Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Key game for Rudolph

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Key game for Rudolph

He played good enough to win vs the Colts, but I'm not too optimistic about next week. The Rams have a DL that can get after the QB, and their secondary especially with Jalen Ramsey now is a bad matchup for us. Hope I'm wrong but 4-5 is my call.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    He played good enough to win vs the Colts, but I'm not too optimistic about next week. The Rams have a DL that can get after the QB, and their secondary especially with Jalen Ramsey now is a bad matchup for us. Hope I'm wrong but 4-5 is my call.
    I agree, but maybe Conner is back, or maybe they hold him out another week to really heal up the shoulder. I think its the final 7 games that are more important with Browns, Bengals, Jets, Bills, Ravens, Cardinals.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree, but maybe Conner is back, or maybe they hold him out another week to really heal up the shoulder. I think its the final 7 games that are more important with Browns, Bengals, Jets, Bills, Ravens, Cardinals.
    Conner back would be huge. I know it's just Samuels' first game back but from what I've seen, Conner is the guy. They could run the ball against the Rams, and they would need to. Rudolph throwing for over 30 times this game IMO would not be a good thing.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Vegas agrees

Steelers 4 point underdogs

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odd.../date/11-10-19

4:25 kickoff so with extra time to drink the crowd should be primed to cheer (or start booing the dump off passes in the second quarter)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Conner back would be huge. I know it's just Samuels' first game back but from what I've seen, Conner is the guy. They could run the ball against the Rams, and they would need to. Rudolph throwing for over 30 times this game IMO would not be a good thing.
    IMO the Conner injury is a possibly grade 2 AC joint, due to the vague information about it. I would rather let him take the extra game off and try to have him better for the stretch run of 7 games, where a 10-6 finish is possible.

I would hope that whoever Rudolph worked with in the offseason is in contact with him regarding his footwork. The footwork he had in the preseason and the Seattle and SF games looks to be gone to me and he is back to the flat footed QB he was at OK State. Honestly, I would hope the Steelers QB coach would be on that, but I don't trust that he is able to develop the skills of a young QB.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm not confident in the Steelers in 4:25 games. They haven't been very good.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I'm not confident in the Steelers in 4:25 games. They haven't been very good.
    CAN NO LOOSE ANY MORE GAMES. MUST WHINE!
    Last edited by 43Hitman; 11-09-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    can no loose any more games. must whine!
    Your post needs:

ALL CAPS

bold

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Your post needs:

ALL CAPS

bold

fixed. can't be jinxing it or anything

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    CAN NO LOOSE ANY MORE GAMES. MUST WHINE!
    This shall overcome my negativism!!! Always!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Too bad we don't have a big back to beat off defenders.