Thread: Steelers, Tomlin Fined For Inaccurately Listing Roethlisberger On Injury Report Prior To Week 2

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers, Tomlin Fined For Inaccurately Listing Roethlisberger On Injury Report Prior To Week 2

The NFL has fined the Pittsburgh Steelers $75,000 and Mike Tomlin another $25,000 for failing to list QB Ben Roethlisberger on the injury report prior to Week 2’s game against the Seattle Seahawks..........

read more @
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/st...gXIx5Nit1CS50o

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Steelers, Tomlin Fined For Inaccurately Listing Roethlisberger On Injury Report Prior To Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The NFL has fined the Pittsburgh Steelers $75,000 and Mike Tomlin another $25,000 for failing to list QB Ben Roethlisberger on the injury report prior to Week 2’s game against the Seattle Seahawks..........

read more @
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/st...gXIx5Nit1CS50o
    Well done NFL - the lines makers and the gambling public have a right to full disclosure.

Do not want to do anything to chill that potential source of future revenue growth

Belichick has played games with the injury report for years but the time has come to crack down

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Steelers, Tomlin Fined For Inaccurately Listing Roethlisberger On Injury Report Prior To Week 2

How can you be fined for an inaccurate injury report if the player in question started that same game?

I mean, he played, so that WAS the truth. Period. Over and out.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Well done NFL - the lines makers and the gambling public have a right to full disclosure.

Do not want to do anything to chill that potential source of future revenue growth

Belichick has played games with the injury report for years but the time has come to crack down
    EXACTLY!!!

This is why I give Billy boy no credit what-so-ever when it comes to his coaching skills. Tomlin or any other team that tries to do what hoodie does gets fined and mean while when the cheats do it they turn a blind eye. Bill is not a Great coach he gets to play by different rules than anyone else.
    Last edited by Butch; 11-01-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    EXACTLY!!!

This is why I give Billy boy no credit what-so-ever when it comes to his coaching skills. Tomlin or any other team that tries to do what hoodie does gets fined while when the cheats do it they turn a blind eye. Bill is not a Great coach he gets to play by different rules than anyone else.
    It would be nice if Tomlin found a way to copy some the stuff that Bill Bilichick does that leads to nine Super Bowl appearances. I'm sure SOME of it has to be legal. lol

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    It would be nice if Tomlin found a way to copy some the stuff that Bill Bilichick does that leads to nine Super Bowl appearances. I'm sure SOME of it has to be legal. lol
    it starts with having Rooney partying with the commissioner and getting called the assistant commissioner by the league office. Until then we have no chance.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

dong fine, ben is sore every week

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That literally makes no sense whatsoever...lol. Takes his normal day off (what player isn’t sore after any game?), practices the next two days, plays in the game, gets injured in game and then team is fined 7 weeks later? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    How can you be fined for an inaccurate injury report if the player in question started that same game?

I mean, he played, so that WAS the truth. Period. Over and out.
    He clearly was nursing a significant injury and by having to leave the game that came out. Gamblers do not like those kinds of surprises and, as Richard Sherman said after the Seahawks got called out several years ago for not disclosing Sherman repeatedly was not practicing due to a knee injury, the injury list is primarily for gamblers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-for-gamblers

Steelers also have a past with this after Bell broke down in the first series of the AFC championship game and it came out he had a groin muscle issue for weeks

http://es.pn/2kbgabF

As long as you make it through the game it is hard to get caught

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No problem Rooney and Tomlin have lots of money. Just raise the ticket prices next season.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    He clearly was nursing a significant injury and by having to leave the game that came out. Gamblers do not like those kinds of surprises and, as Richard Sherman said after the Seahawks got called out several years ago for not disclosing Sherman repeatedly was not practicing due to a knee injury, the injury list is primarily for gamblers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-for-gamblers

Steelers also have a past with this after Bell broke down in the first series of the AFC championship game and it came out he had a groin muscle issue for weeks

http://es.pn/2kbgabF

As long as you make it through the game it is hard to get caught
    I mean, I guess ... but clearly they also had no idea how significant the injury was, or they wouldn't have started him. It's like ... if a guy is a little sore but definitely playing, you could be describing every single guy on the team. The fact that he practiced a normal week and then played in the game is a pretty obvious sign to me that they didn't think it was anything to be worried about. The league is basically punishing them for not having a crystal ball and predicting an injury ahead of time.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good god, Goodell and his fines

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

They got fined because players talked about how Ben had been saying he had an owie for a bit.

That's why Pats and others skirt fines. Omerta man. Omerta.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Tomlin or any other team that tries to do what hoodie does gets fined and mean while when the cheats do it they turn a blind eye.
    Certainly seems that way, doesn't it?

Perhaps if they'd only carried Roethlisberger as "questionable - shoulder" for 250+ weeks in a row, maybe they wouldn't have been fined.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I mean, I guess ... but clearly they also had no idea how significant the injury was, or they wouldn't have started him. It's like ... if a guy is a little sore but definitely playing, you could be describing every single guy on the team. The fact that he practiced a normal week and then played in the game is a pretty obvious sign to me that they didn't think it was anything to be worried about. The league is basically punishing them for not having a crystal ball and predicting an injury ahead of time.
    Yeah, you make really good points. The Steelers were clearly not trying to deceive anyone. He was 100% going to play so it would have been ACTUALLY misleading to list him as questionable.

And apparently his elbow is always sore. The team naturally assumed it was Ben being a drama queen, like always.

We all know this is nothing but a dong surgery.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s a dong fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I really don't care how much Rooney and & Tomlin are fined, the more the better when you have Moncrief walking away with 4 million for 4 catches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I really don't care how much Rooney and & Tomlin are fined, the more the better when you have Moncrief walking away with 4 million for 4 catches.
    He also gets paid for the drops, so you can amortize it a little more. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    He also gets paid for the drops, so you can amortize it a little more. lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ben was missing easy throws in the first game (against the Taperiots). Everyone assumed that it was a mixture of Ben “starting slow” and the Taperiots figuring out how to stop the one play that we ran well against them last season.

In hindsight, Ben’s elbow was probably already shot. He may of thought that it was simply soreness and/or old age, but it turned out to be much worse.

I don’t think anyone “knew” how bad the injury was; not even Ben himself. So, to fine the Steelers is kind of stupid.

A STORY:
    Back in the 90s, Mike Shannahan got fined for not listing John Elway as being “probable” (when Elway had a minor injury). Shannahan argued that EVERY player on his roster was playing through some sort of injury. The NFL upheld the fine... and thus, every single week that season, Shannahan listed his ENTIRE ROSTER as “probable”. Brilliant!!!