Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's NOT Over!!! (Return of the BOZ)

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Re: It's NOT Over!!! (Return of the BOZ)

I just let the game play out. I couldn't find myself rooting for the Cheats or the Rats. I loved seeing the refs actually calling penalties on the Cheats, not playing in their play ground......I loved seeing Bellycheat getting out coached, and Brady getting abused. The rat's out played and out coached the cheats and deserved the win. Now, the Steeler's have to take care of business. Plenty of football left for the Black/Gold to make a statement, and the rest of the NFL now have a game plan available to see the cheat's are beatable.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mason took his shots and pulled the trigger downfield early on. He was fast and decisive.

If Juju doesn’t do his best Donte Moncrief impersonation on that opening drive., it would’ve helped a way going forward for the offense. Mason didn’t lose confidence, he just knows who is an who isn’t stepping up. Juju didn’t. Washington and Samuels did. Gotta go where the plays are being made. There is only so much a quarterback can do, especially a quarterback who is thrown into a tough situation and trying to grow and learn on the fly. Having receivers drop passes that hit them right in the hands resulting in turnovers don’t help. That pass was game-altering.

Mason and Fichtner can be blamed for so much. Some shade has to be thrown at Juju for the Offensive issues yesterday, He was pretty bad. That is twice now this season that our #1 receiver has blown plays that change games. That has to stop.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If they can beat all the bad teams they have left (browns x2, cincy, jets, arizona), there's your 9 wins. 3 quality opponents left (LAR, BUF, BAL), winning any of those is 10-6 and better and should be enough for a wildcard.

For some reason this year I'm less afraid of the bad teams, but our ceiling is of course lower without Ben and AB (going to be tougher to get wins against higher tier teams). However, if we could get a 9-7 season or better, this would be a big win IMO.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's NOT Over!!! (Return of the BOZ)

Bills, Cardinals and Ravens all good chances at an L. Other teams should be (SHOULD) easy wins. Gotta win those easy ones and come out 2-1 over the other three and they’ll be 10-6. Think they get smoked by the Rams...

All about the 10-6! And if they do come out 10-6, Tomlin should be awarded Coach of the Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Before the Colts, my thoughts were 10-6, probably 9-7. After the Colts win and the Ravens win, I still think the same. I think we split the Rams (L) Bills (W) games so it comes down to the Ravens for 10-6. I feel that gets us a WC at least.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I think 10-6 might get us into the playoffs if we have the tie breaker over another team that is also 10-6. It would be nice to beat both the Texans and the Bills. But at least if the Texans end up winning that division we have the tie breaker over the Colts. But I really don't think 9-7 will cut it this year.

With the way the Ravens handled the Patriots yesterday, I'm starting to think that winning the division might be a pipe dream.

After watching the game last night, I have come to the self realization that my hate for the Ravens far exceeds my hate for the Patriots... and I really hate the Patriots. In fact, I came out of that game hating the Patriots even more for picking the one game to NOT have absolutely EVERYTHING go their way be against the Ravens.

And I hate the Ravens even more for being such Ravens about all of it.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Unless the Ravens drop a couple of games and, the only other hope is to sneak up and grab one of WC spots. Long shot at this point.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I think 10-6 and winning the division are pipe dreams.
    Give me 9-7 and I’ll hope for a WC.
    The Ravens were very impressive last night. Jackson’s sleight of hand moves and his quickness and speed are a real challenge.
    They had two weeks to prepare and you know Harbaugh and his OC threw stuff at Belichick that wasn’t on tape.
    Billy Boy will be ready for them next time and likely at home.
    But, I think the Ravens win our division.

But what’s also impressive is how the Steelers have stuck together to get back to .500.
    I usually hit Tomlin pretty hard on some aspects of his coaching; he deserves credit considering they’re on their third QB directed by an incompetent OC.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I think 10-6 and winning the division are pipe dreams.
    Give me 9-7 and I’ll hope for a WC.
    The Ravens were very impressive last night. Jackson’s sleight of hand moves and his quickness and speed are a real challenge.
    They had two weeks to prepare and you know Harbaugh and his OC threw stuff at Belichick that wasn’t on tape.
    Billy Boy will be ready for them next time and likely at home.
    But, I think the Ravens win our division.

But what’s also impressive is how the Steelers have stuck together to get back to .500.
    I usually hit Tomlin pretty hard on some aspects of his coaching; he deserves credit considering they’re on their third QB directed by an incompetent OC.
    I think it’s fair to give Tomlin some general credit as a leader of men in holding the team together. I think he’s good at the team chemistry thing, and getting guys to buy in.

But that’s about as generous as I can be with him. I’m not sure he’s actually making good decisions. I’ve certainly noticed some bad ones.

I compare Tomlin to how Frank Reich has done with a back up and I can’t say Tomlin compares favoritively.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Link below to interactive NYT site that currently gives Steelers 44% probability of making playoffs, with future probabilities varying with picking each future week's win or loss.

Surprised that current highest probabilities for end of season record are 9-7 (31%) and 10-6 (30%) - that seems high to me

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...le-pit-11=loss

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Steelers a 38% probability of making playoffs - also ranks Steelers as a lower middle of the pack team, which seems about right

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Link below to interactive NYT site that currently gives Steelers 44% probability of making playoffs, with future probabilities varying with picking each future week's win or loss.

Surprised that current highest probabilities for end of season record are 9-7 (31%) and 10-6 (30%) - that seems high to me

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...le-pit-11=loss

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Steelers a 38% probability of making playoffs - also ranks Steelers as a lower middle of the pack team, which seems about right

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/
    That's changed now. Without setting any of the other games as wins or losses for other teams, if the Steelers lose to the Rams, the Bills, and the Ravens, but win the rest of their games, it's put them at 9-7, and according to NYT, have a 62 percent chance of making the playoffs. If they beat the Rams, it goes up to 91 percent. If they lose to the Rams but beat the Bills, it goes up to 99 percent (but only a 14 percent chance of hosting the wild card game). It seems at this point, we can lose any three games from this point on and still have a 2-1 chance of making the playoffs. Interesting. (Of course, all that changes once you start filling in wins and losses for other teams).

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just win the games on the schedule. Good things will happen.