Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 10: Rams at Steelers gameballs & goats

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Week 10: Rams at Steelers gameballs & goats

Game Balls - Defense, Rudolph, Washington. Minkah and Watt each get two.

Goats - Receiving Corp (Including Washington) - catch the damn ball and hold onto the mother effer. Offensive Line. Gotta cut down penalties and learn how to run block. Fichtner. Too many questionable play calls. Gotta get that shit together. Danny Smith. Special Teams is still a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Week 10: Rams at Steelers gameballs & goats

Goats - remember when Sean McVay was the Bill Walsh of the 21st century around 12 months ago and if you served McVay at Starbucks you could be hired as a NFL head coach?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Goats - remember when Sean McVay was the Bill Walsh of the 21st century around 12 months ago and if you served McVay at Starbucks you could be hired as a NFL head coach?

That fake punt was a stroke of genius.

Frappuccinos for everyone!
    Last edited by pczach; 11-11-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Game Ball to RB Edmunds who has more int's then his brother.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Hero: Minkah Fitzpatrick and also Donte Moncrief for not dropping any balls 🤣.

Goat: Maurkice Pouncey, for his contribution to the Rams' only touchdown and then subsequent tripping of Brooks-James that initially looked like a phantom tackle, all in the first few minutes of the game.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Minkah, dude is the team MVP at this point of the season

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That fake punt was a stroke of genius.

Frapoccinos for everyone!
    Said it in the game day thread...McVay and Payton out-coach themselves more than any other coaches I’ve ever seen. I like Payton a lot...not a huge fan of McVay, but Payton will run some shit out there (such as Taysom Hill) and it just backfires all the time. Take the ball out of one of the greatest QBs of all-time and give it to Taysom Hill...lol. Drives me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Goats - droll understatement from Fittipaldo in the P-G

Fichtner will be challenged to get more creative with what appears to be limited personnel.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201911100185

That may not end well

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Goats - droll understatement from Fittipaldo in the P-G

Fichtner will be challenged to get more creative with what appears to be limited personnel.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201911100185

To be fair he is down to his pass catching RB and some dudes from the PS.

Hard to be clever when your playcalls are limited by the walking wounded across the roster.

That being said, Fichtner remains unimpressive.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

My game ball goes to... Kevin Colbert.

A R3 pick for Martavis Bryant... who never played a down for the Raiders.

A R3 & a R5 for AB... who never played a down for the Raiders.

With those two trades on everyone’s mind, he somehow still is able to steal a legitimate DPOY candidate away from the Dolphins.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Gameballs to the entire defense. Great gameplan by the coaches.

Steelers win again so no goats 4 weeks in a row.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Minkah is obvious. Duh.

But, Joe Haden has the best game I’ve seen from a CB since... well... since Woodson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    To be fair he is down to his pass catching RB and some dudes from the PS.

Hard to be clever when your playcalls are limited by the walking wounded across the roster.

That being said, Fichtner remains unimpressive.
    Agreed Tom Landry or Bill Walsh would have trouble cooking something up with those groceries - but Fichtner preparing the meal is likely to lead to indigestion if not food poisoning

Here’s my goat: the phantom hold on AV

We stop the Rams on fourth down. We have a great run to get into easy FG range... with the possibility of a TD. Instead, it goes back 25 yards. Ugh.

Adding salt to that wound... On third down, we could have moved back into FG range, but McDonald drops a routine catch.

SUMMATION:
    We got nothing from that turnover... a turnover already on our side of the field.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It’s not just bad on offense. The injury bug has devastated the offense. Backup QB, backup and PS RBs, backups at LG and RT, plus Pouncey is playing with a calf injury. Offense net 1 point today. Defense net 4 points today. Coaches did their jobs well today.

Agreed Tom Landry or Bill Walsh would have trouble cooking something up with those groceries - but Fichtner preparing the meal is likely to lead to indigestion if not food poisoning
    It’s like a cooking show on the Food Network where they give the chefs random ingredients and they have to make a cohesive dish.

“You have ears of corn, pork chops... and black licorice.”

Fichtner makes a pork chop covered in black licorice reduction... but, throws it all in the trash and just serves the corn cob.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It’s like a cooking show on the Food Network where they give the chefs random ingredients and they have to make a cohesive dish.

“You have ears of corn, pork chops... and black licorice.”

Fichtner makes a pork chop covered in black licorice reduction... but, throws it all in the trash and just serves the corn cob.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not a game ball, but a shoutout to Aaron Donald, that guy is a BEAST. He owned the o-line

Re: STEELERS / RAMS Heroes and Goats

Game balls:
    On offense. This just might have been Washington's breakthrough game. Great job on his part. He gets a game ball.

Defense. Um. Maybe I'd be better off listing those who don't get a game ball. It be a shorter list, that's for sure. M.F. played great. He gets one. I actually think Haden played even better than M.F. tonight (and that's taking nothing from M.F.'s performance). So, gameballs all around on defense. That stop when they were trying to get into field goal range was unreal. And then, somehow, I just knew we'd win it by a turnover.

HM. Mason R. No, he didn't do anything spectacular tonight, but I'm seeing him step into his passes and zipping the ball where it needs to go. As probably everyone has noted, that's been my major concern. I'm happy to see that progression. Also, he hit some tight windows tonight. He still hit the check down a little too fast on a few plays, but I'm good with that. He's progressing. JuJu S.S. Didn't have the greatest game. But, I love the fight in the kid. He doesn't seem to give up and keeps his head in the game all game long. Probably not really an HM but I felt it worth mentioning here.

Goats:
    Special teams. Again. Here's a hint, people: catch the ball. Make one cut. Then, GO! Stop bouncing around like a pinball looking for a crease. I'd give one to Pouncey, but he's playing injured, so I'll give him a pass this week. However, I have noticed more than once his shotgun snaps are going high.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

My game ball goes to... Kevin Colbert.

A R3 pick for Martavis Bryant... who never played a down for the Raiders.

A R3 & a R5 for AB... who never played a down for the Raiders.

With those two trades on everyone’s mind, he somehow still is able to steal a legitimate DPOY candidate away from the Dolphins.

That's like hitting for the cycle in three at bats!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Balls to Rudy, Minkah and TJ... and the entire defense. I'm glad Rudy silenced some of his critics on here. He would've had over 300 yards without the drops.

Goats... the one fumble by Washington when he inexplicably held the ball out. Otherwise a lot of growth by him the past two weeks.

4 in a row baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Honorary game ball to Fox because I didn't have to listen to Dan Fouts.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That's like hitting for the cycle in three at bats!
    ...and, the other teams are Dylan Bundy.

...and, the other teams are Dylan Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Balls to Rudy, Minkah and TJ... and the entire defense. I'm glad Rudy silenced some of his critics on here. He would've had over 300 yards without the drops.

Goats... the one fumble by Washington when he inexplicably held the ball out. Otherwise a lot of growth by him the past two weeks.

4 in a row baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Honorary game ball to Fox because I didn't have to listen to Dan Fouts.
    He sure didn't play well enough to do that. But, he showed good progression tonight. As I've said in a few places already, I really like the step he took tonight.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    He sure didn't play well enough to do that. But, he showed good progression tonight. As I've said in a few places already, I really like the step he took tonight.
    I shouldn't assume anyone would admit he played well. All I know is that in his three consecutive wins he's outplayed the other team's QB. I'll take it.

Might also help if he actually had a running game.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: STEELERS / RAMS Heroes and Goats

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Game balls:
    On offense. This just might have been Washington's breakthrough game. Great job on his part. He gets a game ball.
    He was 100% more effective overall, but man, that fumble. I just can't bring myself to say he had a great game, given that. It's worth mentioning that his stats looked great, but that one play was a BIG part of his total yardage, like a third of it that essentially went for nothing.

I was encouraged with Rudolph. He was actually making some throws down the field, and while he was far from perfect, he didn't look wild or have any stupid INTs. It's something. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else, tonight's performance inspired a lot more confidence that he can make NFL throws than Hodges did the other week.

But no doubt about it, this was a defensive game, and that's who won it for us. Fitzpatrick of course, but Haden was right up there with him (he was the one who tipped the ball on that game-ending INT, to go with one of his own). Watt was an animal, as always. Heyward looked much improved.

We still need to face the fact that we were VERY lucky to get that defensive TD - I mean, that was a pretty questionable call. Then the game could have been totally different. But who knows what would've happened, they could've fumbled on the next play or we could've run back a punt or something, or just about anything. It was good one of those breaks didn't go against us this time.

Biggest goat was the OL ... I mean, a snap over the QB's head for a TD, a safety where the QB didn't even have a chance, hardly any running game, and about a million holding penalties, at least one of which probably cost us points. That was at least a 12-point swing because of their fuck-ups, which is as many as the Rams scored all day. I feel bad for Tony Brooks-James - guy came out of nowhere and started kicking ass, but nope, holding, drive over. At least one good run of his got called back, maybe two, I can't remember, and for a new guy trying to make a name for himself, that's gotta hurt. Special teams also kind of sucked the big Gonzalez - that safety was indirectly the result of Switzer's shitty return, and we had a couple of important kicks late in the game where we doofed it and gave them the ball at the 35 or 40 yard line.

By the way, what the hell was that penalty for illegal touching when it hit Burns and then we downed it? I never, ever heard of it being illegal to down the ball after it hit your own man, that really seemed like a bullshit excuse to start a penalty-fueled march down the field. After that, I said "here we go, they're going to get a PI or a roughing the passer to bail them out on third down, and then a moonball pass interference to like the 10-yard line. Was right about the first one, but thankfully Haden and Fitzpatrick didn't give them a chance for the second.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, he and all young innovative guys like him are revolutionizing the game. Zac Taylor is next up.

Fichtner needs to tighten up his goatee and start wearing some skinny jean khaki's to become just as great.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

No dong report this week, the only dong score was the fumble return by the Rams.

Minkah Fitzpatrick might be the best safety in the NFL right now.

Season so far:
    Dong Victories™: 3
    Earned Victories: 2
    Losses: 4

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    No dong report this week, the only dong score was the fumble return by the Rams.

Minkah Fitzpatrick might be the best safety in the NFL right now.

Season so far:
    Dong Victories™: 3
    Earned Victories: 2
    Losses: 4
    :sad: Sure Dupree had zero dong sacks, but Rudolph had 22 dong completions. Surely there is the makings of a dong report there somewhere.