Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Were One Of Teams Looking To Trade For RB Le’Veon Bell

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Steelers Were One Of Teams Looking To Trade For RB Le’Veon Bell

Bell is the PERFECT weapon for a QB like Rudolph. Samuels and Bell with Fichtner and Rudolph would be fun to watch.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Edmunds was decent at RB today and looks better then his 1 pick brother talent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Edmunds was decent at RB today and looks better then his 1 pick brother talent wise.
    I agree he looked pretty good today considering. He had some hard runs for short yards and when he broke free, he looked like he could move up the field. Definitely would like to see more of him and see what he could do. Not sure if he's starter-material more than spot-starts, but I'd like to find out.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    You mean that same line that, outside of one big rush, helped their RBs to 1.875 yards a carry today? That great offensive line? (Bell's average today was 3.9 yards). I don't think the line made Bell good. Bell made the line look a little better than they were, and now we're seeing it with the struggles to run the ball.
    Yeah Le'Veon made the o-line look better, can't be possible that not having Ramon Foster hurt the o-line, can it? Nor can it be possible that Munchak leaving for Denver has hurt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah Le'Veon made the o-line look better, can't be possible that not having Ramon Foster hurt the o-line, can it? Nor can it be possible that Munchak leaving for Denver has hurt as well.
    How do you account for the rest of the games this year? We only had one good rush game all season and that was against Miami.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

How do you account for the rest of the games this year? We only had one good rush game all season and that was against Miami.
    Running game looked good today though Samuels was shit. Edmunds played a lot better

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Running game looked good today though Samuels was shit. Edmunds played a lot better
    Take Edmunds 45 yard run out of the equation and the team averaged 1.87 yards a carry. Add Edmunds run in and the team only averaged 3.6. I actually thought they have been getting worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post

Last week, the team ran the ball better when Foster went out of the game.....noticeably better.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

At this point I like the looks of the younger (cheaper) Edmunds.

- - - Updated - - -

Samuels is not made to be a pounding NFL runner, he's more like a Chris Thompson 3rd out of the backfield back.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Were One Of Teams Looking To Trade For RB Le’Veon Bell

Bell getting an MRI on his knee on his own today...lol. He’s pretty much checking out...

Jets are a full fledged dumpster fire...lol

Gase may be the worst coach in history of the league.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Take Edmunds 45 yard run out of the equation and the team averaged 1.87 yards a carry. Add Edmunds run in and the team only averaged 3.6. I actually thought they have been getting worse?
    While true, the fact is he still made that 45 yard run. You could say Barry Sanders wasn't a hall of famer if you took away all his 50+ yard runs

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Bell getting an MRI on his knee on his own today...lol. He’s pretty much checking out...

Jets are a full fledged dumpster fire...lol

Gase may be the worst coach in history of the league.
    Are you forgetting that Hugh Jackson was once an NFL head coach?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Are you forgetting that Hugh Jackson was once an NFL head coach?
    "Are we talking worst coaches? I got this! Hold My Beer...."
    -Rich Kotite...sometime in the 1990's

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Who was worse than Bobby Patrino? Left mid-season to take another job.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Who was worse than Bobby Patrino? Left mid-season to take another job.
    I totally forgot about that! Yeah, that isn't going to get topped anytime soon.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I think you’re right that Bell is an incredible talent that I’m sure made everyone around him better. But I also think he was better with our O line than he is with the Jets.

I think there are probably a lot of little problems with the run game this year that amount to more than the talent of the linemen. Possibly scheme, situational play calling, and the fact that we don’t have Ben in there backing off the run defenders.

Also one thing that was so useful with Bell was that he never needed to come off the field so the defense didn’t know what packages to put in.

For instance, we now have this jumbo package with Nix and Banner where we run it 100% of the time. Maybe that changed against the Colts, because I heard that statistic before the game.

I for one definitely appreciate what Bell brought to the offense. I certainly don’t fault the team for not making a deal with him work, but there’s no denying the drop off in offensive options and potency.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Gase is worse...I mean he took a team with much more talent into Miami in a revenge situation and got his ass kicked...lol.

Gase is worse...I mean he took a team with much more talent into Miami in a revenge situation and got his ass kicked...lol.
    After the way the Dolphins played against us, I kind of expected them to beat the Jets

I think you’re right that Bell is an incredible talent that I’m sure made everyone around him better. But I also think he was better with our O line than he is with the Jets.

I think there are probably a lot of little problems with the run game this year that amount to more than the talent of the linemen. Possibly scheme, situational play calling, and the fact that we don’t have Ben in there backing off the run defenders.

Also one thing that was so useful with Bell was that he never needed to come off the field so the defense didn’t know what packages to put in.

For instance, we now have this jumbo package with Nix and Banner where we run it 100% of the time. Maybe that changed against the Colts, because I heard that statistic before the game.

I for one definitely appreciate what Bell brought to the offense. I certainly don’t fault the team for not making a deal with him work, but there’s no denying the drop off in offensive options and potency.
    In all honesty, I think they complemented each other as well. They didn't have to pull the guard or run power runs as much and instead, could run zone blocking schemes to stretch out the line. That allowed Bell to sit back and wait until a hole developed, and then he was gone. As I've said before, the one big thing Bell was missing from his tool belt was break-away speed. But he was lightning fast for those first four-six steps, which is why he could run, stop, run, cut, run, cut, and run again. They just couldn't catch up to him for the first 2-4 yards. And, all that cutting and stopping screwed with their timing on hits. But, again, without a line to set that up, he has to focus on hitting one hole and going rather than creating mismatches.

After the way the Dolphins played against us, I kind of expected them to beat the Jets
    Since Fitzmagic took over, the Dolphins went from terrible to just pretty bad. Which is better than the Jets. I'm guessing the Dolphins will end up 4-12 and the #1 pick will be the Jets or Bengals

Since Fitzmagic took over, the Dolphins went from terrible to just pretty bad. Which is better than the Jets. I'm guessing the Dolphins will end up 4-12 and the #1 pick will be the Jets or Bengals
    Yeah, I remember the announcers talking about how Miami was getting better every week as there was more and more buy-in every week. That makes sense. I think by the end, we'll see a decent Miami team this year. Not good. but decent. If they properly handle their draft picks for this coming draft, they might be a force to reckon with in a couple of years.