Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ravens-Pats

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Ravens-Pats

Well that sucks those Ravens ending the Pats undefeated season.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    One thing is sure, the Steelers are not that buzzsaw.
    The Steelers are just trying to survive. They aren’t anything at this point.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers are just trying to survive. They aren’t anything at this point.
    Agreed the team has no identity! Crazy they was and are in most games though.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

They finally play someone outside of their own joke of a division and get their asses handed to them. Love it.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Kordell was smart enough to know that his style had a shelf life. Unfortunately, He just wasn’t good at doing anything else.

Russell Wilson had arm talent and can throw the ball.

Lamar Jackson is officially entering the honeymoon phase of his style. He has his big game and his big moment. He beat the big bad bully on national television for all to see. Now he officially has the hype machine and the aura of invincibility that Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Cam Newton had before him. “How do you stop Lamar Jackson” they’ll all ask.

It all starts great. The accolades. The bright lights. The hype. Here comes the eventual buzzsaw.
    I believe those with common football sense know that two half-seasons do not a career make. So I will not annoint Jackson as heading to the HOF any time soon. But so far he's proven he's a winner and a force that defenses have to work around. He may not be everyone's cup of tea. Oh well. If he keeps winning, that's all he needs to do.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I believe those with common football sense know that two half-seasons do not a career make. So I will not annoint Jackson as heading to the HOF any time soon. But so far he's proven he's a winner and a force that defenses have to work around. He may not be everyone's cup of tea. Oh well. If he keeps winning, that's all he needs to do.

Congrats on the win Crow! I really enjoyed the game!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m rooting for the Taperiots () in this game... but, yep, it’s pretty obvious who the announcers like.

Ravens make play: This is so unlike a Belichick-coached team. Belichick, Belichick, Belichick.

Taperiots make a play: Mmm, yum... so good.

Yep. I hope Collinsworth doesn't have to cry himself to sleep tonight.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Congrats on the win and props to the Ravens - I had the Ravens at 4-4 after they played @ Seattle and the Patriots

Ravens seized control of both games with time consuming 4th quarter drives the Seattle and Pats defenses could not stop - they are formidable with a lead

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. I hope Collinsworth doesn't have to cry himself to sleep tonight.

No, just foaming at the mouth with Bill & Tom.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I know either way, Steeler fanbase was gonna lose anyway. I just hope it isn't a Rats-Cheats AFC Championship game. Either the Cheats win the AFC yet again or the Cheats finally don't make the Super Bowl only for the Rats to make it instead, it's like choosing between eating horse poo or cow poo

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

No one is denying that Lamar Jackson is a force. Just like this predecessors before him. He is an amazing player that will dazzle in Baltimore for the upcoming future. Fun to watch highlight reel Superman quarterback who can win games on their talent alone.

What I'm saying is that Action Jackson has its limit and a strict timer. You can get away with it for so long. The Ravens better win with Jackson now while he has his ability, before the wall hits him.

Congrats on killing the Pattiecakes.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Belichick is such a genius that this was a throw away game to give the Ravens false confidence so when they meet in the playoffs, the Patriots will shock them with a totally different playbook...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Belichick is such a genius that this was a throw away game to give the Ravens false confidence so when they meet in the playoffs, the Patriots will shock them with a totally different playbook...
    He will, especially with his defense.
    IMO he will dissect yesterday’s game endlessly to devise a plan that will contain Jackson the next time they meet.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    They have always been a tough win for the Patriots and the basic structure of their defense has always been similar in scheme to ours. Our "braintrust" of coaches need to study what the Ravens are doing differently that gives them better defensive success against Brady and try to mimic it. You know....do their jobs. lol
    There is no secret. They get pressure straight up the middle and collapse Marsha's pocket. When that happens Brady because a very average QB. So basically you get pressure up the middle and cover the Pats man to man on their crossing routes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    As much as we laugh at this we all know it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is denying that Lamar Jackson is a force. Just like this predecessors before him. He is an amazing player that will dazzle in Baltimore for the upcoming future. Fun to watch highlight reel Superman quarterback who can win games on their talent alone.

What I'm saying is that Action Jackson has its limit and a strict timer. You can get away with it for so long. The Ravens better win with Jackson now while he has his ability, before the wall hits him.

Congrats on killing the Pattiecakes.
    I agree with this. Eventually teams will get sick of Jackson making them look bad and someone is going to unload on Jackson and knock his ass out of a game. If he continues to run like this his body will break down like a RB's does.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    He will, especially with his defense.
    IMO he will dissect yesterday’s game endlessly to devise a plan that will contain Jackson the next time they meet.
    The Ravens will need to have a Mark Ingram heavy game plan then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But, yes, Stewart had less of a career than he could or should have had because he came into the league when no one really knew what to do with his skill set.

Exactly. These are designed runs by the Ravens with Jackson. He's passing out of the pocket one play, and running by design on the next. Very interesting offense, how they're using their tight ends, using the pistol, etc., etc. I was waiting for the single wing.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

It's always good to the Pats lose and, they were due for that. It does bug me that the Pats can never win to help the Steelers out!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    It's always good to the Pats lose and, they were due for that. It does bug me that the Pats can never win to help the Steelers out!
    I think they're like 1-4 in games where I'm actually rooting for them. About half those games involve the Ravens. For some reason the Ravens always played NE tough.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I think they're like 1-4 in games where I'm actually rooting for them. About half those games involve the Ravens. For some reason the Ravens always played NE tough.
    The Ravens can play some big stinker (see Browns game this year lol), but they are not intimidated by the Patriots. They may lose to them, but they are not intimidated by them. I think that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They mention Harbaugh saying we build our team to beat the Steelers and then the Patriots. Could be why.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    They mention Harbaugh saying we build our team to beat the Steelers and then the Patriots. Could be why.
    Good way to go. In the last decade if you wanted to win a championship, those were 2 teams you'd have to go through in order to get there.

Well I was a denier in Lamar Jackson, saying I wouldn't be impressed unless he beats a good defense, and he did that. Props to him. Although I still question the longevity of his success, the track record of athletic QB's isn't the best.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Not me, I want the Pats to lose. We aren't beating the Ravens this year anyway. They seem to be the only ones who have the Pats #
    Yes we will. They came close the first time, and that is with Rudolph knocked out of the game. Defense is much better since that game, as is Rudolph.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

All of a sudden that Pats defense looks old and slow.