Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colts @ Steelers Game balls & goats

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Colts @ Steelers Game balls & goats

Who yinz got?

I have to tip my hat to Mason Rudolph. He's proven his worth as a starting QB.
    Goats are the refs. Some seriously crappy calls today.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Colts @ Steelers Game balls & goats

Game Ball Boz

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Boz, Minkah, Dupree

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mason. Samuels. Minkah Fitzpatrick. Chris Boswell. Adam Vinatieri.

Definite goat to Randy Fichtner.

A team saved from themselves over a good Colts team.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Boz and Fitzpatrick

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Game ball to Fitzpatrick and Ray Finkle.

Goat to pass interference.

On our last drive with about 4 minutes to go, I literally said, "Watch, we are going to go three and out, then hold on defense but get a bullshit penalty on third and long, and lose on a field goal right at the end of the game, and Epstein didn't kill himself."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fitzpatrick and TJ Watt

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I thought the new PI rule was supposed to eliminate the "Moonball Joe" BS?

Game balls to Fitzpatrick and Watt.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

The hole defense gets a game ball. One of the worst officiated games I've ever witnessed. Tired of the training wheels being held on Rudolph.

Goats...the o-lines run blocking and Juju. Juju had the 1 drop that was intercepted and he was pretty quiet all day. Obviously Fichtner.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Yeah that definitely was a dong penalty

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Game Ball: TJ Watt, he's a beast. Rest of the pass rush, 5 sacks on a top flight o-line. Minkah Fitzpatrick, they don't win were it not for his INT. Bos, has had a great bounce back year

Goat: Fichtner, wtf kind of sissyboy playcalling was that? That was absolutely pathetic. They won despite his warped idea of what offense is. Goodell's refs, seriously, that was NOT pass interference, learn the rules of the game NFL refs! NFL officiating continues to hit new lows week after week. It makes for a god awful product

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Football gods 1
    Al Riveron 0

Game ball to the Football Gods.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Football gods 1
    Al Riveron 0

Up until now I thought they were on the same team.

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Watt, Fitzpatrick, Boswell

Heyward(for injuring Brissett..haha), OC
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I thought the new PI rule was supposed to eliminate the "Moonball Joe" BS?

Game balls to Fitzpatrick and Watt.
    IIRC, the rule was put in because of a PI no-call, so the intention was to have MORE Moonball Joe penalties.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Our first Dong win against a winning team!

Gotta love Minkah, Watt, and yes King Dong himself... c’mon, let’s acknowledge the game and season Bud Dupree is having.

And Mason is no Big Ben yet, but he is making progress quickly. He did his job well today.

I’m usually not the guy to overly blame the coaching, but come on... Fichtner did everything he could to give that game away. For the first time I’m honestly worried that he is the weakest link and could end up being the difference between in any given game.

We simply aren’t good enough to overcome the refs AND our own OC without a HOF QB

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Game ball to samuels who balled out minkah and Dupree

Goat. Fitchner you have got to scheme your guys open. You can't just call the same play for four quarters a d shit the bed when the other team figures it out

And of course the refs suck ass. I'd almost prefer they kill replay. That way you wouldn't get your hopes up thinking NY will do right.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Watt, Fitzpatrick, Boswell

Heyward(for injuring Brissett..haha), OC
    And... c’mon... you can say it... it won’t hurt...

Bud... something or other...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Gameballs. Defense played well enough to allow a sputtering offense to do just enough. Steelers Def 14-Steelers Off 12.

No Goats with steelers win.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Honorable mention to Adam Vinateiri.

I'm looking forward to this week's 'Dong Report'.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

New Game Balls: I'm going to go ahead and give one to Tre Edmunds. Sure, he only hit one long run and ran about 2.5 yards a carry thereafter, but he looked better than Snell. I'd be good with Edmunds as our 3rd RB at this point.

Also, although he didn't make all that many catches, perhaps Washington as well. He came up big on a couple of players and seems to be taking the step we want out of him.

Fichtner (for most of the game). Had a pretty good game plan. As soon as the defense adjusted to it, he adjusted and had Rudolph push the ball downfield more.

Then, there's the same old cast: Minkah, Watt, Heyward, you can almost throw a dart and whoever you hit on defense, nominate them. Gotta give one to Boz as well.

Goats:

Fichtner: last 4 minutes. Really? The run game didn't work that well the entire game. At the most, send everyone deep and then look for the dump off. If that's covered, with everyone deep, you can let your QB run five yards and slide. Clock keeps rolling and you gain a few years.

Outside of that, no one. I thought both challenges were good challenges. Can't blame Tomlin for those. Not sure what passing interference is anymore. I thought if you were looking back for the ball and got tangled up with the receiver, it was a no call. I also thought uncatchable balls were no calls either. On the other side, isn't an arm extension pretty much the classic definition of offensive PI? And, to show this isn't one sided. What the heck was that penalty on the Colts on the kick?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Game balls - Boz, Dupree, Watt, Fitzpatrick

Goats - Fichtner, whoever on the Steelers sidelines was responsible for seeing Nelson blew out his shoe when he had to play pass defense with one shoe (fortunately Hoyer did not) along with finding him a new one, and the atrocious officiating.

Steelers came out in the opening series with what looked like an actual vertical passing offense until the INT off JuJu's hands and threw down the field after falling behind in the 4th quarter until they reverted to turtle mode on first and goal. Other than that all that was missing from the September "don't lose the game Mason" offensive game plan was the wildcat.

Pass chart against Dolphins

Pass chart against Colts

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Goats- The inconsistent challenging PI circus.
    Goats- Saints cry baby franchise that has created this mess.

Heroes- Boz and Defense

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Football gods 1
    Al Riveron 0

This WINS!!! ...for Post of the Day.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Minkah and Watt and Samuels.

Refs and field goals that should've been TDs.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Heros - Watt, Minka, Dupree, Heyward, Special Teams (forced a turnover when we needed it, Dong blocked an extra point)

Goats - NFL officials once again. Both ways

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Minkah and Watt and Samuels.

Refs and field goals that should've been TDs.
    I was going to include Samuels but that fumble hurt

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    And... c’mon... you can say it... it won’t hurt...

Bud... something or other...

...runner up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I was going to include Samuels but that fumble hurt
    I know. But maybe one thing we need to remember is that Samuels did score a TD in this game that was called incorrectly. And Tomlin didn’t challenge a call he would have actually won.

So many bad calls and bad decisions and unlucky bounces in that game, I still can’t believe we won.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Game ball to the Colts holder who forgot to turn the laces.