic enjoyment... I dont care
    I merged it with this thread.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Game balls- Defense Washington boz

Goats- The Offense Ya just got to get points off turnovers.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Game Ball is obviously Minkah Fitzpatrick at the top, but the defense played great at all levels.

Goat: There were several drops by our WRs, coupled with Fichtner's playcalling combined to only 10 points.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Game balls - the entire defense

Goats - receivers (drops & fumble)/OL run blocking/Fichtner

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

D-FENCE!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No goats today even tho some deserved it.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Game Ball-Entire defense- 4 turnovers -4 sacks, and only gave up a field goal, to the defending NFC champions.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I suspect that w/out the Ben R injury and Bell and AB departing -- the Dolphins don't make the MF trade to us. Widely reported that the determining factor among competing offers was that the 'Phins thought the Steelers would have the worst record.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I suspect that w/out the Ben R injury and Bell and AB departing -- the Dolphins don't make the MF trade to us. Widely reported that the determining factor among competing offers was that the 'Phins thought the Steelers would have the worst record.
    Dolphins got blindsided by Steelers not collapsing, their own players refusing to tank, and forgetting nobody does bad football consistently as well as the Bengals can

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Gameball- the Defense and Boswell for still being $$
    Goats- the offense, honestly how ineffective can this group be?

Dolphins got blindsided by Steelers not collapsing, their own players refusing to tank, and forgetting nobody does bad football consistently as well as the Bengals can

They simply didn't know who they were fucking with!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"Nobody"?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh