Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chargers to London?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Chargers to London?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That actually brings up a good question...if a player is injured whether he be on a London or Mexican team, could there possibly be different medical procedures in other countries that may not be available in the United States that the injured player may be able to take advantage of?

There are so many questions and considerations, it makes my head hurt just thinking about potential pitfalls.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

A story.

My brother turns 18, and we’re like: “Bro, you gotta go to TJ with us!!!” His reply was always: “No thanks... it’s too sketchy.” After a few months, we convince him to go with us.

We are walking down Revolución when three black Suburbans pull up in front of a club. Out steps twenty dudes wearing all-black leather body-armor and motorcycle helmets with the visors down. And, you know, they each were carrying an M-16.

They formed a semi-circle in front of the club (facing the crowded streets)... and the center guy took three steps forward, cocked his gun, and shot a magazine into the asphalt. The entirety of Revolución emptied in like 30 seconds. (That’s 30,000 people running towards the border.)

As we are running, my brother (in a lather) is screaming: “I TOLD YOU!!! I TOLD YOU!!!!!

Good times.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There are so many questions and considerations, it makes my head hurt just thinking about potential pitfalls.
    It’s such a bad idea...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Can you imagine the disputes when it comes to taxes? Players on teams overseas will have to pay taxes there, and then here as well. They'll have to give a salary cap exemption: say, an extension of 20 percent or something. If they don't there will be no free agents going overseas (probably won't be, anyway). That'll also affect salaries in rookie salaries. You can bet the NFLPA is going to be all over that.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A story.

My brother turns 18, and we’re like: “Bro, you gotta go to TJ with us!!!” His reply was always: “No thanks... it’s too sketchy.” After a few months, we convince him to go with us.

We are walking down Revolución when three black Suburbans pull up in front of a club. Out steps twenty dudes wearing all-black leather body-armor and motorcycle helmets with the visors down. And, you know, they each were carrying an M-16.

They formed a semi-circle in front of the club (facing the crowded streets)... and the center guy took three steps forward, cocked his gun, and shot a magazine into the asphalt. The entirety of Revolución emptied in like 30 seconds. (That’s 30,000 people running towards the border.)

As we are running, my brother (in a lather) is screaming: “I TOLD YOU!!! I TOLD YOU!!!!!

Good times.
    Another story: I have a friend, we'll call him "Fat Randy."

Fat Randy moved to San Diego a couple years ago and loves going to TJ on the weekends. One time he was telling us about his previous trip:

Fat Randy: "It's just unbelievable! They have whole streets with just whorehouses, and there are hookers lined up on the sidewalk in front, all up and down the street. And every one of them is like, an 11 out of 10! You're like, why are they doing this instead of being models or something?"

Us: "Uh ... So you guys were just there looking, like out of curiosity, right?"

Fat Randy: (vague response)

Us: "No seriously, like, you weren't actually in Mexico banging Tijuana hookers, were you?"

Fat Randy: ...

Us: "Gross."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Can you imagine the disputes when it comes to taxes? Players on teams overseas will have to pay taxes there, and then here as well. They'll have to give a salary cap exemption: say, an extension of 20 percent or something. If they don't there will be no free agents going overseas (probably won't be, anyway). That'll also affect salaries in rookie salaries. You can bet the NFLPA is going to be all over that.
    You get to deduct taxes paid to a foreign government from your U.S. taxes. But I doubt people would be lining up to pay 60% taxes and double living expenses in London. I mean, a Subway quality sandwich is like $15.

On the other hand, in Mexico on an NFL salary, you could live like a drug kingpin ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

We should make a sitcom about all of this!

We'd all be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You get to deduct taxes paid to a foreign government from your U.S. taxes. But I doubt people would be lining up to pay 60% taxes and double living expenses in London. I mean, a Subway quality sandwich is like $15.

On the other hand, in Mexico on an NFL salary, you could live like a drug kingpin ...
    True, but I wonder how it works with SS and medicare. I do know that some countries have agreements with the US on paying for those things. I'm not sure if England does. They might, but . . .

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Another story: I have a friend, we'll call him "Fat Randy."

Fat Randy moved to San Diego a couple years ago and loves going to TJ on the weekends. One time he was telling us about his previous trip:

Fat Randy: "It's just unbelievable! They have whole streets with just whorehouses, and there are hookers lined up on the sidewalk in front, all up and down the street. And every one of them is like, an 11 out of 10! You're like, why are they doing this instead of being models or something?"

Us: "Uh ... So you guys were just there looking, like out of curiosity, right?"

Fat Randy: (vague response)

Us: "No seriously, like, you weren't actually in Mexico banging Tijuana hookers, were you?"

Fat Randy: ...

Us: "Gross."
    Fat Randy probably knows the whereabouts of the infamous “donkey show”...

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

And “my mother. She virgin!”

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Fat Randy probably knows the whereabouts of the infamous “donkey show”...
    You mean you don't?

I thought they told everybody about that on their first day here.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

For real... They told me about it my first day off the bus at NTC San Diego.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland