Thread: Boy am I looking forward to the 2020 season

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Boy am I looking forward to the 2020 season

Yes, I'll watch the Steelers with interest regardless of their record, but I cant help but think if Ben had this defense and Boswell back to normal we would be the team to beat.

Our pass rush and Secondary are playing very well. When was the last time we could say this?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Boy am I looking forward to the 2020 season

Where was this defense a few years ago?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Been talking about Ben, the O line, the offensive weapons and putting up 30 points a game for about 4 seasons now. When 2020 comes around and he is back, I still see Fichtner at OC and Butler at DC and Danny Smith's bottom 1/3 special teams underperforming.

The wrong guys are driving the bus for this team to have real success, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The 2019 Steelers are forced to play with abandon and scrape out ways to win football games, instead of just showing up and expecting to win. The Defense has stepped up because they have to.

With Ben coming back, I fear the defense will regress back to shit levels and the underachieving play by the team will return, and Fichtner will remain at OC, meaning he will just go back to doing nothing but standing around.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The 2019 Steelers are forced to play with abandon and scrape out ways to win football games, instead of just showing up and expecting to win. The Defense has stepped up because they have to.

With Ben coming back, I fear the defense will regress back to shit levels and the underachieving play by the team will return, and Fichtner will remain at OC, meaning he will just go back to doing nothing but standing around.
    I doubt it. The defense has the right mix of leadership and playmakers. Gone are jokers starting like Burns and Davis. In are a solid starter like Nelson, and an All pro like Fitzparack. The upgrade is significant.

Dupree is playing his best football. So is Watt. Bush is learning on the job, but showing plenty. Heyward still has a few prime years left, and Tuitt was in beast mode until he got hurt. The Defense should be just as good next year.

What the offense needs is Ben back, and either a healthy Conner or a replacement for him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not convinced the offense will be up to par by 2020 either...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler